MasterCard is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories.
Acceptance Development – focus on mobile acceptance
Merchant, Retailer and third-party payment facilitator business development
Acquiring Bank business development
Regulatory over sight (in relation to Interchange impact on acceptance )
‘Go To’ person for Acceptance Development across West Africa, ensuring alignment between the individual markets ‘go-to-market’ approaches and the overall MEA Acceptance Development strategy, taking into account the region’s longer term strategic initiatives. This individual will be responsible for developing dedicated acquirer and merchant plans.
Establish strong relationships with the players in the acceptance value chain and work with new players to provide new models to the market. This individual will enhance merchant/retailer relationships by creating value along the lines of relevant and specific value added solutions (ie on-line gateways, MasterPass, PayPass, information services, co-brands). The candidate should be able to quantify the benefits for both parties through an understanding of MasterCard’s P&L and maximizing revenue for all parties through an effective acceptance strategy.
The successful candidate will work closely with the West Africa management team on the regulatory and economic impacts that affect the acceptance of electronic commerce.
• Analyze business opportunities to increase share and revenue. Implement both short and long term strategies and tactics to increase profitability.
• Implement Acceptance Development solutions that improve revenue generation and enhance mutual profitability.
• Leverage all MasterCard assets and product management resources to deliver exceptional merchant/acquirer value.
• In partnership with regional Acceptance Development resources, contribute to developing MEA-wide business plans, leveraging appropriate market intelligence.
• Interpret and assess available MIS to identify opportunities for innovation.
• Deliver extensive acceptance expertise and knowledge into the market place.
• Drive ATM and POS acceptance in Nascent markets.
• Guide processing and switching strategy to grow acceptance.
• Prioritise markets and work streams taking into account financial viability and time to market on projects.
• Project-manage initiatives – from concept through to implementation.
Key Competencies sought:
• Business Acumen
• Knowledge leadership
• Solution drive
• Results orientation
• Strong Analytical ability
• Project Management
• Influence, Assertive, Initiative
• Autonomy, Independence and Accountable
• Quantitative, qualitative and analytical insight
• Commitment, Passion and Energy
• Ability to work with team as well as independently
• Deep business development and marketing experience, gained in the financial services, payments or retail sectors
• Strong project management, problem solving, analytical and organizational experience
• Experience in merchant acquiring, retailing and/or corporate transactional banking will be advantageous
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple stakeholders in a multicultural environment across multiple geographic locations
• Excellent writing and presentation skills, extensive experience in communicating in international environment at senior management level
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills
• Organization and time management skills; ability to multi-task
• Exceptional business judgment and strategic planning skills
• Business Case development, including financial analytics
• Budget preparation and management
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Solid solution development skills and effective working both independently and in a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
• B-Com required, MBA preferred
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- National News23 hours ago
Gowon Describes UK MP’s Fraud Allegations As False
- National News23 hours ago
Gowon: AfDB President Adesina Warns Against Misinformation
- Politics20 hours ago
Injustice Made Me To Dump PDP For APC – Senator Abbo
- Entertainment7 hours ago
Singer Jennifer Lopez Goes Nude On New Cover Art
- National News23 hours ago
Former Lawmaker, Shehu Sani Accuses FG Of Using Huge Loans To Buy Substandard Chinese Railway Locomotives
- National News20 hours ago
Buhari Will Set Nigeria On Fire If He Doesn’t Implement People’s Demands —Wike
- Entertainment3 hours ago
Wizkid Calls Out British Rapper, Tinie Tempah And His Manager Over Unpaid Debts
- Entertainment7 hours ago
South African Rapper, Cassper Nyovest Lauds Wizkid’s ‘Made In Lagos’ Album