Sun rays have long been associated with skin damage. From tanning, burns, darkening, wrinkles to even cancer, sun’s UV rays can prove to be really destructive. One such damage they cause to the skin is freckles. These are basically brown spots which appear on the face due to prolonged sun exposure. But, their appearance is visible only with age. However, this skin problem can be hereditary as well. Read on to know more about this skin problem and how can it be treated.
What are freckles?
Freckles are small brown spots that appear on the face or arms or on the sun-exposed parts of the body. They appear because of the cumulative UV rays exposure for a long period of time. However, they also occur genetically and can appear in children as well.
Are they dangerous?
Typically, appearance of freckles is perfectly normal, and not dangerous at all. However, if you notice a freckle changing in shape or size, then it is important to show it to your dermatologist. He or she will check for any possible skin malignancy (a tumor or a cancer).
How can you prevent them?
The only way to prevent freckles is to avoid getting out in the sun. Sun rays are the biggest cause of freckles, so you need to protect yourself from them. Avoid the sun between the 10 AM-3 PM. And, if at all you want to go out, cover exposed areas as much as possible and wear a sunblock cream. Look for a sunscreen with at least SPF 30+ with both UVA and UVB protection, and remember to apply it every four hours. Also, apply it at least 30 minutes before leaving your house, so that it has penetrated well.
How can you get rid of them?
Freckles are typically very resistant to treatment. But luckily, now there are many ways to manage them. A dermatologist will suggest you several treatments for your freckles. Take a look at a few of them:
1. Bleaching Creams
Bleaching creams containing compunds such as alpha-arbutin, hydroquinone, glycolic acid and tretinoin are somewhat effective in reducing the freckles. However, their effect is limited, so do not expect dramatic results from these simple creams!
2. Chemical Peels
Chemical peels use higher percentage of glycolic or lactic acid to get a better effect than bleaching creams for your freckles. They are typically done every ten days for around 6-10 sessions, depending on your skin. Dermatologists also recommend bleaching creams along with the peels for improved results. Side effects are usually limited to a little bit of redness. But, make sure you do not neglect your sunblock with these creams.
3. Laser Resurfacing
Laser resurfacing is highly effective for removing excess pigments, as they gently exfoliate the darkened skin layers. This method can remove your freckles quicker than traditional remedies.
4. Intense Pulsed Light
Intense Pulsed Light or IPL is a broad-spectrum light that gently targets the pigments or melanin in your skin without any side effects. You need around 10 sessions to get an optimal result. And, as an extra benefit, your skin will look rejuvenated, giving you a lovely natural glow.
5. Q-Switched Laser
The Q-switched laser is a newer modality that has been proven to selectively target melanin, causing specific destruction of only your freckles. Within 2-3 sessions, you can get your desired results. However, after this treatment, you may find some redness and crusting, but this usually resolves after a few days.
It is always advised to look for precautions before the problem actually occurs. And, remember do not step out of your house without using a sunblock!
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Politics13 hours ago
BREAKING: Senator Abbo Dumps PDP; Joins APC
- News Feed12 hours ago
Lai Mohammed reacts to second report on Lekki tollgate shooting
- National News16 hours ago
Family Of Slain Vendor Demands N500m Compensation From Gbajabiamila, Threatens Legal Action
- Entertainment13 hours ago
Socialite Pretty Mike And His 6 Pregnant Babymamas Make It To The Wendy Williams Show
- News Feed12 hours ago
Water tank driver accuses Duncan Mighty of assaulting him in Rivers
- News Feed12 hours ago
Offa Polytechnic Student Union Government Gives Merit Award To Cultist Groups
- Entertainment14 hours ago
“Know Who You’re Coming For” – BBNaija’s Cee-C Debunks Rumor That She Didn’t Pass Her Bar Exams
- National News13 hours ago
BREAKING: Court Fixes Date For Ndume’s Bail Application