‘She Looks Cheap With Her N3k Tejusho Dress,’ Nigerian Designer Rubbishes Mercy Johnson

You all know Emmy Collins, the Nigerian designer who is known for being so outspoken and constantly criticizing celebs and this time he’s taking a swipe at actress Mercy Johnson over her appearance in the photo below.

mercy-_emmy

This is what he said:

Okay, so I got this from a reader this morning, “ehen small aproko …Emmy, I saw pics of Mercy Johnson looking tacky on other blogs and they tagged her sexy. I confuse o”  My understanding of the mood of the author of this comment was that of someone gob-smacked by either a blatant lie or blatant ignorance.

Mercy Johnson looks so cheap here that if cheap were to be animated today, it would most definitely not want to be associated with Mercy Jonnson. Yes, she seemed so hideously dressed in that hideous dress (haha, playing with words, na me biko). I don`t even know where to start or end, the N3k tejusho dress, akpola shoes, the “mgbekerish” pose, the walls behind her(background), foot mat, et al, yet some blogger deemed it appropriate to tag this picture right here “sexy”. Kai, sexy don suffer ni. Abasi mbo, Chineke no n’eluigwe, Oluwa! What did we do to deserve this?

Okay, I know what we did. We became too hypocritical. I can imagine cheap (I mean animated version) blurting out words like – “abeg, abeg, I know say I cheap, but no be like that nah,kai! No put me near that cheap looking woman, biko” – when compared to Mercy Johnson in this ensembles of hers. On a very positive note, we should all be thankful to the almighty God/Allah that she didn`t venture putting on those sunnies in her hands, because if she did, kai, egbe for gas, lol.

More often than not, I wonder if these sort of classless half-baked celebrities that we are bedevilled with aren`t God`s idea of punishment for all the iniquities we commit against him daily. We have “afọ anu” celebrities that are ineffective in all spheres of life, be it politics, fashion, etc. Tell me a Naija celebrity that has influenced any fashion trend? Perhaps just about 2% of them have pet projects, except when they surround themselves with cameramen while visiting motherless babies homes. In another clime, these are supposedly the innovative bunch, but it’s sad that the last word a well meaning and well-informed individual would use to describe any Nigerian actress or actor today is “innovative”. How did we get here? It has become a nonsensical game of ‘please find out where Genevieve or Omotola has visited, me too I wan go there nah and make sure all the blogs will post the pictures’.”

Well, you guys know what I think about this image, what do you think?

Okay, Mercy, here is the deal. If you gonna be showing your mansion in Ajah, shouldn’t you be spending some dosh on your style as well?

PS: I concluded a long time ago that some bloggers must be on some cheap crack if they are gonna be seeing white and calling it black. I will only do my best to call them out when I can afford the time.

1. moi

February 3, 2014 at 1:33 pm

What’s ur business Mr know it all. Those that wear gbogbo or aloko [fearly used clothes] re they not humans. Ur common sense cldnt figure out she’s on a movie set. Na u even dull pass. RUBBISH. If d walls re cracked so what? Pple still leave under the bridge. Pple like u live fake life. Always wanting to impress others. Empty vessel

2. meee

February 3, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Mr emmy collins (oga I too know). U r mad nd stupid @ d same time! I realy don’t av any comment u.u a just a church rat, nd dats y u av d time 2 talk bad about odas, JObless IDIOT,am very sure u r just a broke ass nigga. its only d bad u see in pple.oniranu oshi, oloriburuku.

3. o evelyn

February 3, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Bad belle wetin concern u mr emmy hw much own u dey wear yeye person

4. me

February 3, 2014 at 5:28 pm

He’s obviously drunk and am very sure he’s generation of Men to come can neva eva score a woman like mercy johnson.

5. Kenechukwu

February 3, 2014 at 5:32 pm

If he said all that about Mercy Johnson, I wonder what he will now say about Ramsey Noah wearing singlet and jeans in the background.

6. tracy

February 3, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Mr know know fire.idiot..U̶̲̥̅̊ smoke shit? U̶̲̥̅̊ blind?
    Ode..jjealousy G̲̣̣̣̥ό̲̣̣̣̥ kil U̶̲̥̅̊..

7. Amazinggrace

February 3, 2014 at 7:49 pm

U ar sayin dis cos she did not fall 4 u jelosy ha husband is not complaining

8. david confidence

February 3, 2014 at 8:48 pm

olofofo. Mind your business. You too Mumu. Can get a woman like her?

9. mz jay

February 3, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Mr emmy or whtvr ur called! D fact Đa̶̲̥̅̊τ̲̅ ur nt privileged enuf †✆ buy Đa̶̲̥̅̊τ̲̅ kind of expensive cloth doesn’t mean Đa̶̲̥̅̊τ̲̅ U̶̲̥̅ shud now open Đa̶̲̥̅̊τ̲̅ ur big mouth †✆ criticise her…….#bad belle#

10. bennie

February 3, 2014 at 9:32 pm

I’m sure he does not know wat it is 4 1 2 be sexy, foolish guy! Mercy is a sexy actress. Just go and die 4 nothing!

11. Meme

February 3, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Daft Emmy! Orioda! Ole! Enwu!ino mkpo! Olodo! Etc. Carry ur smelling mouth go pour ur girlfriend cuz Mercy Johnson doesn’t smell rotten nd smelling mouth. If her dressing or the cost of the clothe dey pain ur belle, I dey ready to buy ur coffin and attend ur burial. F^ck off! We Dnt need u. Cha-cha fool!

12. concerned lady

February 3, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Ode! Are you so daft that you could not see that it’s a movie set? Do’u know the part she was acting there? I hate when people like you try to put these celebs on pedestals and then turn around and accuse them of sleeping around with big men in order to live fake lives that people like you encourage them to live. Nwa beke like you. Pls pls biko live them alone! Let them be! This is just cheap publicity on your part and it’s very appaling bcos I believe the sky is big enough to contain anyone that worked hard to get there. Shey you are stylishly seeking attention so they can come and patronise you so you can reap them off.Or dress them in rags like it obtains in Hollywood now and put a killer price tag on it trying to justify it.MJ is a fantastic actress,bikonu live her d h**l alone! If e too pain u abeg go HUG transformer!!!

13. henry

February 3, 2014 at 10:42 pm

This is pure jealousy,this person is definitely stupid!

14. shola

February 4, 2014 at 12:27 am

Emmie Collins or what ever your name is,
    I have to go and search for you because I have never heard of that stupid name of yours before, but I was stunned by what I discovered, which people don’t know about you , “you want to know what it is ?”
    A mother fucking faggot that always want to compete with women,A stupid gay ass hole that has nothing to do but gossip around and be looking for cheap ass publicity, I’m not the one that said it, but your stupid mode of dressing and combination of colors are the one that sold you out,M.J, is a very strong woman that work hard to achieve everything she have and the way she spend her money doesn’t concerns a stupid gay man like you ,and you’re nothing but a clown like joker in batman movie, but don’t worry, they coming after your ass in Nigeria, you this gay bastard,You disgust me.

15. buklaw

February 4, 2014 at 11:03 am

the less ppl think the more the talk idiot

16. celine

February 4, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Am not suprise, dat is gay mentality woman dnt please them. M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ baby keep doing W̶̲̥̅ђa̶̲̥̅̊† Ɣ☺u knw how to do best and let stupid Emeka go ad die.and I will sow seed for his apaty. Idoitic Emeka.

17. uc

February 10, 2014 at 12:31 pm

D guy z just lukin 4 popularity 4 hs so called designers cloth. E b lik mercy johnson refused to purchase his outfit dts y d beef z here. Evn if d cloth is 1k,d importnt tin z lukin gud n feelin cmfrtable.d “hw do I luk” prog on style netwrk evn encourage dressin gud @ affrdable prices,so she musnt buy 10mill naira dress,she z sexy.

18. danyfokzy

February 13, 2014 at 11:07 am

Mr emmy u no get work? Find beta tin do wit ur time ooo dan 2 dey critisise pple wey don make deir names……. EDIOT

19. bbjayone

February 18, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Mr designer or wat do u call urself, y nt mind ur business nd focus on ur own career rather dan pokin ur nose into oda pple affairs…u wia d same person dat talked against paul(psquare) attire he used 4 his weddin nw u r talkin against mercy johnson attire.shey dey use am do u make u dey talk nonsense concernin odas ehn nd bsides dat sef, cnt u c dat mercy j is on a movie set..bro, abeg change ur attitude b4 ur attitude go change u ooooooo.

20. bee

February 28, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Dis is arrant nonsense u yarn emeka collins! Obviously ur bad belle has absolutely blinded u to reasoning, such dat u cld not differentiate btw reality and acting! Cos d picture clearly….glaringly signifies dey were acting and she quite nailed her role. If u ar so envious of her success, girl….sori guy ask to be introduced to her instructor cos she learnt from d best or u go get urself A LIFE!

21. Me

August 31, 2014 at 5:36 am

NUISANCE!

22. serah

January 18, 2015 at 7:01 pm

Designer my foot mind your business

23. pato

February 15, 2015 at 11:08 am

The media should not aid and assist envious critics or whatever to defame people. The fact that a person is wearing an ill fitting dress is no justification to call such a person cheap, especially a married woman. They are not the same thing. Please mind your language.

24. mirinedoromba

February 16, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Perhaps its time to stop these infantile blog posts and replace them with more functional and meaningful issues on health education,business planning,vocational skills,nutritional and parenting skills,marketing skills,ideas from great entrepreneurs,motivational speakers and books…you name it

Ronke Oshodi Oke Cries Uncontrollably As She Regrets Campaigning For Buhari

Ronke Oshodi Oke Cries Uncontrollably As She Regrets Campaigning For Buhari

Ronke Oshodi-Oke

A video circulating on social media captured the moment actress, Ronke Oshodi Oke wept bitterly for campaigning for the president of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari and Kwara state governor in 2015.

While speaking in her Yoruba dialect, the actress said she regrets her actions as she held herself responsible for the current state of the country.

The actress apologized for misleading her fans into voting for Buhari.

This comes after the president addressed the nation on Thursday.

Information Nigeria recalls the Buhari failed to speak on the violence unleashed on #EndSARS protesters at Lekki tollgate on Tuesday and this didn’t sit well with many Nigerians.

Read Also: “I Have Suffered, My Kids Must Not Suffer” – Small Doctor Reacts To Buhari’s Empty Broadcast

Watch the video below:

Omotola Apologizes For Her Insensitive Tweet About The Lekki Tollgate Shooting

Omotola Apologizes For Her Insensitive Tweet About The Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde

Popular Nigerian actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde has apologized for her insensitive remark about the Lekki Tollgate shooting.

Information Nigeria recalls the actress drew backlash after she warned people against sensationalising the unfortunate incident via Twitter.

The actress tweeted;

“If People died during the Lekki Toll Assault , let their people speak out please and if there were No deaths then enough with the sensationalization because it does not remove from the Crime that happened. PEACEFUL PROTESTERS WERE ATTACKED. WHY? BY WHOM ! #EndImpunityinNigeria.”

Nigerians slammed the actress over the tweet which she has now deleted.

Reacting to the backlash, the film star tendered an apology to those who were offended by her words and she also tried to make amends.

The actress mentioned that her tweet was “misunderstood” as she owned up to her mistake.

“I hope you know I don’t doubt people died ! I hope you understand that we need to collate these now and not continue with the I’m dissapointed I’m leaving talks. Get Angry again. We Can’t stop”, she added.

The mother of four also re-shared a video released by one of the eyewitness of the massacre, DJ Switch in which she recalled the tragic incident.

Taking to Instagram, Omotola posted a video released by a doctor at Doren hospital who said multiple victims of the Lekki shootings were brought in and one died from a gunshot wound to the heart.

Read Also: Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Under Fire For Asking If People Died In Lekki Massacre

See her posts below:

Actress Doris Ogala Calls Out Uche Elendu For Allegedly Lying That Her Store Was Looted

Doris Ogala and Uche Elendu

Nollywood stars, Doris Ogala and Uche Elendu

Drama as Nigerian actress, Doris Ogala has accused her colleague, Uche Elendu of lying to the public that her store was looted and vandalized by hoodlums.

Information Nigeria recalls Elendu took to her Instagram page on Wednesday, where she shared a couple of photos of the shop that was vandalized and ransacked.

Reacting to the post, Ogala called out her colleague and she advised her to speak the truth unless she would be exposed.

According to the actress, the shops do not belong to Elendu.

In her words;

This is not nice.. I know the owners of those shops.. this is pure deceit.. people should stop taking advantage of the situation.. ah ah.. we lost a lot of people.. kindly mention the shop owners.. if not I’ll repost and expose it..”

Read Also: “All My Hard Work And Investment Is Gone” –  Actress Uche Elendu Cries Out As Hoodlums Loot, Destroy Her Shop

See her post below: