Connect with us

News Feed

How Nigeria Army Engage Boko Haram Insurgents in Borno Village

Published

on

Nigeria security forces battled suspected Boko Haram fighters, at Alafa Village, a strategic town close to Bama, Borno State, on December 29, 2013, Sunday.

brig.-gen-chris-olukoladeThe operation took place in the same area, where an attack on a military barracks occurred about two weeks ago.

According to Thisday, the military engaged the insurgents who swarmed the village in large numbers with sophisticated weapons and armoury, including armoured personnel carriers (APC), mounted with anti-aircraft guns , after being dislodged from Bama and other towns in which they previously launched failed attacks.

A military source further revealed that the insurgents, who had some foreign assistance, were successfully repelled by the Nigerian military. The Army was supported from the air following the deployment of Alfa Air Force jets from Adamawa State.

“Those guys [insurgents] entered Alafa village Sunday morning, but were caught in a surprise military attack and air bombardment.

“The Boko Haram men, many of them came with APCs mounted with sophisticated anti-aircraft guns. However, Alfa jets from Adamawa arrived to support the ground forces.

“What we are witnessing now is that the terrorists have acquired more sophisticated weapons, as they are no longer using riffles but anti-aircraft guns.

“However, special forces have also been deployed from different parts of the country to Borno for some surgical and highly specialised operations,” the source said.

Maj.-Gen. Chris Olukolade, the Director of Defence Information (DDI), said that weekend’s battle was a part of the ongoing offensive against the insurgents who month had attacked some military locations including Bama Barracks and the Nigerian Air Force Base, Maiduguri within the last month.

“There was intensive fighting yesterday but initiated by our own forces in ground and air operations on the terrorist location spotted at Alafa about 21 kilometres from Bama. It is part of ongoing efforts in search of the terrorists as guided by intelligence.

“The operation was able to inflict vital heavy casualties on the insurgents in that location. Necessary air and land bombardments are continuing in similar locations,” Olukolade stated.

The DDI also confirmed that the mission in the North-East involves specially trained forces.

Maj.-Gen. Olukolade pointed out that the latest posting and redeployment of senior officers was meant to achieve the desired targets of operations in the North-East and other areas of the country that are facing internal insurrections.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

#EndSARS: People take time out to curse me in their prayers– Aisha Yesufu Reveals

Published

on

#EndSARS: People take time out to curse me in their prayers– Aisha Yesufu Reveals

Nigerian activist, Aisha Yesufu, has revealed that Muslims now take out time to curse her in their prayers.

Information Nigeria recalls that Yesufu lead #EndSARS campaign against police brutality and reforms.

 

The female activist disclosed this on her Twitter handle.

She wrote;

”Heard I am being cursed in mosques! People finish praying and take time out to curse me in their prayers I have asked they should please let me know how many of these curses they rained on me when I was making same demands during GEJ! We are all already cursed in Nigeria”

Continue Reading

News Feed

Hoodlums loot Ndoma-Egba house in Calabar, cart away his late father’s robes

Published

on

Hoodlums who destroyed and looted the residence of former leader of the Nigerian Senate, Victor Ndoma-Egba in Calabar reportedly carted away the Judge’s robes of the politicians’ father.

Reacting to the incidence, Ndoma-Egba appeared to the hoodlums to return the robes of his late father who was a judge.

 

Ben Ayade, governor of the state, had imposed a 24-hour curfew as part of measures to contain the situation but the mob broke loose.

In a statement, Ndoma-Egba narrated how he got intelligence on the attack but despite informing security agencies, “nothing was done to stop the attack”.

“At about 2 am (local time, as I was abroad) on Saturday 24th. October 2020 I received a text informing me that there were plans by arranged hoodlums to attack my residence in Calabar, that of Senator Gershom Bassey and a hotel owned by Senator John Owan Enor,” he said.

“I promptly forwarded the texts to Senators Bassey and Owan Enoh. I also called the security agencies in Calabar to apprise them of the information. Calabar from my information was already tense from the previous day’s break-in into warehouses storing COVID 19 palliatives and the subsequent breaching of shops and other businesses. The impending attack on Senators Bassey, Owan Enoh and I was already public knowledge as later that morning I got many calls to that effect.

“Thereafter I kept calling the security agencies by the hour when in spite of their assurances that they will secure my house there was no evidence of any security personnel in my vicinity. I understand, the times were indeed confounding for everybody.

“At about 2 pm the intruders broke into my house and looted it to the ground leaving only the bare floor. All the toilets, baths, pumps and indeed every imaginable fitting were removed as were items of furniture, clothing, a huge collection of mainly rare, out of print books, documents and historic photographs. They also removed all the windows, railings, family pictures and burglary proofs. Even my private chapel was not spared.

“They set the cars ablaze and parts of the building after more than four hours of interrupted operations in my house. It was methodical. Among the intruders were obviously electricians, plumbers, carpenters, motor mechanics, panel beaters and other tradesmen. Mercifully, no life was lost. I started building the house in 1991 and moved in in January, 2009.

“While not prejudging, and without prejudice to the work of the security agencies, I have forgiven the intruders, and pray fervently for them to find meaning, inner peace, and fulfilment in their lives. I only plead that they return my late father’s judges robes which they certainly would not be needed for anything and is surely incriminating.

“The destruction of my house was clearly premeditated, wanton and unjustifiable but I understand the anger in the land especially amongst our youths. However, if looting and burning my home will better their lives and bring positive change to our land, then it is a sacrifice my family and I gladly make.”

Ndoma-Egba said there is an urgent need to educate, motivate and engage the youth if they must be a blessing to the country.

Continue Reading

News Feed

Fan asks Kaisha to meet Erica for lessons on how to become a bad girl

Published

on

Fan asks Kaisha to meet Erica for lessons on how to become a bad girl

Nigerian entrepreneur Kaisha Umaru who shot to fame after she appeared on Big Brother Nigeria 2020 has replied a fan who advised her to meet Erica for lessons on how to become a bad girl.

Kaisha Umaru, the 25-year-old entrepreneur from Sokoto State had taken to Twitter to ask her fans how she can become a bad girl. The ex housemate stated that she needs lessons, and her fans suggested different ways for her.

However, a particular fan advised her to meet her fellow reality TV star, Erica Nlewedim who was disqualified from the last season of the Big Brother reality show.

“Ask Erica she’ll give you lessons on how to be a good and bad girl”, Kheeks wrote.

Check out Kaisha’s reaction below;

Continue Reading

Trending