Connect with us

Metro News

Tricycle Operators Demand N500m Compensation Over Killing Of Members At Apo

Published

on

apo-killings

The National Commercial Tricycle And Motorcycle Owners and Riders Association (NATCOMORAS) on Thursday gave the federal government 72 hours within which to pay N500 million compensation for the September 20, 2013 murder of eight of its members, who security agents said they suspected to be members of the outlawed Islamist sect Boko Haram.

The NATCOMORAS members were killed when security agents stormed an uncompleted building at Apo Legislature Quarters, in Abuja.

Spokesman of the association Yusuf Buba, stated this at a public hearing and investigative process being conducted by the National Human Rights Commission, (NHRC) in Abuja into the September 20 killings of NATCOMORAS members in Abuja.

The public hearing was chaired by the chairman of the NHRC governing board, Dr. Chidi Odinkalu and was assisted by the Executive Secretary of the commission, Prof. Bem Angwe.

Those present at the hearing included the representatives of the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF), the National Security Adviser (NSA), Chief of Defence Staff, Defence Headquarters, SSS, the lawyer to the owner of the property where the victims were killed and a nongovernmental organization (NGO), Global Rights.

The association, while rejecting any cover up of the crime against its members, demanded a public declaration that the victims of the killing were innocent and the unconditional release of its members who are still being held by security agents.

The association is further demanding the exposure of those responsible for the extra-judicial killings or its 100,000 members in Abuja and 10,000,000 members nationwide will embark on a national protest.

It would be recalled that the NHRC had summoned the relevant security organisations to appear before it at the public hearing.

The association said some of its members that were released by the SSS were asked to go back to their state of origin and never to talk to the press.

It said the security agents raided the residence of its members and left eight people dead and eleven others wounded, adding that two months after the incident, there was no report indicting any of the security agents.

Buba said when he was informed of the incident at about 5a.m. September 20 this year, he quickly went there and that on getting to the scene there were seven corpses lying in blood.

One of the residents, Gambo Idris, who testified in Hausa language, said that he had been living in the premises for over past two years and had to leave on the day of the incident after his colleagues were killed.

He said each person that lived there paid N200 to the gate man per night. He, however, denied ever seeing any of his colleagues with gun or knife.

He disclosed that people sleeping there included mechanics, taxi drivers, shoe makers and members of NATCOMORAS.

“There was no weapon on the premises. When the soldiers came and search, they found nothing.

“The shooting was done by men in black who were wearing mask, when we came outside we found army vehicle after the corpses had been removed,” he said.

Dr. Abubakar Ahmed, medical director, Asokoro Hospital also testified that there was commotion at the hospital as the two vehicles that brought the corpses were surrounded by relatives and people who insisted that any attempt to get the corpses into the mortuary would be met with consequences.

“The situation became threatening and we had to report the case to the Asokoro Police Station,” Ahmed said. [Thisday]

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. name

    December 21, 2013 at 4:53 am

    JOB OPPORTUNITY!!!!!!!!
    GLOBAL hospitality, a new company in LAGOS,Nigeria that is into manufacturing,advertising and providing services for various companies and individuals around the world need WORKERS in LAGOS urgently.
    SALARY status for EDUCATED PERSON-(Admin section-office assistants,front desk officers,receptionists,computer literates etc) 30,000 to 120,000 naira depending on degree and work know-how…
    SALARY status for UNEDUCATED PERSON (factory workers,cleaners,drivers,security *shifting*) 47,000 to 67,000.
    Bus is available for staffs…please call the relation service care representative on 07065050856 for company’s address,interview date and more details
    #workers wanting to work part-time should also apply
    *pls share with ur friends*

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Femi Otedola Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting

Published

on

Femi Otedola Finally Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Femi Otedola

Femi Otedola

Nigerian businessman, Femi Otedola has finally reacted to the shooting that took place at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos on Tuesday.

Information Nigeria recalls men dressed in military wears opened fire on unarmed #EndSARS protesters, who convened at the area.

Otedola took to his Instagram page on Sunday to commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives in the unfortunate incident.

Sharing a photo of the Nigerian flag, he wrote;

“The horrors that have been unfolding in our country have left me filled with sadness. I deeply commiserate with those who have lost their loved ones and as a father, I share the sentiment of my three daughters who protested in Lagos and London. As a young boy of 16, I participated in the ‘Ali Must Go Protest’ of 1978, so I understand the determination of our youths who rightly want our country to be better. We must all do our part to make Nigeria great! I will continue to do my own quota in providing for those who are most in need of support in our country in these tough times .…F.Ote💲”

Read Also: Femi Otedola Spotted Dancing With His Children (Video)

See his post below:

Otedola’s post

Otedola’s post

Continue Reading

Metro News

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” – Brother Claims

Published

on

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” - Brother Claims
Oke

Oke

Information Nigeria recalls a graphics designer identified as Oke, was killed hours after tweeting “Nigeria will not kill me” on Wednesday.

It was reported that the young man had passed away after he was hit by a stray bullet.

The deceased’s younger brother, Daniel has come out to clear the air regarding the circumstances leading to his death.

Daniel revealed his brother was stabbed on the neck by thugs who infiltrated and ransacked their home.

In his words;

Good day, My name is Obi-Enadhuze Daniel younger brother of the now deceased Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze @O_Okee . I, my brother and mother lived at makinde police barracks, mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.

Today at about 11 o’clock in the morning the police station at makinde was attacked by thugs who wanted to destroy the station, I my mom and brother were holed up in our house.

 The attack went on for hours before the thugs eventually breached the police and proceeded to set the station on fire, after accomplishing this they set their sights to the barracks and began the assault, they proceeded to destroy every car in the barracks, my mom’s 2 cars where destroyed and set on fire and then they infiltrated our house by breaking the door they then proceeded to ransack the house and carted away with everything we own. 

 my brother on trying to get them to take everything but spare us was pushed to my mom’s room and stabbed on the neck, the attacker then proceeded to attack me but missed my neck but got my chin instead, after this my mom and I carried my brothers body to the entrance of the station soliciting for help from the thugs still ravaging the barracks, we were finally able to put him in a wheelbarrow and took him to a hospital where he was rejected because “he was already dead” unfazed we moved him to another hospital where he met the same treatment this was where he bled his last drops of blood and died, his body has now been moved to a morgue

we have lost every single thing we own, as our house was completely ransacked and set on fire the only thing left is my brothers phone and at about 8 o’clock this evening the barracks was still on fire but Okechukwu has paid with the ultimate price

I and my mother are homeless with nothing now but we’re safe for now, we thank everyone that has been able to reach out to us, and were able to share consoling words with us in these trying times, God bless you

While we were holed up in the house the three of us said these words together and we say it again ” THREE OF US ARE HERE, THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER, THREE OF US ARE SAFE”

Let it be known that my brother @O_Okee  was NOT killed by a police bullet but died a hero protecting my mother and I.

If you see this please retweet, let the world know how Okechukwu died. He was NOT killed by a police bullet but thugs in his home!”

Read Also: RIP Oke: Barely 3hours After Tweeting “Nigeria Will Not End Me” #EndSARS Protester Dies From Gunshot

See his post below:

Continue Reading

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Published

on

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.

Continue Reading

Trending