Politics

Asari-Dokubo To Patience Jonathan: You Cannot Impose Wike On Rivers People

Asari-dokubo-478x300Ex-militant and leader of the defunct Niger-Delta People’s Volunteer Force, Alhaji Mujahedeen Asari Dokubo has flayed the recent statement attributed to the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan that she is solidly behind Supervising Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike’s quest to govern Rivers State come 2015.

Asari-Dokubo warned that any attempt to impose Wike on the people of Rivers State would adversely affect the political fortunes of President Goodluck Jonathan and the Peoples Democratic Party.

“To make Wike a governor in Rivers State in 2015 is not morally right. All the fellows endorsing him for whatever reason should know that it will injure PDP, it will injure Goodluck Jonathan. If Goodluck’s name is brought into it, that he is in support of the perpetuation of an Ikwere hegemony in Rivers State, which is not right by population, which is not right under any calculation, it will injure him and PDP”. Dokubo warned in a recent chat with Leadership.

The First Lady had in reaction to a media report that she had withdrawn her support for the minister as well as planning to install three governors in the 2015 general elections, declared her total support for Wike and reaffirmed his position as leader of PDP in Rivers.

Mrs. Jonathan in a statement through her media aide, Ayo Adewuyi said, “In the case of Rivers State, the First Lady wishes to state categorically that the Supervising Minister of Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, is the leader of PDP in Rivers State and he enjoys the followership of the people of the State. The First Lady is solidly behind Chief Wike.

“The people of Rivers State are also solidly behind Chief Wike and are prepared to follow him. It is therefore mischievous to insinuate that Mrs Jonathan is working to ensure that the governorship candidate comes from one of the riverine areas of Rivers State which may not be where the people are going.

“It is also imperative to state that the First Lady is always with the people and will continue to go with the wish and expectations of the people. Mrs Jonathan has not withdrawn her support for Chief Wike at any time and will always work for the interest and the good of Rivers people. As far as the First Lady is concerned, there is NO SHAKING in Rivers State”.

But Dokubo countered the first lady, saying Wike cannot become the next governor of the state.

According to him, an Ikwerre man has no business in Rivers Government House in 2015, adding that it would amount to political suicide for PDP to field Wike, an Ikwerre man, in the next polls.

“As far as we all know, there are three ethnic clusters in Rivers State: the Ijaws, the Igbos (Ikwerre is part of the Igbo cluster) and the Ogonis. After Bayelsa was excised from Rivers State, the Igbos have ruled for many years. Odili was an Idoni Igbo; he ruled for eight years. Omehia/Amaechi, who are also Ikwerres, by 2015 would have ruled for more than eight years, making over 16 years”, he explained.

Asari-Dokubo insisted that it is impossible for an Ikwerre man to succeed Governor Rotimi Amaechi who is also of that ethnic stock.

His words: “It is morally wrong for any anybody to say that Igbo cluster should produce the next governor in 2015. I am an Igbo man also, by virtue of my origin, and so I am not against the Ikwerre people or against the Igbo. I repeat, I am an Igbo man; I can narrow it down: I have Ikwerre blood flowing in my veins.

“Having said that, the next cluster are the Ijaws, made up of the Kalabaris, the Obolo and Ibani people, the Wakrike; Okirika is just one town in Wakrike, Ukoro and others. These people have produced a governor. In terms of local government spread, they are in 11 local government areas out of the 23 local government areas; the Igbos are spread in eight and the Ogonis in four local government areas.

“In terms of population, when you remove the cosmopolitan population of Port Harcourt and Obiakpor, which is about 80 per cent of the population, is non-indigenous of those local governments. That is old non-Rivers indigenes and Rivers indigenes, who are not indigenes of Port Harcourt and Obiakpor local governments. If you remove those populations, the Ijaws are the majority as a single block.

“When you look at that, for somebody to say another Ikwerre man should become governor is wrong. Yes, constitutionally, he has a right to aspire, everybody is free to aspire, but it is not moral, it is not right. Something can be legally right but it might not be morally right”, he added.

1. Ade

April 12, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Atari or Asari whatever is a very sick man

• Senibo Tamuno Briggs

June 14, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Hey, Asari is not sick. Mind you language. He errs his mind view. ok

2. chikwere amadi

April 14, 2014 at 12:27 am

that woman is a fool,APC IS the own way in river state now PDP is dead in river state

• Senibo Tamuno Briggs

June 14, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Hello Chikwerre Amadi,

If you have insulted the First Lady, then you have also insulted the President and all the Nigerians
      who elected the president including you.

so mind your language to avoid trouble of litigation against you.

Your identity is known. So be carefull.

Regards.

3. chikwere amadi

April 14, 2014 at 12:28 am

monkey foolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

• Senibo Tamuno Briggs

June 14, 2014 at 6:50 pm

you dont have to insult someone. he is only erring his view like u ve just done

4. Senibo Tamuno Briggs

June 14, 2014 at 6:48 pm

My dear friend and bros, Alhaji Mujahedeen Asari Dokubo.
    Dokus, I hail u ooooo even though I no dey see ur greenlight again.

Much respect, I applaud somethings u do in this country and the way you go about it.
    But in this aspect of Chief Wike being penciled down as the next Governorship candidate of Rivers State, I differ with you. Why? Because according to you, constitutionally, he has the right to contest, like every other person. But your argument is based on moral justifications. Thank you and I love the basis of your argument. I am also of the Ijaw ethnic nationality. It may interest you to know that it is also based on this moral justification that the Loving members of PDP in Rivers State has irked Chief Wike to sit in as the Governorship candidate of our Great Party, PDP, in Rivers State, because of his enormous contributions and love for the party in the state. Without his concerted efforts to keep the party afloat with his machinery, time and money, PDP would have been a dead party in Rivers State and will be dead for many years, especially now that Governor Amaechi, is pulling all muscle to pull PDP down and install APC. See what happened in Imo State where and how PDP is still running a battle trying to return to power.

So, if the well meaning people of PDP in the state has moved on the choice of Wike, as a good strategy to retain governance in Rivers State, please Alhaji, let it be, as it is on moral grounds also, which is in turn with your argument (and should not be on sentiments). There are times when sentiments rubbishes good efforts and it is a time like. Governor Amaechi will be happy to see Chief Wike out of this race. That is why he is doing everything within his reach to foil the choice of Wike, including the use of propaganda, which is a veritable tool in politics. I think positively and with facts, that this orchestrated Gov. Amaechi’s move for Assembly approval of 50 billion Naira loan, purported to use to fine tune his administration projects “(APC project inclusive)”

All well meaning Rivers PDP members should rally round Wike to retain PDP governance in Rivers State, otherwise they will be like their Imo State counterparts, who are soaked with regrets, most of them now Keke na pep and taxi drivers and some operating under the guise of businessmen, but are psychological beggars roaming the streets of Port-Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja..

SO GOOD PEOPLE OF RIVERS PDP BE WISE AND SUPPORT ANY OBJECTIVE DECISION OF THE PARTY AND NOT SENTIMENTAL REASONS. KNOW IT THAT IF YOU ALLOW SENTIMENTS TO BECLOUD YOUR REASONING, ALL OF YOU WILL BE AS GOOD AS MOVING SKELETON IF BY YOUR SENTIMENTAL MISTAKE APC WINS THE GOVERNORSHIP OF RIVERS STATE..

THE PDP IN IMO STATE IS SUFFERING IT NOW.

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

I REST MY CASE.

LONG LIVE RIVERS STATE

LONG LIVE NIGERIA

SENTIMENT IS A GAME

ABDUCTION IS A GAME

CHIBOK IS A GAME

BOKO HARAM IS GAME/STRATEGY

BUT NOT ENOUGH TO INTIMIDATE THE PRESIDENCY – GEJ CARRY GOOOOO
    NOTHING DEY HAPPEN and NOTHING DEY SHELLEEEE.

MY PRESIDENT RELAX AND BE FOCUS THINGS WILL SORT OUT ITSELF
    WHEN THERE ARE TIRED AND THE GIRLS ARE DISILLUSIONED, THEY WILL START
    RELEASING THEM GRADUALLY IN THE GUISE OF ESCAPE

CHIBOK IS NOT A GOOD SMART GAME TO CONVINCE PRESIDENCY TO END THE STATE OF EMERGENCY.

– AFTER ALL THERE WAS SIEGE IN KENYA MALL
    – ABDUCTION HAPPEN EVEN IN AMERICA
    AMERICAN SOLDIER ABDUCTED OVER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME WAS JUST RECENTLY RELEASED BY THE TALIBAN.
    SOME ISREALI SOLDIERS ARE BEING ABDUCTED BY BOKO HARAM COUNTERPARTS IN THE MIDDLE EAST, HAMAS SECT..

5. ibro ken

August 16, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Its wit gr8t pleasure dat I want to comment on this issue of imposition of wike as pdp candidate in river state.to quickly set d ball rolling mr Asari made mention of morality in d game of politic,stated dat its morally wrong 4 Wike to contest even wen he has d constitutional back up wit out tking in to cognizance of d similar issues sorrounding the aspiration of GEJ come 2015.yes its indisputable fact dat GEJ has d constitutional right to contest bt its morally & politically wrong 4 him to govern d country,4 dat will b detriment to d political calculations & success of PDP come 2015.pardon me if my submission will go contrary to ur desires & convience me wit facts were necessary.Bt frm logical deduction its swt enough to reason along side wit you if dat will b genuine basis of analysis.

6. AMOS IFEANYICHUKWU EZEH

November 29, 2014 at 11:46 pm

THOUGH AM NOT FROM RIVER STATE . BUT AFTER GOING THROUGH ASARI’S WRITE UP I WAS QUICK CONCLUDE THAT THE MAN IS RIGHT. BUT READING FURTHER THE PEOPLE MIND AND OPINON WITH REASONS WHY THE MAN WIKE FORTUNATELY BE THE MAN THAT CAP FIT. FOR THE GOOD PEOPLE OF RIVER STATE AND PDP AS WHOLE I THINK SENTIMENT SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN ROOM LET THE MAN THAT CAP FIT A RELIABLE TRUSTED AND CAPABLE MAN GO AHEAD .

7. Mr Franklin

January 6, 2015 at 12:37 am

I think dokubo is ryt, give it a second thought.

8. Ogolo Dimabo

January 13, 2015 at 9:10 pm

Asari is 100% right. APC is WINNINGm #Team change.

9. chris

February 8, 2015 at 10:42 pm

There is nothing immoral in wike contesting.Either my dear Dokubo doesn’t really understand morality. If It is legal, then it has to be morally Ok. Just an observer.

10. Gospel Godson

February 17, 2015 at 10:40 pm

Please we should ignore BABA the former president.

Why do we bring ethnic politics now.If APC is required to win the PDP it would not have displayed Buhari. It should have endorsed Rochas Okorocha.That would have been a remarkable contest of the APC.

Also Wike enjoys lots support from all river’s people.It’s his right to vote and to be voted for.

Allow WIKE the caps fits him.

Igbos bear in mind that the way for an Igbo extraction to be president 2019 is through the PDP.

With Goodluck Nigeria is focused.

Boko- Haram is just a distraction and have been now part of the process.The initiators can no longer handle it. A BIG SHAME. And this have caused human and land devastation,to the detriment of the people.

Let us stay as a united nation and shun all forms of violence.North and North east STOP.

We can be the Nigeria of the 80s again.WE CAN LET DO IT TOGETHER.

Goodluck you are right with all Nigeria.

Welcome our NEW PRESIDENT 2015 MAY 29TH (GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN)

11. Ben

March 29, 2015 at 5:32 am

Kudos! Based on what Mr Asari was trying to trifurcate here is just moral justification and nothing else. Though i am nt from River,ijaw or igbo bt i have passion and love for d pple,pls let us make peace among all. LONG LIVE NIGERIA, LONG LIVE EGJ, LONG LIVE ASARI, LONG LIVE IJA,IGBO AND OTHERS…

12. lord ayoski

April 20, 2015 at 12:34 am

Asari abeg rest ur case.. Na so u rake tire say if GEJ lose Nigeria will be history u will do dis n dat, up till now we never see nothing from u.. Na who go give u money u dey fyn. Let the masses decide

13. lord ayoski

April 20, 2015 at 12:43 am

Asari but u said u are going back to the creek.. what r u still waiting for? I think say by now u go don blow all the oil well… Bros abeg live politics for people wen Sabi am no be to dey one side dey talk any how.. he be like say Amaechi don carry billion give u..

14. IPINMIDUN SAMUEL

August 31, 2015 at 10:53 am

u are right ooooooooooooooooooooooo @ Asari, APC! CHANGE

Politics

I Received Vision That I Would Be Governor – Oyetola

I Received Vision That I Would Be Governor – Oyetola

Gboyega Oyetola

Governor of Osun State, Gboyega Oyetola has stated that God revealed to him in a dream that he would be Governor of the State long before he joined the race.

He revealed this while speaking at a service held to commemorate the second anniversary of his administration at the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Osun Province 1 Headquarters, Osogbo, on Sunday.

Oyetola said, “I am ordinarily not one who sees visions but on two occasions, I had a strange encounter. Imagine the son of an Imam, receiving a Christian song in a dream. That was my encounter.

Also Read: You Are A Worthy Successor, Aregbesola Tells Oyetola

“All I could remember on both occasions was the last line of the song which says ‘IleriOluwa ni lati se’. Outside of that dream, I had never heard the song before. When the impression was heavy on my heart, I called one of my friends to ask him about the song, and he told me the song was the Track 2 of Timi Oshikoya’s album.

“He went out and got me the album and immediately I started listening to the track, my consciousness was restored and then I had an understanding of what God was saying to me. That revelation has continued to give me confidence of victory each time I am faced with legal and political battles since becoming governor.”

Politics

Anyim Backed Out Of Defection Over Visit to Buhari – Umahi

Anyim Backed Out Of Defection Over Visit to Buhari – Umahi

Dave Umahi

Governor of Ebonyi State, Dave Umahi has claimed that a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari stopped former Senate President, Pius Anyim and National Assembly members from the state from defecting to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

He made the claim on Sunday while speaking during an APC stakeholders’ meeting at the Bouquet Lodge, Old Government House, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.

Umahi claimed that Anyim who served as Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) in the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan, and others refused to defect because he outsmarted them all.

“They were planning to ambush me, but it is difficult to catch the air,” he said.

Also Read: President Buhari receives Governor Umahi after defecting to APC (Photos)

The governor insisted that he consulted all the National Assembly members and the elders from the state about his defection from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), adding that they all agreed to the defection arrangement.

“Let me tell you, I’m not afraid of anybody but I respect everybody. But I have said that if God sent me, this will be the last fight in this state,” he said.

Umahi added: “All these people that came together to fight me, they collect contracts, they collect monthly pay, they collect vehicles. And when they are asked to bring people that worked for us, they will bring their wives, children and relations.

“Now, they are dressing words for us. We are in chapter one, in Chapter two, I will publish all that I have done for the leaders of this state.”

Politics

Sanwo-Olu Names Building After Tinubu, Warns Youths Against Vandalism

Sanwo-Olu Names Building After Tinubu, Warns Youths Against Vandalism

Babajide Sanwo-Olu

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos has named the newly built Apapa-Iganmu Local Council Development Area after the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

This was made known in a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Gboyega Akosile.

Sanwo-Olu also named the Agboyi-Ketu LCDA after the late Senator of Lagos East Senatorial District, Adebayo Osinowo.

He stated that the recent #EndSARS protests brought out the need for the government to double their efforts and prioritize youth development and empowerment.

Also Read: No Pardon For Rapists, Says Sanwo-Olu

The governor however warned youths against the destruction of the government’s assets built with public funds.

Sanwo-Olu disclosed that the decision of the council leadership in Agboyi-Ketu to name the edifice after Osinowo testified to the contributions he made to the development of the council.