STYLISH KING: Meet the Billionaire Oba Who Possesses $1M Wristwatch

The Olugbo of Ugboland in Ondo, billionaire and the Chairman of Obat Oil, Oba Obateru Akinruntan, has recently spoken of his love for the good things of life. He also narrated how he loves to be the first in acquiring such things.

The ruler has also referred to himself as a ‘stylish king’. Check out the abstracts of the interview with City People below:

oba_billionaire

“First and foremost I am very creative and secondly, I emulate the style of our forefathers, wearing royal beads as an old style.

“You know these days, if you want to become a popular and flamboyant king, you have to use diamonds. Diamond chains, diamond wrist watches, diamond shoes, diamond ring and my muffler is also made of diamond or gold.

“And that will make you unique among other Obas and that doesn’t make you proud.

I like to be the first in everything. I have the largest oil tank in West Arica today. Again my chain of cars, I use the same type of automobile with the Queen of England, Queen Elizabeth, we use the same Rolls Royce and Bentley. Asides that, I have 7 door limousine Mercedes, I want to be the first in everything.”

The Oba has also revealed some facts about his wristwatch collection:

“I also have a wrist watch that cost $1 million.

“Aside that I am a car freak and what I wear with the way I dress, my shoe, my royal diamond cap, wrist watches, diamond ring, and my diamond Mofila is the new thing I have added to it now.

“I do my shopping in London Jeweller, a special store for top ranking personalities of the world. I wear expensive wrist watches, shoes and chains all made of diamond”.

1. Balogun M. York

January 13, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Do u know the Oba very well ask him about his subjects, village and environs

2. Wale

January 13, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Instead of all this why not give to the less priviledge,poor,sickleds,beggars in your town

3. Wale

January 13, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Instead of all this why not give to the less priviledge,poor,sicklers,beggars in your town

4. Elijah

January 13, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Wat Shal it profit a man dat gain d whole world n losses his soul, to me i wil just advice him to invest his money on incorruptible tinz & on tinz which no thieves can steal, i.e tins of heaven 4get abt d wordly tins

5. fola

January 13, 2014 at 6:17 pm

vanity upon vanity. what has he done to improve d life of his subjects

6. jimi

January 13, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Every things u hav is not going wit u to heaven & can never giv u automatic entrance to paradise, vanity upon vanity.

7. francis

January 13, 2014 at 8:33 pm

My dear Oba,
    Am writing this from the deepest part of heart with tears in my eyes. I am aware that you worked hard to be where you are today. This is evident in your riches. God made that possible. Not you or any human. There are people in your town where you rule as the oba that do not have access to portable water, that dropped out of school, that the roof in their house is leaking, that do not have jobs. The oba you are today is only but by the special grace of the Almighty. Please can you look at the plight of these people, the poor ones. Can you take a visit to any hospital in your town and see what people are passing through. I strongly believe you have a good heart but the only problem here is that you don’t have time. But please In the name of the almighty help out. people will value you the more. You will even get richer!. yes by helping others you are getting favour from God directly or indirectly. Please kindly act on these.
    from one of your admirers, Francis.
    wrote from the UK.

8. Elizabeth

January 13, 2014 at 9:26 pm

D bible says thou shall not judge. If u were to be in his position you’ll do more than that. Saying someone is bad dosen’t make u a good person.

9. Carroll

January 13, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Vanity.

10. king ab

January 13, 2014 at 11:06 pm

It is nt too late my king to help ur community

11. Gee

January 13, 2014 at 11:41 pm

How many will he take to the grave, main while his subject a leaving in poverty! Rubbish..

12. james

January 14, 2014 at 12:08 am

Dose that make you a no 1 in haven?

13. matthew

January 14, 2014 at 2:44 am

Hello oba,good day to you sir and to the entire family,everything you said is fine,I no that you work for it to be successful,if you are going to read this comment please I need ur help by helping me my oba,finally please work hard for kingdom of heaven.

14. neville

January 14, 2014 at 6:29 am

i am not surprised since he is not a legitimate king of the ilajes but an usurper whoo is using his wealth and the influence of the state governor to sit on a throne his great grand dad neva even dreamt off. a king who cant enter into the town he is ruling over, is dat a king? a king who could not collect the staff of office in the town he is ruling over but had to do so in the state capital, is dat a king? what has he done to the comunity he is ruling ova, nothing expect to run convoys around like a president and buy wristwatches. nemesis will soon catch up with you and the blood of all those old women you burnt in there houses when you were trying to create fear in ugbo kingdom for the to acept u forcefully will soon ask u questions. rubbish

15. bolaji osimosu

January 14, 2014 at 10:30 am

am so dissapointed that oba can boast of all the things he wears and acquire while his subjects are living in abject poverty. its only in Nigeria u will ever hear such a stupid things. why were u made a king over people, is it not to rule well or to go there and acquire riches like Michael Jackson. if truly nu are trying to follow your ancestors is that how the acquire riches at the expenses if their subjects welfare. an PBA dresses as ve he is on fashion show. On I of Life is the overall of oba kingdom yet he doesn’t boast of his riches or do u think he did not acquire one. Erediauwa of Edo has money but never boast like u do. awujale of ijebuland has too, if I may say u need to sit down and read your speech before you speack and pls sack your PRO bcus he is not doing his job. ur job is to take care of your subjects not living big at their expenses.

16. Akeusola Qudus

January 14, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Oba Obateru Akinruntan…May you live long sir…am sure you have suffer before making all this so continue enjoying ur sweet life sir long life the king

17. Olaleye Oluseyi Martins

January 14, 2014 at 6:14 pm

The Oba is kind and generous to those who have encounter him along the way of life. I have no privilege of meeting him but My wife does, as a bedside nurse at an hospital in Ibadan. An old woman was admitted and My wife did her job very well not knowing the patient was the Oba ‘s mother in the late nineties when you had to question at the filling station for weeks. She w as handsomely rewarded with a pass to get petroleum at any Obat filling station, though we couldn’t use it because we had no automobile. I am a living testimony to the Oba’s largesse and kindness.
    Kabiyesi, Ade a pe l’ori, bata ape l’ese, igba odunodun kan in JJesus name. Amen.

18. Mazi Olabode

January 14, 2014 at 10:48 pm

It is very shameful that a traditional ruler could be this daft boasting of such fabulous wealth, earthly possesions of such values when MOST of his subjects; especially the youths wallowing in abject poverty, some are even committing suicide.

19. suleiman hussaini abubakar

January 14, 2014 at 11:37 pm

hmmm…. May god guide us oll ameen…..

20. ogunleye olugbenga

January 16, 2014 at 10:29 am

How will the ordinary citizens of his domain feel reading this. How did he make the money in the first place? That’s why he’s spending on vain things cos easy comes easy goes.

21. Joe

January 17, 2014 at 11:42 am

God punish poverty….Nice one oba!!!

Ronke Oshodi Oke Cries Uncontrollably As She Regrets Campaigning For Buhari

Ronke Oshodi Oke Cries Uncontrollably As She Regrets Campaigning For Buhari

Ronke Oshodi-Oke

A video circulating on social media captured the moment actress, Ronke Oshodi Oke wept bitterly for campaigning for the president of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari and Kwara state governor in 2015.

While speaking in her Yoruba dialect, the actress said she regrets her actions as she held herself responsible for the current state of the country.

The actress apologized for misleading her fans into voting for Buhari.

This comes after the president addressed the nation on Thursday.

Information Nigeria recalls the Buhari failed to speak on the violence unleashed on #EndSARS protesters at Lekki tollgate on Tuesday and this didn’t sit well with many Nigerians.

Read Also: “I Have Suffered, My Kids Must Not Suffer” – Small Doctor Reacts To Buhari’s Empty Broadcast

Watch the video below:

Omotola Apologizes For Her Insensitive Tweet About The Lekki Tollgate Shooting

Omotola Apologizes For Her Insensitive Tweet About The Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde

Popular Nigerian actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde has apologized for her insensitive remark about the Lekki Tollgate shooting.

Information Nigeria recalls the actress drew backlash after she warned people against sensationalising the unfortunate incident via Twitter.

The actress tweeted;

“If People died during the Lekki Toll Assault , let their people speak out please and if there were No deaths then enough with the sensationalization because it does not remove from the Crime that happened. PEACEFUL PROTESTERS WERE ATTACKED. WHY? BY WHOM ! #EndImpunityinNigeria.”

Nigerians slammed the actress over the tweet which she has now deleted.

Reacting to the backlash, the film star tendered an apology to those who were offended by her words and she also tried to make amends.

The actress mentioned that her tweet was “misunderstood” as she owned up to her mistake.

“I hope you know I don’t doubt people died ! I hope you understand that we need to collate these now and not continue with the I’m dissapointed I’m leaving talks. Get Angry again. We Can’t stop”, she added.

The mother of four also re-shared a video released by one of the eyewitness of the massacre, DJ Switch in which she recalled the tragic incident.

Taking to Instagram, Omotola posted a video released by a doctor at Doren hospital who said multiple victims of the Lekki shootings were brought in and one died from a gunshot wound to the heart.

Read Also: Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Under Fire For Asking If People Died In Lekki Massacre

See her posts below:

Actress Doris Ogala Calls Out Uche Elendu For Allegedly Lying That Her Store Was Looted

Doris Ogala and Uche Elendu

Nollywood stars, Doris Ogala and Uche Elendu

Drama as Nigerian actress, Doris Ogala has accused her colleague, Uche Elendu of lying to the public that her store was looted and vandalized by hoodlums.

Information Nigeria recalls Elendu took to her Instagram page on Wednesday, where she shared a couple of photos of the shop that was vandalized and ransacked.

Reacting to the post, Ogala called out her colleague and she advised her to speak the truth unless she would be exposed.

According to the actress, the shops do not belong to Elendu.

In her words;

This is not nice.. I know the owners of those shops.. this is pure deceit.. people should stop taking advantage of the situation.. ah ah.. we lost a lot of people.. kindly mention the shop owners.. if not I’ll repost and expose it..”

Read Also: “All My Hard Work And Investment Is Gone” –  Actress Uche Elendu Cries Out As Hoodlums Loot, Destroy Her Shop

See her post below: