Connect with us

Metro News

29 Killed In Renewed Plateau Attack

Published

on

fulani-600x423

Plateau State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Chris Olakpe has confirmed a fresh attack in the state which allegedly claimed 29 lives.

Although the police commissioner did not give the number of those killed, he said the prompt intervention of security agencies contained the situation.

The attack which reportedly happened in two villages along the Barkin-Ladi Bokkos Road in the middle-belt state brings to 47 the number of people killed in different attacks in the state since Monday.

Although security agencies have not given any official figure of those killed in the latest attack, Mr. Mike Lipido of Stefanos Foundation, a non-governmental organization, said 29 deaths were recorded in the two villages.

The killings are believed to be a continuation of reprisal attacks between locals and Fulani herdsmen which have left scores dead in the last few weeks.

An eyewitness said some of the attackers barricaded the Barkin-Ladi–Bokkos highway attacking vehicles and travelers, adding that he sighted four corpses on the road.

Olakpe however said a committee made up of traditional rulers and the police had been put in place for intelligence gathering and to checkmate threat to peace in troubled parts of the state.

The Special Task Force (STF) in Plateau State, which was put in place to maintain peace in the state, however, could not give details of yesterday’s attack when newsmen contacted its media officer, Captain Salisu Mustapha.

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. customs

    February 23, 2014 at 2:14 pm

    THE NIGERIAN CUSTOMS RECRUITMENT FOR 2014/2015 IS ON FOR SSCE,ND,HND,BSC AND MSC HOLDERS CONTACT 08146190318

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending