From experience I have learnt three things: most first dates will not be awesome, a select few first dates will be the exact opposite of awesome, and even fewer will be truly wonderful. When they are, though, they will be stratospherically, scream-it-from-the-rooftops-like-a-bad-romcom wonderful. They’re what makes those 45 minutes we spent nursing a vodka-soda listening to some drip drone on about his boring job or her stupid pets worth it. Here are eight things you’ll feel after an amazing first date (that deserves a second one).
1. MUTUAL AWESOMENESS
This is the holy grail of first dates: how often do you find someone who thinks you’re awesome, who you also find just as awesome? But it’s also one of the very best things you’ll feel after nailing a first date. Few things feel better than when you both leave a date feeling better and more confident about yourself, and like there was no question of whether or not you were into each other.
2. SEXUAL CHEMISTRY
We’re not saying your night has to end in a full-on makeout sesh (though good for you if it does), but we’re not going to lie — by the time you part ways, you should be feeling some kind of urge to grab their face and/or other body parts. Sometimes you’ll have so much to talk about there’s no time for physical stuff to even come into the picture, but if you don’t feel any desire for physical contact, whether or not anything happens, that’s not a great sign.
3. A SENSE OF AUTHENTICITY
We all want to present our best selves on first dates, and sometimes that means you can force yourself to be “on” for the night, carefully offering up only your funniest stories and pretending like you don’t snort when you laugh. But on a great first date, you’ll subconsciously shed this pressure to be “on” and just start being yourself — snorts and all. When you’re being yourself, you’re free to take a genuine, honest interest in what your date has to say, as if you were catching up with a good friend. And that’s a very good sign.
4. A FEELING OF MYSTERY OR INTRIGUE
In Data: A Love Story, author Amy Webb discovered the most popular women on online dating sites limited their profiles to around 500 words or less. The reason, she concluded, was these women knew to put out just enough about themselves to leave visitors with a desire to know more about them. Similarly, if you end a first date feeling like you know this person completely, why would you want to go out with them again? Feeling like there’s so much left to learn about this mysterious and wonderful new person in front of you is one of the very best things you can experience after a great first date.
5. THE CONSTANT URGE TO REPLAY THE DATE
If you find yourself replaying the best parts of your date in your head long after it’s over — like when you both said the same thing at the same time, or when you both laughed at something funny the waiter did — it can feel like the best kind of daydream. A great first date will make you continually draw upon and revisit these special little moments in your head for hours or days afterward. Conversely, if you try to think back on what happened and the memories don’t come flowing back, chances are it wasn’t a very good date.
6. VALIDATION THAT YOUR DATE FEELS THE SAME
It’s only human to crave validation, especially from a romantic interest. A friend of mine recently told me how he judges whether or not a first date went well: “If we make out, then I know she didn’t hate me.” Not all post-first-date gestures will be so obvious, but if it was a great date, you’ll feel some sense that your date felt the same, whether that’s through a follow-up text, an invitation to go out again, or, yes, a makeout.
7. A DESIRE TO BE BETTER
A great first date will be so intoxicating it will redirect your focus from the negative parts of your life, whether that’s the job you’re struggling with or the ex you’re trying to get over. The shot of positive energy you feel just by sitting in front of this great person will force you to live in the present and make you want to improve yourself.
8. HOPEFUL ABOUT DATING IN GENERAL
You know how going on enough bad first dates will convince you the only right thing to do is ban humans and live the rest of your days curled up in bed with an endless stockpile of burritos and Ally McBeal reruns? Great first dates will make you feel the exact opposite. And no matter what happens on dates two, three, four, or on to infinity, that’s what we love the most about them.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment20 hours ago
‘I Miss Being On A Movie Set’, Says Temi Otedola
- Entertainment15 hours ago
‘It Made Me Understand That I Wasn’t Respected’ – Reekado Banks Finally Speaks On Wizkid’s Insult
- Entertainment20 hours ago
Ebuka Obi-Uchendu Pens Heartfelt Message To His Wife On Her Birthday
- Entertainment21 hours ago
‘Made In Lagos’ Surpasses ‘Twice As Tall’ On UK Albums Chart
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Alleged Abortion: ‘I Am Not A Murderer’ – Ultimate Love Star, Rosie Says In Touching Video
- Entertainment21 hours ago
Peter Okoye Appreciates Fans As He Hits 10M Followers On Instagram
- Entertainment20 hours ago
Singer Teni Returns With New Single, ‘Jo’
- Entertainment21 hours ago
Tiwa Savage’s ‘Celia’ Makes Time’s 10 Best Albums Of 2020