Connect with us

Metro News

Pastor Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce Coupe To Mark Pastoral Anniversary, Spiritual Rebirth

Published

on

CREDITS: SUNDAY PUNCH

CREDITS: SUNDAY PUNCH

Controversial preacher and The Pastor of the Household of God Church International, Lagos, Chris Okotie, has added a Rolls Royce Coupe, the 2014 Bespoke Edition, to his fleet of automobiles to mark his 30 years as a born-again Christian and 27 years on the pulpit as a pastor.

According to a report by Sunday PUNCH, Okotie’s close aide, who made the disclosure, said the flamboyant pastor spent N120m on the luxury car and had earlier spent N33m on a Range Rover Autobiography to mark a milestone of his church.

The source, in a text message, said, “Pastor Okotie just bought a Rolls Royce Coupe, 2014 Bespoke Edition at N120m to mark his 30 years as a born-again Christian and 27 years as a pastor. He had earlier bought a Range Rover (Autobiography) 2014 Model for N33m, reputed to be the costliest SUV in the world to mark this ministry’s milestone”.

A handful of pastors or ‘Men of God’ as they are referred to in Nigeria are known to be wealthy and live a flamboyant lifestyle even amid the ravaging poverty in the land and among members of their congregation.

It remains to be seen how news of Okotie’s latest extravagant spending on the state of the art car will be received in a country where other well-established pastors are buying super-expensive toys – Private Jets.

Continue Reading
2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. eec

    December 22, 2013 at 3:40 pm

    MANY PROTESTANT RAN AWAY FRM CATHOLIC CHURCH IN 19TH CENTURY BECOS THE CHURCH REFUSED TO GRANT THEM THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE MONEY AND MARRY AS MANY WIVES AS POSSIBLE, USE AND DUMP THEM AT THER OWN TIME. THAT IS THE PROBLEM. EVEN THE PROTESTANTS OF THIS GENERATION DID NOT UNDERSTAND THIS AT ALL. SOMBODY WILL GRADUAT AFTER SERCHIN 4JOB 4 A LONG TIME ATTEND ONE SUNDAY SCHOOL JUMP UP ONE DAY AND ISSUE HIMSELF PASTOR AND BLIND PPL CONTINUE TO FOLLOW THEM SHEEPISHLY. NAWWAAOOO!!!!! PROTESTANTS….. I WONDER WT U PPL ARE PROTESTING FOR

  2. ikechi okereke

    February 24, 2014 at 4:09 pm

    Let all man do as they like. God cannot be mocked. Let it be known that without works of mercy no man will see God who is able to live in stupid luxury.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending