The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) on Saturday in Abuja said that troops, operating in the North-East, have captured a massive armoury with arms and ammunition belonging to Boko Haram insurgents.
This information is contained in a statement signed by Major General Chris Olukolade, Director of Defence Information/Coordinator of the Joint Information Centre Counter Terrorism Campaign.
Mr. Olukolade said that a dump of the terrorists was sighted in one of the camps, around the Lake Chad area, that fell on Friday night in the ongoing counter terrorism operations.
He said the large quantities of weapons recovered in the raid were still being evacuated from the scene of the night raid where several terrorists also were killed.
“Similar operations took place in other camps, in coordination with the troops of Multi-National Joint Task Force.
“These camps are located on the outskirts of Duguri, Polkime, Malafatori and other locations around the fringes of Lake Chad.
“Substantial money in different currencies and denominations were also recovered from the camps”, he said.
Mr. Olukolade said that seven Boko Haram terrorists were captured in the operation during which a soldier died while five were wounded.
He also said that troops conducting ‘Cordon and Search’ for remnants of the terrorists, who attacked Giwa Barracks in Maiduguri on Friday, also had an encounter with some of the surviving terrorists.
According to him, the encounter was in the general area of Kayamla and Alu Dam on the outskirts of Maiduguri.
“More of the terrorists have been killed and arrested in the ongoing encounters.
“Those captured in the encounter are providing useful information towards the discovery of other hideouts of the daring terrorists.
“It has been revealed that the terrorists are now desperate to either free or kill the ones being detained with a view to averting or preventing further revelations about their operations and hideouts as this has been frustrating their plans lately”, he added.
The Coordinator said more bodies of fleeing terrorists have also been discovered along the routes of their escape.
He said troops’ morale and fighting spirit have been further boosted by the outcome of the operations so far.
Mr. Olukolade said that the ‘Cordon and Search’ as well as ‘Patrol and Pursuit’ by air and land would continue in the entire mission area of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa States.
#LekkiMassacre: Hoodlums Storm TVC Station In Lagos; Set Properties On Fire (Video)
Hoodlums have reportedly invaded the headquarters of popular news station, TVC, believed to be owned by National Leader of APC, Bola Tinubu.
According to reports, the staff of the news station are being trapped in the building located in Lagos.
The moment Morayo and Co decided to leave the station after it had been taken over by hoodlums.
— My Opinion (@Diji_O) October 21, 2020
Videos circulating online shows that properties in the compound have also been set ablaze.
The news station is currently off air and this comes hours after Nigerians accused the Lagos politician of having a hand in the #LekkiMassacre.
Information Nigeria recalls security agents had opened fire at peaceful #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Tollgate on Tuesday.
In a video circulating online, the anchors of one of the shows, ‘Your View’ were heard saying that there were hoodlums at their gate trying to break into the premises.
Watch the video clips below:
— Itz CakeByTolex (@tolulope_salako) October 21, 2020
— POSTNAIJA (@POSTNAIJA) October 21, 2020
— Angry mob attacks TVC , set the station on fire.. pic.twitter.com/xEDpLeWkpW
— VyrãlTreñdz (@TheVyralTrendz) October 21, 2020
‘Hoodlums’ have reportedly invaded news station, TVC and are attacking their people. pic.twitter.com/h90bWoL37o
— Pulse Nigeria (@PulseNigeria247) October 21, 2020
Several Injured As Thugs Attack #EndSARS Protesters, Governor Oyetola In Osun
Some of the vehicles in the Governor’s convoy were also destroyed by the thugs but the Governor himself was evacuated to safety by his security team.
As the convoy was leaving the protest venue, some of the youths continued to stone his vehicles.
While the protest was disrupted, Governor Oyetola assured the injured victims that the government would be responsible for their medical bills.
#EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Constitutes Panel Of Enquiry
In a bid to quell the #EndSARS protest which is spreading like a raging inferno across the country, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the Governor of Lagos State has set up a panel of inquiry and restitution for victims of SARS.
This was announced in a statewide broadcast on Thursday.
The panel will be a 7-man panel which will ensure that all those with verifiable cases of SARS brutality or fatality receive compensation.
The Panel will be chaired by retired Justice Doris Okuwobi, while members are Ebun Adegboruwa, SAN (representing the Civil Society), Taiwo Lakanu (a retired Deputy Inspector General of Police), Patience Udoh (representing the Civil Society); Segun Awosanya aka Segalink (Human Rights Activist).
Others are Olutoyin Odusanya (Director, Citizens Mediation Center), a rep/member of the youth-led protest, and a representative of the Human Rights Commission.
There will be a help desk for the complaints and petitions to the panel.
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Regina Daniels Birthday: EVERYTHING You Need To Know
- Entertainment24 hours ago
‘My Landlady Chased Me Away And Started My Kind Of Business’ – Nkechi Blessing
- News Feed23 hours ago
Pasuma Says He Was Not Chased Out Of #EndSARS Protest In Lagos (Video)
- National News23 hours ago
Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos
- Entertainment20 hours ago
#EndSARS: ‘It Hurts Knowing This Country Has Potential’ – Singer Tekno
- National News21 hours ago
Police Ban All Forms Of Protest, Gatherings In Lagos
- News Feed23 hours ago
Carol Afegbai Admits To Shooting Student in 2013, Daughter reacts by deactivating her Instagram account (Video)
- National News23 hours ago
Akwa Ibom Governor Constitutes Judicial Panel To Probe Police Brutality