As beautiful as getting married is, it can be one of the most stressful times for a bride-to-be. A well-known fact is that stress can induce hunger pangs. Relying on foods to beat stress is very common. These ‘comfort foods’ are tempting, but they can be one of the major reasons behind the unwanted calories that pile up right before the special day. You definitely don’t want added kilos and oily skin on your D-day. Here is how you can transform these sinful foods into something wonderful.
1. Pasta in red sauce
This delicious comfort food can be transformed into a healthy meal by replacing the white sauce with a tomato sauce, adding antioxidant packed veggies like broccoli, cauliflower greens, beetroot, laced with crunchy lettuce leaves. You can even grate some skimmed milk cottage cheese (paneer) to add to the yumminess! If you must have the white sauce, use skimmed milk along with grated paneer for the preparation. Pick whole wheat pasta to make it even healthier.
2. Fruit juices and skimmed milkshakes
Thick shakes from your regular cafes have enough sugar and calories to wake up a dead man. They do make you feel good, but the guilt that follows is something that you can’t give a miss. So here is what you can do- chop your favourite fresh fruit in chilled skimmed milk with some ice in the blender and voila! You have your healthy fruit shake ready! You can even top it with more chopped fruits. Another option is to go for unsweetened fresh fruit juices.
3. Dark chocolates
Chocolates are a woman’s best friends. Well, at least for most in times of stress and panic. But the commonly available sugary chocolates or milk chocolates, apart from their high ‘feel good’ quotient, also stack you with unwanted calories from concentrated carbs. Dark chocolates i.e. the ones with 70-80% cocoa and unsweetened chocolates are the best choice if you are a choco-lover.
The trans fats in commercially packed fried foods like chips and namkeen can take a major toll on your digestive system and skin. So instead, go for baked snacks, roasted papads or nuts like walnuts and almonds that are rich in healthy fats. You can credit these for the amazing glow that your skin and hair will flaunt on the special day.
5. Fruits and veggies
Rather than choosing ‘skin evils’ like salty, spicy, fried, trans fat loaded munchies, try to pick fresh fruits and vegetables. These are loaded with antioxidants that free your body of toxins. The fibre content in them also makes you feel full for a long time. The instant boost of energy, the healthy and fresh feel that they give is what will work wonders for you in this stressful period.
Some quick replacements and easy home choices are better than choosing commercially available foods. Also, remember that there is no substitute for regular physical activity. Aerobic exercises are known to relieve stress and improve blood circulation, thus working magic for your skin and hair. As a bride, what more can you ask for?
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment17 hours ago
Faithia Williams Condoles Iyabo Ojo Over Mother’s Death
- National News21 hours ago
NLC, TUC Stage Walk Out From Meeting With FG
- National News20 hours ago
CCB Invitation: Magu Can’t Access Assets’ Documents, Says Lawyer
- Entertainment18 hours ago
“It’s Different And Classy” – Cardi B Praises Erica’s Fashion Style
- News Feed16 hours ago
Iyabo Ojo Finds Out Her Mum Lied About Her Age (Video)
- Metro News20 hours ago
Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu
- National News20 hours ago
Saraki Reacts To Kidnap, Killing Of Worshippers In Zamfara Mosque
- National News20 hours ago
Recession: Nigeria’s Economy On Way To Recovery, Says Osinbajo’s Aide