News Feed

‘How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife’ – Pastor Peter Kayode Opens Up

Pastor Peter Kayode Falarungbon is the Head Pastor of Awakeners Chapel International. He was the first Head Pastor of the Ghana branch of T.B. Joshua’s Church, Synagogue Church of All Nations.

tbjoshua_bookIn the latest edition of the world acclaimed Nigerian Religious magazine-Lifeway, Pastor Kayode reveals how the Head Pastor of the Synagogue Church of All Nations, Prophet T.B. Joshua, virtually sent him into exile in Ghana in order to have canal knowledge of his (Pastor Kayode’s) wife, Lola.

This is his story:

It was in 1991 that my wife, Lola, and I went to the Synagogue. We went there because we had been married for nine years without any child. When we met Joshua he looked like a gentleman, a kind person and someone that could be relied on. I saw him as someone representing God because of his physical and outward appearance. Within two weeks of our going there, he had gotten very close to my wife. That got me concerned but then I concluded that it could be because my wife hailed from the village next to his in Ondo State, Nigeria.

One day my former wife told me that the Prophet wanted her to work with him; that she had to do this before God could answer our prayer for a child. Since I did not want to be an obstacle, I gave her the go ahead. Suddenly I found myself going there every day because we wanted the fruit of the womb. One day, Lola told me the Prophet wanted to see me. T.B. Joshua told me God wanted to use me and that I should surrender myself to the service of the lord. It was a big battle in my heart and with my family but finally I succumbed.

The first thing he did was to relocate me from where I lived in a three bedroom apartment at Ipaja road. He gave me a Chamber and hall at Ikoutun Egbe. He told me that if I wanted to serve the Lord, I have to separate myself from the world, from my family and my friends. That was the beginning of my journey. I abandoned my parents and refused to see any of my siblings. I was placed in the evangelical department to study the scriptures. However, because of my Salvation Army background, I found loopholes in some of the things he taught us but I could not openly challenge him.

He later asked my wife to move into the church permanently, while I continue to stay in the chamber and hall. I would leave the house in the morning, go straight to the church and return home in the evening alone. On Sunday mornings, she would rush in early in the morning around 6am, take a change of clothing and rush back to the church. Anytime I showed my desire for intimacy, she will refuse on the grounds that the Prophet said we should not engage in sex yet.

After going through the Bible Training course for about three to four years, most of my colleagues left. I was one of two or three people who remained from my set. After a while, a Ghanaian named Ben and I came to Ghana in 1997 to plan a crusade, We contacted the Ghana Pentecostal Council and we marketed Joshua very well to them even though many of them did not know him. We returned to Nigeria and about months later. I was sent back to Ghana to start a fellowship. We began to grow from there. Up till this time, my former wife remained in Lagos; we could not talk on the phone and I could not talk to my family as well. Once in a while, maybe once in six months or once in a year, Joshua would call me and put my wife on the line. Our conversation usually went like this: “How are you?” “I am fine.” “Well I just want to find out if you are okay.” That was all. Meanwhile, the real reason why we went to Synagogue was yet to be resolved – that was our childlessness.

At some point during the years, I began to awaken from my spiritual slumber. I took a series of decisions. One of them was I must see my parents. Early one morning, while in Lagos on his orders, I left Ikotun Egbe at 5.am.for Agege and traced my parents. They received me coldly. I was not in the least surprised. But then my mum later disclosed to me that my wife had told one of my old friends that Joshua told her it was impossible for her to conceive through me, that the lack of conception was my fault.

An incident I witnessed convinced me there was something between Joshua and my wife. Joshua used to flog his followers, old and young. I was privy to him trying to flog my wife once, but she just walked out on him without anything happening. For her to have the guts to walk out on him when he was flogging others convinced me there was more to their relationship.

The allegation of my wife with the connivance of T.B Joshua that I could not father a child continued to bother me. I battled with temptation. I came to a decision that I needed to remarry in order to prevent falling for temptation and also to prove to Joshua, Lola and everyone who believed the lie that they were wrong. In Ghana, I met a lady here and I told her everything about my situation. And she agreed to my proposal. To the glory of God she got pregnant. I jubilantly announced to my parents, “I told you there was nothing wrong with me!

Five days before my father passed on, he insisted on speaking with me. But because none of siblings had my telephone number they could not reach me. Eventually, my father persuaded my siblings to take him to The Synagogue to meet with Joshua. He was sure that through Joshua a call would be placed to me.

Unfortunately, when they got to The Synagogue they were left at the gate unattended to for two hours. They sent for my former wife and briefed her. She went inside to return two hours later to tell them that the Prophet was not available to see them. They had to return home. The next day, my father passed on. That was why my siblings shunned me. Right there I made up my mind to leave The Synagogue. I told myself it was time to leave!

1. oma

February 10, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Your story is filled with potholes .

2. joe E

February 10, 2014 at 12:54 pm

The above reasons are not enough for ur claims. God is a spirit,he that serve Him must serve Him in spirit and truth. If u believe in the miracle of God through the man why can’t u also believe in his prophesy. Sometimes,miracle goes with concrete prophesy. Otherwise,Don’t bury ur faith only on one thing, if u try one thing and it doesn’t work for u,go for another. Remember bro, the scripture said: for no reason should a man throw away his wife unless for fornication/adultery. God is perfect,He makes way where there is seems to be no way. Another thing is the state of ur mind,that’s wat u hold on to as object of ur believe over the matter. Believe in God n also in urself everything will work well wit u. Prayerfully reconcile wit the woman(wife) and the whole condition,and get together again u will see favour of the Lord. The subject of” ask and it shall be given unto u,knock and the door will open unto u (as God commanded)is in no small measure concerns our life.

3. truthhurts

February 10, 2014 at 1:10 pm

chai! Why is it that christian piple are so daft! See wayo in broad daylight. No wonder kemi omololu olunloyo calls him pastor tuberclosis. Tufia!

4. Agric business expert

February 10, 2014 at 1:15 pm

make millions of naira and create jobs in agric business, consult us for bit by bit details of poultry farm, fish farming, snail farming etc 08063908397

5. tunde

February 10, 2014 at 1:22 pm

I don’t no why people still dey worship all dis evil pastors here and dea,a church dat sell holy water 4 5000naira per sachet,my brethren still don’t desist from all dis evil churches.wolves among sheeps,its only in nigeria dat people worship pastors as if dea jesus christ,love jesus wit ur whole heart and forget taking ur problem tu pastors,deas no problem in life dat past white fasting with fervent prayer tu jesus christ,dat my fada will not answer,read ur bible very well and u will understand wat jesus christ says corcerning end time.

• Promise

February 11, 2014 at 9:57 am

My brother Tunde, I think the problem is with people not reading their Bible and asking the Holy Spirit to help them understand a book that is written in plain English. They only want to hear what a man of God says without double checking. “Freely you received, freely give” – Matt. 10:8, yet people will be buying so-called unholy or holy water from T.B. Joshua. I have some of my relations entangled in this, and you cant convince them otherwise.

6. dj

February 10, 2014 at 6:35 pm

The Bible says we shall knw the truth and it shall set us free,I dnt blame u cos u were in need of smtin and u blved the man of God could pray for u dt u get it,dts how it should be,but since inceptn i knw in my spirit that that man isnt sent frm God,any1 can say anytin,Congrats on deliverance,so sorry abt ur wife,sorry,former wife

7. Embiet.

February 10, 2014 at 7:30 pm

Well Ur Explanation Is nt Enough Proved for you to Judge.But Since dats what u consumed in ur Heart..I Pray is True or Else u will Ve a Reward but if nt d Prophet will ve His reward..God reward all according to Our Work.

8. nj

February 10, 2014 at 7:49 pm

cock and bull story! 1st , he seperated u from ur wife and u never reacted. 2nd, when u reconciled with ur people and they told u about ur wife latest, u didn’t confront her or the prophet and u left after the reconcilliatn without dropping ur contact to them and collectn their own contact. pls find another story!

9. oluomo prince

February 10, 2014 at 8:30 pm

God of heaven nd earth will forgive does of u who speak evil of the prophet, al I knw is dat judgement is of God nd nt human. As for me I believe in him, his ministry nd al dat come in contact of him God help us

10. rachel.

February 10, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Ur story is not true. First, I worked at the synagogue and I have never seen the man of God flogging anybody.
    Second, TBJoshua will never anyone is barren. I know this bcos Iived with him for over a year. He’s very open and honestly the sweetest person I have met.
    I pray God forgives u for saying this about the man that puts smiles on peoples faces.
    We jst out of ignorance brings cursed upon ourselves.

11. mr hart

February 10, 2014 at 10:36 pm

First u call urself a pastor and u come out to critisize a real prophet of god. Ur a big fool. Who be u and ur dirty wife. U no dey see en own wife hw beautiful she is. Bastard u’ll roth in hell. Inshort am coming to ur church on sunday and I’ll definitly shoot u and send u to hell myself. Pastor my ass

• Promise

February 11, 2014 at 10:09 am

God is telling me right now to tell you to be BORN AGAIN, accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour, invite the Holy Spirit into your life and turn from your old ways. Please, going to church and loving and supporting and being close to a-man-of-God does not make you Born Again or take you to Heaven. PLEASE DO THIS QUICKLY.

12. joenna

February 10, 2014 at 10:53 pm

Nawaa for jobless Nigerians,chai!that’s why the political,economic and social life of our dear country can never be better. can you imagine this impostor would have one way or the other stayed @ synagogue pretending to be christian. and all that is in him is christian-political acrimony and rancor. May God save us

13. goigobiri

February 11, 2014 at 8:25 am

Man u must tell us d truth.

14. solex world

February 11, 2014 at 9:04 am

May God Have Mercy On You.. All Your Story Are Fake.. It Would Be Better For You Not To Judge The Prophet..! Its Better You Ask Of God Mercy.!

15. oteyi sunday

February 11, 2014 at 9:40 am

Na wa ooooo is that how this so called pastor TB joshua is I fear him no

16. christy chime anyagu

February 11, 2014 at 9:57 am

what kind of story is this dear pastor, pls stop this message of dis- honour you are tryiing to spread, what can you axchieve by this? nothing ok

17. Isiah matthew

February 11, 2014 at 10:29 am

If what u are saying is not true,I will advice you to ask God for forgiveness.& stop critiziting the Anointed Man of God.how much ‘ve you been paid for this lies?

18. Beddy

February 11, 2014 at 11:21 am

When you didn’t established your so-called church, the fake news about the Man of God T.B.Joshua intimacy with your wife didn’t come up. He has trained you finish, out of selfish intent, you decided to open your church, the only way to criticize him and gain more popularity is to say all this lies to him. You have bite the hands that fed you. Can a God fearing Man so claimed Pastor talks about Marketing a man of God? So, church according to your reasoning, is a business opportunity now. Well, am not in support of some certain things in that church but that doesn’t give me any right to judge anybody. So as for those who blackmail the Man of God, you better mind your own business and allow God to do his work.

19. Tellhimthetruth

February 11, 2014 at 2:09 pm

You will never smell his kind of blessing and annointing fool. Who do you think can buy you dirty story, it is better you go back to Daddy Prophet TB Joshua like a prodigal son and beg for forgiveness, thereafter complete your training and receive blessing n oil on your head from him before you think of opening a ministry. If not you don kpai like your fake story.

20. olatunji

February 11, 2014 at 2:21 pm

why all this unpalatable story.

21. ogunka peace

February 11, 2014 at 4:10 pm

We’ve to be wary of our responses to write-ups. Don’t be judge mental&sentimental too. Let’s us be logical&rational critics.
    Left for me,the only person to refute this malicious allegation is the prophet himself. Or his PA.

22. SOLA AFOLABI

February 11, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Its unbelivable, but if your story is true, leave everything to God, but if not its a bad thing to try to destroy a man of God.

23. ISAAC

February 11, 2014 at 8:57 pm

First of all I dont think if you actually attended any bible school as you claimed because you dont know the scripture. If you do,am sorry for you because vengeance is of the Lord because the sin He does not forgive is that against the Holy spirit. Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm says the Lord. You are doomed for ever you spirit of devourer.

• Neutral

March 1, 2015 at 12:02 am

So TB Joshua is your own holy spirit shey?
      You Nigerians won’t stop shoking me per comment.

24. nikolajohn

February 11, 2014 at 11:35 pm

IF ANY ONE IS THINKING RIGHT HE WILL PERCEIVE FROM THE SEQUENCE OF THIS MAN’S STORY THE EVIDENT INCOHERENCE…………I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT U ARE LYING. UR STORY IS NOT TRUE. MARK MY WORD IF TB JOSHUA IS A TRUE MAN OF GOD U WILL GO DOWN LIKE OTHERS WHO HAVE BEEN TRYING TO BRING HIM DOWN. BEGIN TO ASK 4 GOD’S MERCY

25. vicky

February 14, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Judge not so you wouldn’t be judged on the last day, the bible also say dat touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm, T.B joshua should be left with God

26. Lilian

March 16, 2014 at 11:28 am

All he said is truth go to Scoan all d ladies working with t.b j are over due for marriage when will they get married? Very soon God will expose more about him.

27. mum chi

April 8, 2014 at 10:24 pm

This story is as fake as the person who said it. What’s all this? How would one just wake up one beautiful morning and make up such a fake and stupid story? This world is turning into something else. God have mercy upon the narrator of this story.

28. Tanko

April 19, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Well, this is not a strang thing, floging is the miracle of our days pastors, keep on and flog well well bcs they dont know where to go

29. Ezzy Umunnakwe

May 27, 2014 at 5:23 pm

The evil that men do will live by them…………..

30. Godfirst best

May 31, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Fake story #Haters jealous pastor that’s what you are..ask God to forgive you cus I believe you while paid for this blackmail. Even Jesus it was pipo like u whom pesecute Him…#fact

31. Annette Nana

July 15, 2014 at 6:29 pm

God punish u severely 4 faking stories against de anointed man of God.Fake Pastor u will rote in hell.

32. chuks

August 26, 2014 at 9:53 pm

The bible says, in 2timothy 2vs15 “Study to show thy self approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth”. In Ephesians 4vs14 the bible say “That we henceforth be no more children,
    tossed to and fro, and carried about with
    every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men,
    and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in
    wait to deceive”. We Christians should ask for understanding from to study GOD’s word(the bible) to know the truth so that when a man of GOD, no matter how highly placed, is going contrary to the word of GOD and anybody that does things that are contrary to the word of GOD is not of GOD….

• Neutral

March 1, 2015 at 12:07 am

God bless you & your efficient brain.
      There are not many of your kind remaining in Nigeria. I’m honestly happy for you.

33. peace peace

September 13, 2014 at 12:33 pm

the truth is very bitter.thank god that finally someone can come up to say what these crooked and randy and antichrist these pastors are.ur wife has commited adultry if u can see clearly.so u can proceed with ur lattest, fruiful darln. Leave dat sinagwogwo .the true god wil never allow ur wife to part with u even for once.sorry u passed thru all these bcos u feel that god is now a pastor.some stil hv being blind folded u even realise ur own in time.

34. peace peace

September 13, 2014 at 12:57 pm

how can one(so called) man of god ask me to open my private part so dat they can put olive oil inside.for my deliverance.plz is that what christ thought.

35. Rose

September 17, 2014 at 8:33 pm

ONLY GOD KNOWS HIS TRUE WORSHIPERS

36. ani

September 26, 2014 at 10:41 am

U re a big fool for writting dis stupid story of yours!!!idiot

37. egboche

December 4, 2014 at 9:13 am

Shame to you,because you misbahave using the name pastor, you want to cover up with this fake story.infact you need deliverance at SCOAN.remove that pastor from your name with immediate effect.Go and carryout DNA,that child is not yours

38. Franca

January 2, 2015 at 12:40 pm

Tb joshua is a false prophet,if u believe in him I’m sorry for you. 1st ask yourself is it normal to sell gods anointing for #5000,is it normal to give special anointing to some people rather than everybody. This is what goes on at synagogue nobody gist me I went there and saw for myself. May God open peoples eyes

39. Oko Emmanuel

January 3, 2015 at 9:30 pm

Prophet T.B Joshua is a servant of God been send to pass the message of our Lord JESUS CHRIST. Why Should we Judge Him, it is only GOD that has the
    final Judgment not we. Prophet T.B Joshua is my Father in the Lord. I Love him so much

40. Kevin S

January 11, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Story!!!

41. eucharia

May 9, 2015 at 9:41 pm

I don’t believed you cos my mentor prophet TB Joshua is a man of GOD ,who portrays a good example for the whole world

News Feed

#EndSARS: Ekiti state government declares 24-hour curfew

Following the various attacks on #EndSARS protesters in the state, Governor Kayode Fayemi has imposed a 24-hour curfew on the state effective from 10pm on today, Tuesday, October 20.

In a statement released by the Secretary to the State Government, Biodun Oyebanji, the state government said the curfew became necessary following the state government’s observation of how the end SARS protest, which started as a peaceful protest against police brutality by youths in Ekiti State, has been hijacked by some hoodlums.

Read the statement below

1. The Government of Ekiti State has observed with growing concern how the ENDSARS protest, which started as a peaceful protest against police brutality by youths in Ekiti State, has been hijacked by some hoodlums.

2. The hoodlums have capitalised on the ENDSARS protest to rape, assault, rob and extort innocent citizens across the State. These are in addition to the wanton destruction of properties, particularly private properties.

3. Government is concerned that if this state of affairs is allowed to continue unabated, it will lead to a breakdown of law and order thereby threatening the wellbeing of the people of Ekiti State.

4. For the purpose of clarity Government continues to show understanding and responsiveness to the demands of the legitimate protesters.

5. On 16th October 2020, Dr. John Kayode Fayemi, Governor, Ekiti State met with the protesters in person. While identifying with the legitimacy of their protests, he assured them that the State Government will immediately put measures in place to respond to all their demands.

6. Government has since then constituted a Human Rights Investigation Panel to review all cases of abuse by Officers of the disbanded SARS. In addition, Government has enabled a Victims Compensation Fund to facilitate speedy remedial measures for victims of such abuse.

7. Furthermore, several officials of Government have engaged the protesters at multiple fora and platforms including the social media in order to ensure that concerns of protesters are properly identified and responded to in a prompt and efficient manner with necessary feedback.

8. Government had also at various times drawn the attention of the protesters to the troubling hijack of the protests by individuals whose only interest is to inflict violence on the people of the state.

9. In the past 48 hours there have been incidents of gang-rape, robberies, physical assaults on innocent people, looting and burning of a police station. These acts of brigandage are not in consonance with the legitimate aspirations of the protesters. It cannot be logical to seek to remedy impunity with impunity.

10. Government therefore cannot afford to watch a deliberate enthronement of anarchy by some bad elements who have hijacked the protest for some clandestine reasons.

11. Consequently, the Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi, hereby imposes a 24-hour curfew on all parts of the State starting from 10.00 pm tonight, Tuesday, October, 20, 2020.

12. Only essential workers and service providers with valid means of identifications are allowed to move around during the period of the curfew.

13. Any person found on the street that does not belong to this category, would be promptly arrested and prosecuted according to the laws of Ekiti State.

14. We seek the understanding of the good people of Ekiti State as we continue to take deliberate steps towards ensuring that peace and normalcy return to our state.”

News Feed

Davido speaks on the events of the past 48 hours

Davido speaks on the events of the past 48 hours

Nigerian superstar, Davido has said criminals are responsible for the attack on two Correctional Centres in Benin City, Edo State.

Davido made the claim while absolving End SARS protesters of involvement in the attacks.

The singer pointed out that no amount of mischief would stop the protest against police brutality and bad governance.

Davido made the remark while condemning the attack on two Correctional Centres in Benin City, Edo State.

The hoodlums had attacked the facilities and freed some inmates.

Reacting, the singer in a series of tweets wrote: “After seeing all that’s gone on today I just want to say that from the beginning we have preached that the protest must remain peaceful and Law Abiding and as far as I know we have kept to that! And we will continue to keep to that so the narrative can NOT be switched up on us!

“The people they claim broke into prisons to free convicted criminals, burn police stations to steal weapons, damage police, government, and private vehicles are Criminals and everybody must condemn these acts. They are not part of our movement !

“#EndSars is a peaceful and law abiding protest that is going somewhere great! And no mischief can scatter it!”

National News

Address Nigerians over #EndSARS protests – Senate urges Buhari

Address Nigerians over #EndSARS protests – Senate urges Buhari

The Nigerian Senate has called on President Buhari to urgently address the nation so as to douse the tension in the country.

This comes as hoodlums continue to carry out various attacks on #EndSARS protesters and others in some parts of the country.

The Senators made the call for President Buhari to speak to the Nation after a motion was moved by Senator Biodun Olujimi and co-sponsored by all Senators on the ongoing nationwide protests believed to have been hijacked by hoodlums.

Part of the resolution of the Senators after deliberation include:

-Urge all tiers of government to put in place and sustain policies of social economic reforms that raise the standard of lives of our people;

-Call upon the Police to operate strictly in accordance with the rules of engagement appropriate in a democratic environment;

-Urge the Inspector General of Police to ensure a holistic comprehensive reforms of the police to increase the overall welfare including training and medical insurance of all members of the Nigeria Police Force

-Appeal to all Nigerians to resort to use of legal institutions to resolve disputes and conflicts;

-Urge the Nigerian youths and the Nigerian citizens to approach the National Assembly Committees Constitution and Reforms in order to secure far-reaching holistic amendments that are vital to the restructuring of our federation

-Urge the Federal Government to faithfully and comprehensively implement all the five demands of the #EndSARS movement and protesters with necessary timelines to rekindle confidence in government

-Appeal to #EndSARS movement and protesters to kindly in the interest of everyone stop their actions and embrace genuine dialogue; 7. Urge Mr. President to address the nation as soon as possible on these issues.

-Police should make it a duty to accompany protesters and should be involved in protecting genuine protesters.