If you think diamonds are a girl’s best friend, think again! Nothing is more cherished than a clear complexion and fresh skin. But sometimes problems such as pigmentation disorders can leave you with uneven and patchy skin. There are many treatments available in the market to tackle this problem. But, before you opt for any chemical treatments, let us tell you about simple remedies to get a salon-like fairness at home.
Causes of skin pigmentation:
Skin pigmentation is basically discolouration of skin that can lead to an uneven skin tone. There are varieties of causes behind skin pigmentation. Skin pigmentation can be genetic predisposition. Other causes for it can be over exposure to sun, stress, acne scars, fluctuating hormonal levels, or environmental elements such as pollution.
What you must do!
Avoid excessive sun exposure.
Apply a sunscreen every day, with minimum SPF of 30.
Reapply the sunscreen every three hours if you are out in the open.
Follow a strict night care regime and use a cream containing acids such as tretinoin or kojic.
10 Effective homemade remedies to get a glowing skin:
1. Mix some carrot pulp with multani mitti (fuller’s earth) to make a thick paste. Crush a vitamin C tablet and add it to the mixture. Apply it evenly on your face, keep it for twenty minutes before you wash it off. Repeat this every week.
2. Take 4 teaspoons of milk powder and mix it with hydrogen peroxide into a paste. Add glycerine and apply this mixture on the pigmented areas. Leave this for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with cold water. Hydrogen peroxide and glycerine are easily available at a local chemist shops.
3. Peel a potato and add a few drops of water on its surface, and then rub it on your skin to reduce pigmentation marks. Potato juice helps in lightening pigmentation marks on skin.
4. Mix powdered oatmeal and yoghurt with a few drops of lemon and tomato juice. Apply it on the affected areas once a week to see visible results.
5. Mix basil leaves and lemon juice together and apply it on the affected areas to treat the pigmentation marks.
6. Scrub your body with sugar mixed in olive oil. Scrub until the sugar melts completely. You can use this on your hands, legs, neck and other affected parts of your body.
7. Mix 1 teaspoon each of lemon juice, honey and almond oil. Massage your face with it for fifteen minutes to get a naturally glowing skin.
8. Adequate water intake helps to removes toxins from the body thus freeing you of all skin related problems.
9. Mix raw papaya with raw milk and massage it on your face for ten minutes. This mix is an effective cure for blemishes on face.
10. Washing your face with buttermilk helps in reducing dark spots.
Try these simple home remedies to tackle skin pigmentation related disorders. Regular skin care, a balanced and healthy diet, and a few skin care precautions on your part will help you to maintain a natural glow on your skin.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment21 hours ago
‘The People Who Don’t Know You Are The Ones Who Help You Succeed’ – Wathoni Ayansi
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Faithia Williams Condoles Iyabo Ojo Over Mother’s Death
- Entertainment21 hours ago
BBNaija’s Kaisha Signs Two New Endorsement Deals
- News Feed21 hours ago
Kidnapped APC Chairman Found Dead
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘Focus On Physical Attraction, Then Character, When Choosing Life Partner’: Reno Omokri
- News Feed21 hours ago
Vee Reacts After She Was Mocked For Signing Endorsement Deal With Brand That Allegedly Sells Bleaching Cream
- News Feed21 hours ago
I am not really happy in life — DJ Cuppy
- National News10 hours ago
NLC, TUC Stage Walk Out From Meeting With FG