A lot of people say that they want their marriages to be better. But, I can tell that they don’t want it bad enough. I can tell that their heart isn’t in it. When your heart is in something, it is a central part of who you are. When your heart is in something, your feelings, your emotions, your time, and your money are all invested it.
When you have a heart for your marriage, you are going to be willing to invest all of who you are, from your time, to your money, to your emotions, towards making your marriage work.
If your heart is in your marriage, you will be able to answer yes to All of the 5 questions below
1. Are you willing to invest money into your marriage?
This past Sunday, the marriage ministry in our church announced that they are about to start a marriage seminar and the cost is $150 per couple. I could see some people squirming in their seats, because they don’t want to attend marriage events unless they are free or low cost. But what’s $150….one month of cable, 2 skipped dining out experiences, one or two less pairs of shoes this year? How much money are you willing to invest into making sure you have the tools that you need to make your marriage succeed?
If you are seriously strapped for cash, and just don’t have any extra money, then this does not apply to you. My point here is that people spend money on what they want to spend money on…and they “find” the cash to do a lot of things that they want to do. But when it comes to their marriage, they are not willing shell out the cash for the most critical investment of all.
2. Are you respectful to your spouse?
If you are harboring ill feelings and thoughts for your spouse, it’s going to be reflected in what you say. You can tell what’s in a person’s heart by what comes out of their mouth. I can tell if a person’s heart is in their marriage by just listening to them. Are they speaking ill of their spouse and/or marriage. Or better yet, are they speaking about their spouse at all.
3. Are you giving your spouse prime time?
Again, you can tell what’s in a person’s heart by how they’re spending their time. Your spouse deserves prime time/top billing and nothing less. Outside of your work and fulfilling your responsibilities, are you making your spouse and family a priority in your life?
4. Are you willing to sacrifice for your marriage?
One of the keys to a good marriage is being able to put your spouse’s needs before your own. You are not going to be able to get your way all of the time in your marriage. There are going to be times that you will have to sacrifice for the good of the marriage. And mostly, it’s going to be making the very small sacrifices on a daily basis like: what you want to watch on TV or what you want to eat for dinner that night…because you want to make your spouse happy.
But there are other times where you might have to make major sacrifices for the sake of your marriage. And that’s when you really find out if your heart is in it. Would you be willing to give up a job and move to another state for your spouse? What about giving up a friend or a family member that is not a good influence on your marriage?
5. Are you willing to go the extra mile for your marriage?
Sometimes, you are going to have to “go all out” for your marriage. If your marriage is in trouble, are you going to be willing to do whatever it takes to fix it? This means, if you try one thing and it does not work, then try something else. It means, if you have to humble yourself to rebuild trust, then you do it. It means if you have to put in extra work to support your family, then you do it.
When you characterize a person as having “heart,” it’s because that person is going all out. You would never say: “Wow…that person has heart,” about someone that is not putting their all into something. Do you have heart for your marriage?
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment8 hours ago
‘I Don’t Believe In Sleeping Around To Make Money’ – Actress Destiny Etiko
- Football12 hours ago
Diego Maradona: Biography And Facts (Video)
- News Feed23 hours ago
Man plays video game in the hospital while his wife is in labour
- News Feed23 hours ago
I have become restless, lost my appetite after mocking street hawker – Motara
- National News12 hours ago
Buhari Mourns As Boko Haram Kills Over 40 Farmers In Borno
- Entertainment2 hours ago
Singer Kcee Reacts As Toke Makinwa Picks Bone Straight Hair Over True Love
- News Feed23 hours ago
Don Jazzy reveals why he likes wearing big robes
- National News12 hours ago
Boko Haram Slaughters 43 Farmers In Borno, Destroys Rice Farms