With more than 380,000 customers—including 100 of the Fortune 100—and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries around the globe, Oracle offers an optimized and fully integrated stack of business hardware and software systems. Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center–from servers and storage, to database and middleware, through applications. Learn more about Oracle http://oracle.com/us/corporate
As a member of the East Central Europe, Middle East and Africa ECE/MEA sales organization, the Solutions Specialist will support the field sales teams in key African countries to demonstrate Oracle’s commitment to being a strategic business partner. This person will effectively leverage Oracle’s solution portfolio, its human capacity building efforts and local initiatives to raise Oracle’s profile as a strategic partner within the Public Sector and beyond. Candidates will be required to present the corporate leadership” benefits to local field sales teams, Public Sector CXOs and stakeholders to support the development of a strong mid to long-term pipeline.
- Implement Oracle’s corporate leadership strategy to develop critical partnerships and goodwill amongst stakeholders particularly in human capital development and innovation.
- Project-manage cross-LoB human capacity initiatives and keep all internal stakeholders up to date on progress and impact of projects.
- Drive the deployment of the Oracle Academy program in East & West Africa with a focus on strategic engagement of universities, schools and government agencies.
- Align the positioning of human capacity building initiatives with the Oracle’s PS solutions to underpin the benefit Oracle solutions can bring to government agencies and the citizens they serve. Support field sales and IBU through customer presentations, C-level selling where needed.
- Work with local Country Leaders to liaise with government institutions to position Oracle as a strategic partner for ICT investments.
- Work with strategic partners to maximize opportunities, recognition and goodwill for Oracle.
- Engage PR/Marketing to raise Oracle’s profile as a strong corporate leader that actively promotes best practices to build human capacity and drive IT solutions that can positively impact society.
- Represent Oracle via memberships or engagement with select associations or non profits.
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualifications and Skills:
The ideal candidate will
- Be an autonomous, self-starter who knows how to stay focused on goals and deliver results.
- Demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships with partners and with key stakeholders and customers.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with an ability to work with all levels, irrespective of nationalities, cultures, Oracle lines of business, etc…
- Be energetic, driven, and possess a “can do” attitude.
- Conduct business in English. Working knowledge of French and/or Arabic desirable.
- Proven experience in the IT industry and/or in leading and developing high profile, large scale capacity building programs.
- Be willing to travel throughout Africa and beyond as needed (up to 50%).
- Be experienced working with Public Sector entities.