Though it’s been a long time since I was a Girl Scout, I remember a thing or two about earning badges. I don’t believe there’s a badge for “busy,” and yet it’s a trait we all seem to lust after now as adults. Let’s be honest, here: “busy” has become the new black. There is rarely a person I talk with who doesn’t say he or she is busy.
Sometimes, it seems as if people are vying to win the contest of who is the busiest. Trust me, darling, there’s no prize for that contest. Want to know a secret to becoming enchanted with your life? “Busy” leads to burnout. In fact, kitten, here’s the truth about “busy” as a lifestyle:
1. Busy disconnects us from those that we love. When you’re rushing from here to there, there’s no time for our partners, children, family or friends. Busy becomes an excuse to not spend time with people we love.
2. Busy becomes the answer to “how are you?” This which disconnects you from your body’s natural GPS system: your feelings!
3. Busy is a form of numbing. Just like alcohol or overeating numbs us to living life, busy keeps us from feeling.
4. Busy squashes joy. When you numb the icky feelings you may be trying to avoid by being busy all the time, you also numb your ability to feel the good stuff!
5. Busy becomes an excuse not to take care of ourselves. We eat fast food instead of cooking and skip things like regular doctor visits.
6. Busy pushes us to do more and forsake the things we need to stay healthy, like adequate sleep.
7. Busy leads to exhaustion. Our bodies aren’t meant to be on the go 24/7. Not only do we need rest, but we also need play!
8. Busy doesn’t equal worthy. No matter how much you do in a day, life will never be perfect.
9. Busy becomes our identity. We buy into the idea that if we aren’t busy, we will be seen as lazy, unambitious or as an underachiever. So we fill our schedules indiscriminately.
10. Busy leads to drama. When we’re on the edges of burnout, we’re more likely to make mountains out of molehills.
11. Busy distracts us from our dreams and goals.
12. Busy is addicting. We don’t know how to relax or what to do with our idle time, so we fill it.
Do you recognize yourself in this list? Oh, darling, you are not alone. What can you do if busy has become your identity and you’re ready to ditch busy as a badge of honor? Here are twelve ways to start:
1. Really review your calendar. Are you filling your time with activities that you really desire to do? Or are you filling your time simply to fill the time? Begin bowing out of things that don’t really serve your goals.
2. Are you overcommitting your time? You are a finite resource! Ask yourself, “What’s the worst thing that can happen if a particular task isn’t done?”
3. Are you saying yes to things that don’t feed your spirit? Remember that “No.” is a complete sentence.
4. Are you allowing yourself enough “white space” in your life? White space is the gap between rest and exhaustion. It is the space between breathing freely or feeling as if you are suffocating. Think of it like empty space on your calendar!
5. Are you allotting time to work towards your New Year’s goals? If you want to make those dreams a reality, you must have time to work toward them!
6. Are you always tired? Reduce the tasks on your to do list, turn off Facebook, and go to bed earlier.
7. Are you keeping yourself busy so that you don’t have to feel? Be honest with yourself around what feelings you’re trying to avoid.
8. Are you creating sacred time in each day? Allow for tiny moments to discover the beauty in the everyday art of living. Take a deep breath and a few minutes for a little prayer or meditation.
9. Do you have routines that support your dreams? I know routines sound boring and very unglamorous, but they are the backbone to living.
10. Are you over-scheduling your kids? Keep your children‘s extra-curricular activities to one or two per child. Kids need time to be kids and just play, especially unstructured play. And they need plenty of good sleep!
11. Do your children model your busy behavior? Children who have all their time planned never learn how to amuse themselves. Children need to learn how to entertain themselves and play alone. It also allows them to dream and be creative.
12. Are you doing things that you can delegate? Considering hiring someone to clean the house or mow the lawn while you work on a project is wise. You can also barter activities with a friend.
One of the most valuable commodities you have is your precious focus and attention. It’s time to stop worshipping at the altar of busy. It’s time to become smitten with yourself and enchanted with your life.
Begin to move toward creating life you love by ditching busy as a badge of honor. Because, darling, you’re worth it.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Politics11 hours ago
BREAKING: Senator Abbo Dumps PDP; Joins APC
- News Feed11 hours ago
Lai Mohammed reacts to second report on Lekki tollgate shooting
- National News14 hours ago
Family Of Slain Vendor Demands N500m Compensation From Gbajabiamila, Threatens Legal Action
- Entertainment11 hours ago
Socialite Pretty Mike And His 6 Pregnant Babymamas Make It To The Wendy Williams Show
- News Feed11 hours ago
Water tank driver accuses Duncan Mighty of assaulting him in Rivers
- News Feed11 hours ago
Offa Polytechnic Student Union Government Gives Merit Award To Cultist Groups
- News Feed11 hours ago
Man Excited As Davido Gifts Him 1M After Making A Video On His Birthday
- National News14 hours ago
Don’t Allow Conspiracy Theorists Undermine Lagos Security, Sanwo-Olu Tells Residents