Give Your Career a Vertical Lift! At any given moment, on any given day, a CHC aircraft is in the air somewhere in the world. Whether we’re transporting the men and women who keep the world’s offshore oil and gas flowing, or taking an injured patient to safety, CHC sets the standard for safety, customer service, modern aircraft and efficiency. This is a billion-dollar business built on the foundation of a strong team spirit in our company and our greatest strength is our motivated and passionate employees. All you have to do is get on board.
CHC has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Maintenance for our Nigerian operations. This will be a resident position based in Port Harcourt.
They will be accountable for the management and coordination of all elements of maintenance activity within the Nigeria operation to ensure delivery of the required levels of technical performance to meet the operational needs whilst ensuring company safety and maintenance standards/procedures are adhered to throughout.
- Lead, coordinate and be accountable for Nigeria maintenance activity to ensure operational maintenance performance targets are met in the most efficient and cost effective way.
- Act as the focal point for all Nigeria maintenance operations by providing coordinated management of available resources.
- Hold and fulfill the functions of the nominated NCAA Director of Maintenance AOC post holder position.
- Provide an effective maintenance service to the Managing Director Nigeria to ensure maintenance expectations are managed, understood and delivered.
- Manage the Nigeria maintenance planning organization & liaise with Heli-One regarding joint planning procedures.
- Liaise with H1, CHC Technical Standards Group, Maintenance Support Centre (MSC), Fleet and other internal and external stakeholders as required to ensure all support solutions are effectively explored and delivered.
- Ensure the Nigerian operation is provisioned with suitably qualified maintenance personnel to meet the contracted flying requirements whilst constantly monitoring numbers to ensure the support solution is both efficient and suitable to ensure safe practices and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance of company maintenance processes and procedures.
- Ensure maintenance staff competency and training requirements are fully supported to meet both company needs and regulatory compliance.
- Where required, represent Nigeria senior management team at Union pay, dispute and other negotiations to foster a positive work-force/management relationship whilst ensuring clarity in company position.
- Actively develop and inspire the Nigeria maintenance team’s capability and effectiveness through support, communication, feedback and ensuring individual performance management.
- Ensure nominated deputies and effective succession plans are in place for key positions within area of responsibility
- Act as direct report for all Senior Base Engineers (SBEs) and other Nigeria staff under direct line of responsibility.
- Offer expert advice and briefings to Nigeria commercial elements and customers as required.
- Deputise for the Regional Maintenance Manager AEA as required.
- International travel may be required.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) license with airframe and powerplant ratings
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience at an appropriate management level within the aviation environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience maintaining medium or heavy multi-engine helicopters
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead maintenance teams within a difficult support environment
- Demonstrated experience of managing staff within a similar sized operational environment
- Comprehensive understanding of the operational key drivers and how they may relate to company performance
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with external organizations such as regulators, and key vendors
- Effective communicator, operationally driven, highly credible with strong interpersonal skills
- Broad knowledge of associated regulatory and national requirements commensurate with the role
- Strong planning, project management and organizational skills
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Willingness to live in Nigeria full time
Please apply ONLINE at www.chc.ca to be considered for this position. CHC is committed to equal opportunity employment and invites applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted. Sorry, no phone calls please!
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment21 hours ago
‘The People Who Don’t Know You Are The Ones Who Help You Succeed’ – Wathoni Ayansi
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Faithia Williams Condoles Iyabo Ojo Over Mother’s Death
- Entertainment21 hours ago
BBNaija’s Kaisha Signs Two New Endorsement Deals
- News Feed21 hours ago
Kidnapped APC Chairman Found Dead
- News Feed21 hours ago
Vee Reacts After She Was Mocked For Signing Endorsement Deal With Brand That Allegedly Sells Bleaching Cream
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘Focus On Physical Attraction, Then Character, When Choosing Life Partner’: Reno Omokri
- News Feed21 hours ago
I am not really happy in life — DJ Cuppy
- News Feed21 hours ago
I’ll choose you to be my husband over and over – Patience Jonathan tells her hubby, Goodluck