Chances are, you had a plan and even some learned lessons about marriage long before you ever walked down the aisle. Chances are, you learned a lot of lessons about marriage when you were in pre-school.
Here are 10 lessons you probably learned in pre-school about marriage.
1. Have patience. You can’t always get what you want, whenever you want it. Sometimes you have to wait your turn. In marriage, your patience is strengthened because it’s no longer just about you. It can’t always be your way or the highway. Marriage will test your patience over and over again.
In marriage, you have to embrace imperfection. There will be plenty of messes along the way, but it can always be cleaned up when working together as a team.
2. You Don’t Have to Be Perfect. In pre-school, we learn that it’s ok to color outside of the lines, and that it’s okay to make a mess as long as we clean it up. In marriage, you have to embrace imperfection. There will be plenty of messes along the way, but it can always be cleaned up when working together as a team.
3. Be truthful. In pre-school, we are taught the importance of telling the truth. Lying can hurt other people. In marriage, being honest with each other is the only way to grow. Being truthful allows for a level of vulnerability that is key in any marriage.
4. Unconditional love is everything. In pre-school we are taught not to judge, and to love others even when they are being unlovable. In marriage, we learn the true meaning of unconditional love because we know we are in it for the long haul. We know that we love our spouse in spite of (fill in the blank)…
5. Understanding. In pre-school, we are taught to learn and understand that people are different and that’s okay. In marriage, we learn to understand and accept our differences with our spouse. Rather than trying to change the other person, we come to an understanding of why they are who they are…and then we embrace it.
6. Have fun. Life is all about having fun in pre-school. Every day is approached with new excitement and possibility. Having fun is a non-negotiable when it comes to marriage. You can’t take yourself too seriously. Marriage is an exciting adventure.
7. Be kind. In pre-school we are taught to be kind to others. Being mean is not acceptable behavior. The same holds true in marriage. Even during disagreements, being kind is a must. It is essential to also having mutual respect for each other.
The great thing about marriage is that we have a partner to share our challenges with. We just have to remember to ask them for help when we need it.
8. Have trust. Pre-school aged children have no doubt that their needs will be met. They don’t have a reason not to believe their parents when they say they’ll do something. Trust is an integral part of marriage. We have to learn to trust our spouse like our children trust us.
9. Ask for help. Pre-school children understand (for the most part) when they need help, and they ask for it when they are challenged. The great thing about marriage is that we have a partner to share our challenges with. We just have to remember to ask them for help when we need it.
10. Live in the present. Pre-school children live in the moment and are quick to forgive. They have no concept of past hurts or future anxiety. In marriage, we have to learn to forgive over and over again…like we’re back in pre-school. We can’t dwell on past hurts or mistakes. Instead, we have to enjoy the here and now.
‘I Tested Positive To HIV After Gang Raped By 3 Men – Chef Ayomide
Nigerian chef, Ayomide Idowu, who is also a male rape survivor, has taken to his Instagram page to tell his story.
The openly gay young man recalled how he was allegedly gang raped by 3 hoodlums at the age of 19 because of his sexuality and how he eventually contracted HIV.
Ayomide revealed his life never remained the same as he was also arrested and victimized by the police.
In his words;
“I could remember last 5years ago
What I pass through from 3 hoodlums
I was thoroughly beaten and gang-raped
All because I’m Gay…they took advantage of me
I was 19years old boy then, I suffered humiliation
Arbitrary arrest from police,inhuman degrading treatment,I lost my precious Home at the age of 19years..no parents no family…it really hurts to be an orphan….after I lost my virginity from the raped….having unprotected sex from those hoodlums I WAS TESTED POSITIVE….being positive my mood changed…I started my medication and think less…I stay away from smoking and alcohol…I eat Good fruits and vegetables…thanks to God I’m a testifier now
I’m undetectable my CD4 850 viral load 10
It really worth testimony 🙏🤦im looking healthy and stunning…being HIV positive is not the end of life…it reveals the other side of you…my aims of sharing my life threatening story as an orphan,so that people can learn from this…. 5years living positively”
See his post below:
Actress Osas Ighodaro Celebrates Her 30th Birthday With Emotional Post
Nigerian actress, Osas Ighodaro penned an emotional note via Instagram as she clocked 30-years-old on Monday.
To mark her birthday, the single mother of one posted a monochrome photo of herself as she wished for people to continue praying for those who lost their lives during these turbulent period.
“Thank God for another year. Happy Birthday to me. If you know me, you know I absolutely love birthdays but this year it certainly hits different. I’m overwhelming grateful for life and thankful to God to be able to see another birthday bc unfortunately many haven’t and won’t have that opportunity.
I am hopeful for better days for myself, those that I love and hold dear and most certainly for my country Nigeria. I pray for unity, peace, harmony and togetherness. We all deserve it.
My birthday wish is to please continue to pray for those innocent lives lost. Please remain hopeful and focused because I truly believe better days are soon ahead by God’s grace.
Peace, Love and Blessings.”
See her post below:
Exotic Resorts May Be the Best Bet for a Holiday
An exotic vacation usually means exploring a distant foreign country, whilst resorts are places
to go for rest, sport, or which offers a particular speciality, with many resorts being part of a
popular tourist destination or on or near a beach. If you are planning a vacation to an exotic
resort it can be a once-in-a-lifetime vacation to a far-flung destination or a luxurious place to
stay closer to home where you can enjoy some pampering.
Why stay at an exotic resort
Exotic resorts often offer all-inclusive vacation deals, along with other options that leave you
to plan your stay more precisely to your own wishes. These resorts offer excellent customer
service, superb accommodation and facilities and are usually to be found in beautiful settings.
Here are some of the best resorts from around the world for you to consider:
Four Seasons Resort, Seychelles
This famous resort has made many feel they have entered Paradise. The gentle ocean breeze
floats up the granite hillside and into your tree-house villa tucked away from the other guests
staying at the resort. This is perfect for encouraging you to relax, either by your private pool
or in the clear blue waters of Petite Anse Bay. Perfect for a romantic stay, there is a Spa for
pampering and the chance for a sunset meal on a deserted beach.
Some enjoy simply sitting on their balcony, gazing at the ocean between reading their book,
sketching or checking out international bookmakers and betting sites for the chance of a
flutter. If you want another type of adrenaline kick, check out the resorts excellent kayaking
and snorkelling facilities, which are recommended by nearly all who try it.
Anantara Resort, Hua Hin, Thailand
The ultimate tropical getaway, the Anantara Resort is an award-winning site modelled on a
traditional Thai village and is just three hours drive south of Bangkok. The location is where
Thai royalty and aristocrats have been holidaying for almost one-hundred years. Today, you
can visit historical attractions alongside theme parks and shops as well as vineyards and golf
The resort is set among 14 acres of lush tropical grounds with lotus-filled lagoons and
meandering pathways through exotic foliage, with many rooms overlooking the shoreline.
Each day, chefs prepare freshly caught local seafood alongside Thai specialities. The resort
also has an award-winning spa located within a lagoon-inspired oasis offering you the perfect
opportunity to relax.
Kurumba is a well-established resort that opened almost 50 years ago and continues to offer
superb hospitality and contemporary facilities. There are seven speciality restaurants offering
cuisine from Italy to the Middle East as well as Thila, a restaurant which extends out over the
water which offers gourmet breakfasts and seafood dinners.
You can go snorkelling over the nearby reef full of colourful marine life or sign up to a dive
package as part of your stay, or just enjoy a private pool when staying at one of the spacious
villages. There are also deluxe beachfront bungalows offering direct beach access and views
of the crystal-clear waters.
- Lifestyle11 hours ago
‘I Tested Positive To HIV After Gang Raped By 3 Men – Chef Ayomide
- Politics9 hours ago
Ganduje Reinstates Suspended Aide Who Attacked President Buhari
- Education9 hours ago
BREAKING: Public, Private Schools Can Reopen Monday – Lagos Govt
- Sports8 hours ago
The potential for iGaming in Nigeria uncovered
- National News3 hours ago
WTO: Trump Wrong For Rejecting Okonjo-Iweala – Fani-Kayode
- National News12 hours ago
Lekki Shootings: Why Families Of Victims Are Afraid To Speak Out —Falana
- News Feed19 hours ago
Why it is difficult for me to display my wife: TB Joshua
- Entertainment8 hours ago
Toke Makinwa Tests Positive For COVID-19; Shares Her Experience