Connect with us

Metro News

Soldiers Flee As Boko Haram Strike Borno Community, 29 Feared Dead

Published

on

boko-haram-3The killing spree by suspected Boko Haram insurgents continued yesterday as the sect launched a deadly attack on community in Borno State, killing 29 people.

The latest attack on Sunday — just a day after at least 74 were killed in three separate attacks – hit the town of Mafa in the Northeast state, Boko Haram’s historic stronghold.

According to Senator Ahmed Zanna, the militants had sent fliers to the town earlier in the week, warning of an impending attack.

Following the threat, some people fled, schools were closed and military reinforcements were sent to the town roughly 45 kilometres (28 miles) northeast of Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.

But when the attack began “the soldiers fled because they could not match the firepower and numerical strength of the gunmen”, Zanna told AFP.

“Twenty-nine people have been buried from the attack by Boko Haram”, he added.

The incident was confirmed by the state Police Commissioner, Lawal Tanko, who disclosed that units were headed for Mafa to assess the damage.

Continue Reading
6 Comments

6 Comments

  1. Arewa

    March 4, 2014 at 9:51 am

    ‘Boko Haram well armed and more motivated than the military’. These are the words of the Borno State governor that was refuted by Jona and his cohorts of talkatives. Why did the military flee? Police job in Nigeria is just to asses the level of damage and take statements.

  2. bobo international

    March 4, 2014 at 10:17 am

    God have mercy on us oh.

  3. Daniel

    March 4, 2014 at 12:15 pm

    whenever I hear the name ‘ boko haram’ . it makes me think . but this time they amazed me. no armed robber will tell an entire street and the police that he is going to rob a particular house .it’s not what I will call the wisest of robbers. but looking at it this boko haram people wanted to prove a point. By announcing to Nigerians ,the military and all who care to listen , that they are now better equipped and had better training(education) by their ‘oga at the top”. politics at it’s best.

  4. muyiwa

    March 4, 2014 at 12:29 pm

    This is very unfortunate. the soldiers ran away leaving the vulnerable people to their fate. When the governor said the insurgents were better mobilised, he was critised. now the bh people have come out to confirm the statemnt of the gov. i just pray and hope that the nigerian military will rise up to this challenge and that the govt. will also give them all necessary mobilisation.

  5. anoti

    March 4, 2014 at 3:43 pm

    When the protector flees, then the protectorate is hopeless. I think the time has come for nigerians to think of how to secure ourselves cos even the military’s obviously handicapped. What a shame!

  6. bonny

    March 4, 2014 at 10:27 pm

    May God bring peace to nigeria,bh will soon become history in nigeria!watch out….

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Published

on

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.

Continue Reading

Metro News

#LekkiMassacre: Hoodlums Storm TVC Station In Lagos; Set Properties On Fire (Video)

Published

on

#LekkiMassacre: Hoodlums Storm TVC Station In Lagos; Set Properties On Fire (Video)
Properties in the conpound on fire

Properties in the compound on fire

Hoodlums have reportedly invaded the headquarters of popular news station, TVC, believed to be owned by National Leader of APC, Bola Tinubu.

According to reports, the staff of the news station are being trapped in the building located in Lagos.

Videos circulating online shows that properties in the compound have also been set ablaze.

The news station is currently off air and this comes hours after Nigerians accused the Lagos politician of having a hand in the #LekkiMassacre.

Information Nigeria recalls security agents had opened fire at peaceful #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Tollgate on Tuesday.

In a video circulating online, the anchors of one of the shows, ‘Your View’ were heard saying that there were hoodlums at their gate trying to break into the premises.

Read Also: #EndSARS: Nigerian Army Denies Shooting At Protesters In Lekki

Watch the video clips below:

Continue Reading

Metro News

Several Injured As Thugs Attack #EndSARS Protesters, Governor Oyetola In Osun

Published

on

Several Injured As Thugs Attack #EndSARS Protesters, Governor Oyetola In Osun
Several Injured As Thugs Attack #EndSARS Protesters, Governor Oyetola In Osun

#EndSARS protesters in Osun

The Governor of Osun State, Gboyega Oyetola on Saturday, escaped an attack by thugs which happened while he was addressing #EndSARS protesters in Osogbo, the state capital.

Some of the vehicles in the Governor’s convoy were also destroyed by the thugs but the Governor himself was evacuated to safety by his security team.

Also Read: #EndSARS: Hold Enugu State Govt Responsible If Anything Happens To Us – Phyno, Kcee, Zoro

As the convoy was leaving the protest venue, some of the youths continued to stone his vehicles.

While the protest was disrupted, Governor Oyetola assured the injured victims that the government would be responsible for their medical bills.

Continue Reading

Trending