During an interview with Inspiration FM’s Gloria Maduka post surgery, veteran music producer OJB Jezreel addressed controversy surrounding his donations, said celebs used it as competition and calls out Dbanj. Here’s why he’s unhappy with D’banj. During his fund raiser many months back, there were rumours that D’banj gave his former music producer N7m, a report that D’banj didn’t deny. OJB says D’banj didn’t give him a dime and was upset that he didn’t try to set the record straight
“The most disappointing one for me is D’banj because he passed through my hands, he was trained under my tutelage. That is offensive. I don’t care if you’re with Kanye West, you can’t forget your root. I won’t call anybody else’s name but I will call his because it hurts. His own hurts very deep. And he never tried to reach out to me. It’s not like we parted on fighting terms. He told me he had to go to London and he went. And when he came back it was Don Jazzy, and I said OK, that’s fine. And what he did worked and I’m very proud of him, the love, that’s why it hurts more. He should have come out to say no, I don’t know why you people are saying all this, I didn’t give OJB N7million, maybe a part of him felt embarrassed because at the end of the day, really, are you not supposed to do something?” OJB says during the interview
He also talked about how people used his fund raiser as competition and once again addresses the bounced cheques. Continue….
“When P-Square gave me N5million cheque, everybody started treating as a competition. They were like, they brought N5m, I want to show that I can do more, or equal it. So they will come to my house, some will drop N2m, N1m, you say thank you, they take pictures and go away. Then you drop the cheque in your account and you see that almost N4/5million is being returned back to you that it didn’t clear. You call them and tell them and they tell you they are coming but they haven’t picked the cheques till now.
“The shocking ones are not even the bounced cheques. It’s the ones that when they are coming to meet you in the house to give you money, they come with a whole camera crew. Then they will say I’m donating one million naira to you and the cameras start recording and maybe the guy’s tape stops, and he says let’s take that again (Laughs).
“There were people in my dialysis that I gave N100k each to pay for their dialysis, we didn’t publicise it, we didn’t take photos with them, because I felt that was unnecessary.”
#EndSARS: Ekiti state government declares 24-hour curfew
Following the various attacks on #EndSARS protesters in the state, Governor Kayode Fayemi has imposed a 24-hour curfew on the state effective from 10pm on today, Tuesday, October 20.
In a statement released by the Secretary to the State Government, Biodun Oyebanji, the state government said the curfew became necessary following the state government’s observation of how the end SARS protest, which started as a peaceful protest against police brutality by youths in Ekiti State, has been hijacked by some hoodlums.
Read the statement below
1. The Government of Ekiti State has observed with growing concern how the ENDSARS protest, which started as a peaceful protest against police brutality by youths in Ekiti State, has been hijacked by some hoodlums.
2. The hoodlums have capitalised on the ENDSARS protest to rape, assault, rob and extort innocent citizens across the State. These are in addition to the wanton destruction of properties, particularly private properties.
3. Government is concerned that if this state of affairs is allowed to continue unabated, it will lead to a breakdown of law and order thereby threatening the wellbeing of the people of Ekiti State.
4. For the purpose of clarity Government continues to show understanding and responsiveness to the demands of the legitimate protesters.
5. On 16th October 2020, Dr. John Kayode Fayemi, Governor, Ekiti State met with the protesters in person. While identifying with the legitimacy of their protests, he assured them that the State Government will immediately put measures in place to respond to all their demands.
6. Government has since then constituted a Human Rights Investigation Panel to review all cases of abuse by Officers of the disbanded SARS. In addition, Government has enabled a Victims Compensation Fund to facilitate speedy remedial measures for victims of such abuse.
7. Furthermore, several officials of Government have engaged the protesters at multiple fora and platforms including the social media in order to ensure that concerns of protesters are properly identified and responded to in a prompt and efficient manner with necessary feedback.
8. Government had also at various times drawn the attention of the protesters to the troubling hijack of the protests by individuals whose only interest is to inflict violence on the people of the state.
9. In the past 48 hours there have been incidents of gang-rape, robberies, physical assaults on innocent people, looting and burning of a police station. These acts of brigandage are not in consonance with the legitimate aspirations of the protesters. It cannot be logical to seek to remedy impunity with impunity.
10. Government therefore cannot afford to watch a deliberate enthronement of anarchy by some bad elements who have hijacked the protest for some clandestine reasons.
11. Consequently, the Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi, hereby imposes a 24-hour curfew on all parts of the State starting from 10.00 pm tonight, Tuesday, October, 20, 2020.
12. Only essential workers and service providers with valid means of identifications are allowed to move around during the period of the curfew.
13. Any person found on the street that does not belong to this category, would be promptly arrested and prosecuted according to the laws of Ekiti State.
14. We seek the understanding of the good people of Ekiti State as we continue to take deliberate steps towards ensuring that peace and normalcy return to our state.”
Davido speaks on the events of the past 48 hours
Nigerian superstar, Davido has said criminals are responsible for the attack on two Correctional Centres in Benin City, Edo State.
Davido made the claim while absolving End SARS protesters of involvement in the attacks.
The singer pointed out that no amount of mischief would stop the protest against police brutality and bad governance.
Davido made the remark while condemning the attack on two Correctional Centres in Benin City, Edo State.
The hoodlums had attacked the facilities and freed some inmates.
Reacting, the singer in a series of tweets wrote: “After seeing all that’s gone on today I just want to say that from the beginning we have preached that the protest must remain peaceful and Law Abiding and as far as I know we have kept to that! And we will continue to keep to that so the narrative can NOT be switched up on us!
“The people they claim broke into prisons to free convicted criminals, burn police stations to steal weapons, damage police, government, and private vehicles are Criminals and everybody must condemn these acts. They are not part of our movement !
“#EndSars is a peaceful and law abiding protest that is going somewhere great! And no mischief can scatter it!”
Address Nigerians over #EndSARS protests – Senate urges Buhari
The Nigerian Senate has called on President Buhari to urgently address the nation so as to douse the tension in the country.
This comes as hoodlums continue to carry out various attacks on #EndSARS protesters and others in some parts of the country.
The Senators made the call for President Buhari to speak to the Nation after a motion was moved by Senator Biodun Olujimi and co-sponsored by all Senators on the ongoing nationwide protests believed to have been hijacked by hoodlums.
Part of the resolution of the Senators after deliberation include:
-Urge all tiers of government to put in place and sustain policies of social economic reforms that raise the standard of lives of our people;
-Call upon the Police to operate strictly in accordance with the rules of engagement appropriate in a democratic environment;
-Urge the Inspector General of Police to ensure a holistic comprehensive reforms of the police to increase the overall welfare including training and medical insurance of all members of the Nigeria Police Force
-Appeal to all Nigerians to resort to use of legal institutions to resolve disputes and conflicts;
-Urge the Nigerian youths and the Nigerian citizens to approach the National Assembly Committees Constitution and Reforms in order to secure far-reaching holistic amendments that are vital to the restructuring of our federation
-Urge the Federal Government to faithfully and comprehensively implement all the five demands of the #EndSARS movement and protesters with necessary timelines to rekindle confidence in government
-Appeal to #EndSARS movement and protesters to kindly in the interest of everyone stop their actions and embrace genuine dialogue; 7. Urge Mr. President to address the nation as soon as possible on these issues.
-Police should make it a duty to accompany protesters and should be involved in protecting genuine protesters.
- Entertainment17 hours ago
Regina Daniels Birthday: EVERYTHING You Need To Know
- Entertainment18 hours ago
‘My Landlady Chased Me Away And Started My Kind Of Business’ – Nkechi Blessing
- Politics21 hours ago
#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari
- News Feed20 hours ago
#EndSars: “I Was Paid N500 To Bring A Knife To The Protest Ground” – Man Confesses (VIDEO)
- National News17 hours ago
Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos
- News Feed18 hours ago
Pasuma Says He Was Not Chased Out Of #EndSARS Protest In Lagos (Video)
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Davido Celebrates His Son, Ifeanyi On His First Birthday
- Entertainment15 hours ago
#EndSARS: ‘It Hurts Knowing This Country Has Potential’ – Singer Tekno