Here’s how the dating progression is supposed to go:
(1) You meet someone you find intriguing and
(2) you get to know each other. Step number one usually feels like the hard part, while getting acquainted comes more naturally. But not always. For some people, dropping their guard long enough to let you in takes a concerted effort—and plenty of time.
Here are 15 tips for how to proceed if that describes your new prospect:
1. Go easy. A good place to start is to be sure you aren’t pushing too hard too fast. There is nothing wrong with letting the person you are interested in have the reigns and set the pace for a while.
2. Lead by example. Be open yourself—to demonstrate what you’d like in return.
3. Pay attention. Nothing encourages somebody to share better than having an active, genuinely interested listener.
4. Ask small questions. Find a conversational thread and gently pull. Never start by saying, “So, tell me about yourself…”
5. Be aware of body language. Your posture, eye contact, hand gestures—all of these communicate something important. Your nonverbal cues say either “I’m really interested” or “I’m bored and going through the motions.” Use your body language to promote rather than prevent openness.
6. Give yourself a gut-check. Ask yourself: Are you critical and demanding of others? Is your sense of humor demeaning or uplifting? Would you feel safe sharing your inner self with you?
7. Stay in the sweet spot. Put your date at ease by doing things he/she enjoys the most. The more the person is having fun, the more likely conversation will flow.
8. Seek safety in numbers. Suggest dinner with his friends, then observe what happens when his defenses are down.
9. Bargain. Make a game out of trading personal details. Start silly—favorite TV sitcom—and work your way up.
10. Employ top-notch “customer service.” Make sure your focus is on the other person’s needs, desires, and wishes.
11. Be informed. There may be legitimate reasons for a person’s reticence to open up as soon as you’d like. A little empathy goes a long way.
12. Avoid interrogations. Nobody likes bright lights and thumbscrews.
13. Know when to fold ‘em. Back off if he or she starts signaling discomfort.
14. Don’t take reticence personally. If your date is slow to open up, it’s probably not about you. It is a statement about who they are and what they need.
15. Put the ball in his/her court. If you’ve done all of the above and still feel that you are on the outside looking in, you are allowed to tell your date what you want (to get acquainted) and why (because you’re interested and attracted).
There is no “right” way for relationships to develop. Each one follows its own path on its own timetable. Still, it can’t hurt to give yours a little active encouragement along the way.
Actress Osas Ighodaro Celebrates Her 30th Birthday With Emotional Post
Nigerian actress, Osas Ighodaro penned an emotional note via Instagram as she clocked 30-years-old on Monday.
To mark her birthday, the single mother of one posted a monochrome photo of herself as she wished for people to continue praying for those who lost their lives during these turbulent period.
“Thank God for another year. Happy Birthday to me. If you know me, you know I absolutely love birthdays but this year it certainly hits different. I’m overwhelming grateful for life and thankful to God to be able to see another birthday bc unfortunately many haven’t and won’t have that opportunity.
I am hopeful for better days for myself, those that I love and hold dear and most certainly for my country Nigeria. I pray for unity, peace, harmony and togetherness. We all deserve it.
My birthday wish is to please continue to pray for those innocent lives lost. Please remain hopeful and focused because I truly believe better days are soon ahead by God’s grace.
Peace, Love and Blessings.”
See her post below:
Exotic Resorts May Be the Best Bet for a Holiday
An exotic vacation usually means exploring a distant foreign country, whilst resorts are places
to go for rest, sport, or which offers a particular speciality, with many resorts being part of a
popular tourist destination or on or near a beach. If you are planning a vacation to an exotic
resort it can be a once-in-a-lifetime vacation to a far-flung destination or a luxurious place to
stay closer to home where you can enjoy some pampering.
Why stay at an exotic resort
Exotic resorts often offer all-inclusive vacation deals, along with other options that leave you
to plan your stay more precisely to your own wishes. These resorts offer excellent customer
service, superb accommodation and facilities and are usually to be found in beautiful settings.
Here are some of the best resorts from around the world for you to consider:
Four Seasons Resort, Seychelles
This famous resort has made many feel they have entered Paradise. The gentle ocean breeze
floats up the granite hillside and into your tree-house villa tucked away from the other guests
staying at the resort. This is perfect for encouraging you to relax, either by your private pool
or in the clear blue waters of Petite Anse Bay. Perfect for a romantic stay, there is a Spa for
pampering and the chance for a sunset meal on a deserted beach.
Some enjoy simply sitting on their balcony, gazing at the ocean between reading their book,
sketching or checking out international bookmakers and betting sites for the chance of a
flutter. If you want another type of adrenaline kick, check out the resorts excellent kayaking
and snorkelling facilities, which are recommended by nearly all who try it.
Anantara Resort, Hua Hin, Thailand
The ultimate tropical getaway, the Anantara Resort is an award-winning site modelled on a
traditional Thai village and is just three hours drive south of Bangkok. The location is where
Thai royalty and aristocrats have been holidaying for almost one-hundred years. Today, you
can visit historical attractions alongside theme parks and shops as well as vineyards and golf
The resort is set among 14 acres of lush tropical grounds with lotus-filled lagoons and
meandering pathways through exotic foliage, with many rooms overlooking the shoreline.
Each day, chefs prepare freshly caught local seafood alongside Thai specialities. The resort
also has an award-winning spa located within a lagoon-inspired oasis offering you the perfect
opportunity to relax.
Kurumba is a well-established resort that opened almost 50 years ago and continues to offer
superb hospitality and contemporary facilities. There are seven speciality restaurants offering
cuisine from Italy to the Middle East as well as Thila, a restaurant which extends out over the
water which offers gourmet breakfasts and seafood dinners.
You can go snorkelling over the nearby reef full of colourful marine life or sign up to a dive
package as part of your stay, or just enjoy a private pool when staying at one of the spacious
villages. There are also deluxe beachfront bungalows offering direct beach access and views
of the crystal-clear waters.
Healthcare Workers To Receive Coca-Cola-Funded PPEs From Nigerian Red Cross
Since the outbreak of the Coronavirus disease in Nigeria, our healthcare workers have continued to lead the charge against the disease. As the number of recorded COVID-19 cases in Nigeria began to increase, these healthcare workers rose to the challenge and fought tirelessly to protect the lives of Nigerians impacted by the disease.
Considering the risks these healthcare workers face, there is a crucial need for adequate protective equipment for these brave frontline workers.
Coca-Cola is excited that over 400,000 Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) procured to support the intervention efforts of the Nigerian Government and other key stakeholders to fight the COVID 19 pandemic have arrived. We do believe that this will to provide succor to our healthcare workers on the frontlines
These PPEs comprise N95 respirators, surgical masks, examination gloves, face shields, medical gowns, no-touch thermometers, disposable aprons, heavy-duty rubber gloves, rubber boots, basic masks, disposable gloves, and hand sanitizers.
Since the first confirmed case of the disease in Nigeria reported in February, over 800 healthcare workers have contracted the disease. While Nigerians are encouraged to stay home where possible and practice social distancing, these healthcare workers are needed across the country in the continued fight against the disease.
This donation forms part of The Coca-Cola Foundation’s COVID-19 relief interventions in Nigeria. The Coca-Cola Foundation has provided $2.5m in grant to IFRC who seeks to directly impact the lives of 1.4 million people in Nigeria and across other countries in West and Central Africa under this partnership.
- Entertainment6 hours ago
‘It’s Really Sad That Fashola Is Part Of The Pantomime’ – OAP Toolz Reacts To Camera Found At Tollgate
- National News16 hours ago
Lagos Govt Reviews Curfew Time
- National News15 hours ago
I Am Avoiding Debates Over Lekki Toll gate Incident Until All Facts Are Established – Buhari
- News Feed13 hours ago
Lady buys carton of indomie with COVID-19 sticker in Akwa Ibom
- News Feed22 hours ago
Lekki Toll Gate: Journalist calls for the prosecution of DJ Switch
- News Feed22 hours ago
Ensure fundamental freedoms of peaceful protesters – Martin Luther King III writes Buhari
- Entertainment10 hours ago
Tara Durotoye Reveals The Extent Of Damage Done To Her Store By Hoodlums
- National News15 hours ago
Fashola Discovers Hidden Camera At Lekki Toll Gate