FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
Subsea Services Nigeria
Technical Service Personnel prepare, support and troubleshoot the installation, testing, recovery, maintenance and repair of FMC oilfield equipment including, but not limited to: wellheads, risers, tensioners, control systems, subsea processing, trees, manifolds and tie in systems. Technical Services Personnel are on-site to coordinate, advise and interface with our customers and their contractors to ensure flawless execution of field installation and workover activities on FMC oilfield equipment.
– Works independently to install, test and repair new and reworked FMC products (equipment and tools), ensuring no rig lost time for our customers while controlling expenses and maintaining FMC owned assets. Handles customer complaints in a professional manner.
– Ensure all equipment, service tooling and spare parts are on location and ready to use by performing inventories and function-fit tasks prior to beginning each job. Records critical information such as dimensions, weights, temperatures, pressures and flow rates to ensure assembly/system will work per design and procedure requirements. Assists with the review of product testing, running and in some cases with assembly procedures.
– Completes tasks in accordance with procedures and applicable codes and/or standards.
– Provides “Project Support” as required, for all new projects which includes: assisting with project Factory Acceptance Tests and Systems Integration Testing.
– Prepares and completes Safety related documentation (Job Safety Analysis, incident, and other required reports) consistently for the purpose of heightened safety awareness and accident prevention.
– Understands and follows all FMC and customer safety requirements. Proactively pursues safe work practices and participates in safety training.
– Proactively pursues the attainment of new technical training and skills for the purpose of advancing and updating knowledge and competence.
Skills And Requirements
– B.Sc. in Engineering: Mechanical Engineer preferred for Hardware TSP and Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering preferred for Controls/Topsides TSP.
– Typically less than 6 months experience as field service technician with prior experience working in either hydraulics, electrical, mechanical or structural technical field or similar vocational training preferred.
– Requires basic knowledge of one or more of the following fields: Electrical, Subsea equipment, Hydraulic equipment, Mechanical equipment and tools.
– Ability to identify deviations from standards.
– Understands and efficiently uses basic computer hardware and software to perform tasks.
– Ability to read and understand drawings.
– Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
– Ability to use technical tools and instruments required to perform duties.
– Required to interpret job requirements and coordinate equipment needed.
– Basic written and verbal communication skills in English.
– Ability to receive, interpret, understand, and respond to verbal messages and other cues in a clear and concise manner.
– Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
– Ability to receive constructive feedback/coaching and respond appropriately.
– Ability to provide accurate information regarding routine questions and/or provide assistance in identifying additional resources for more complex issues.
– Capable of effective understanding and communication within diverse cultural environments is important