M-Commerce, including mobile payments and person-to-person money transfers, is identified as a high a growth area in the coming years within Ericsson, providing a substantial global market potential – for us and our customers.
Ericsson is now looking to strengthen its team in Sub-Sahara Africa with a number of Solution Architects to drive and further grow its M-Commerce business. This role can be based in Nigeria or Ghana.
This is a position for an experienced Solution Architect, preferably working already in the M-Commerce domain. As a Solution Architect, you will have frequent customer interaction and will be responsible for managing customer requirements and proposing, based on evaluation, competitive solution alternatives.
You are part of the Region’s Engagement Practices and work closely with Customer Unit teams from pre-sales through the implementation and conclusion stages. In the pre-sales stage you will take the lead as customer solution responsible for all sales support activities, including workshops, presentations and responding to RFP’s. Depending on the opportunity, you might continue in the delivery stage as lead delivery solution architect with responsibility for the end-to-end delivery execution.
Part of your role will also be to support business development and portfolio management activities, identifying and specifying main business processes that our solutions support. Moreover, you are experienced in handling constant change of scope and execute your leadership with respect to Ericsson resources as well as third party suppliers and subcontractors.
· Analyze customer requirements and propose technical and competitive solutions.
· Participate in presales activities such as workshops and RFP requests. Take lead as Customer Solution responsible, ‘owning’ the solution offered. Develop solution description including solution proposal, design and 3rd party vendor selection.
· Participate and drive evaluation of 3PP’s suppliers/products and solutions.
· Analyze how security requirements from various aspects should be interpreted and suggest best possible adherence.
· Participate in project execution as Lead Delivery Solution Architect. Manage the customer solution throughout execution phase including active communication with customer and internal stakeholders.
· Identify add-on sales opportunities to continuously improve margins.
· Drive changes in the methods, processes and guidelines within the customer organization as well as internally. Act as a manager/leader/mentor in day to day situations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues in the region.
· Drive add on sales and business opportunities in order to increase sales, margins and to develop services portfolio.
· Follow up on delivered solutions on an agreed regular basis with customers to keep yourself informed about the life cycle evolvement.
· Recognized as a leader in knowledge sharing communities.
· Expected to travel internationally and locally when required.
· University degree in Engineering, ICT or equivalent
· 10+years of relevant professional experience of which at least 5 years in a similar role.
· Strong personal track record from Senior, or equivalent, Solution/Enterprise Architect position, preferably with experience from transactional services, brokering services, charging solutions and hosting models
· Strong track record in engaging with customers and participation in external forums and events.
· Deep experiences of driving analysis of how requirements can be implemented from a technical perspective based on strong business understanding.
· Significant experience from implementation of M-Commerce and SI projects.
· Strong M-Commerce market knowledge and extensive experience to translate value propositions that should be communicated to the market and secure winning propositions.
· Strong understanding of how project management and engagement models work.
· Excellent language skills in English. Skills in other main languages like French is a plus.
Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offering comprises services, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. We are enabling the Networked Society with efficient real-time solutions that allow us all to study, work and live our lives more freely, in sustainable societies around the world.
Primary country and city: Nigeria (NG) || Other/Not Applicable || Lagos || IT
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- National News23 hours ago
Gowon Describes UK MP’s Fraud Allegations As False
- National News23 hours ago
Gowon: AfDB President Adesina Warns Against Misinformation
- Politics19 hours ago
Injustice Made Me To Dump PDP For APC – Senator Abbo
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Singer Jennifer Lopez Goes Nude On New Cover Art
- National News22 hours ago
Former Lawmaker, Shehu Sani Accuses FG Of Using Huge Loans To Buy Substandard Chinese Railway Locomotives
- National News20 hours ago
Buhari Will Set Nigeria On Fire If He Doesn’t Implement People’s Demands —Wike
- Entertainment6 hours ago
South African Rapper, Cassper Nyovest Lauds Wizkid’s ‘Made In Lagos’ Album
- Metro News22 hours ago
Nigeria Ranks Third On Global Terrorism Index Despite Drop In Deaths – Report