Everyone I know wants to be happy and feel good, yet it’s impossible if what we think about most isn’t congruent with what we desire deep within. How often do you find yourself putting yourself down for simple mistakes you made or saying something derogatory to yourself when you look at yourself in a mirror?
Having ongoing, critical inner-dialog creates a clash between your mind and body. Your body is a mirror of your thoughts, feelings and emotions. When you think poorly about your life or your body it increases cravings for junk foods and instigates self-sabotaging behavior that keeps you from living as you long to be.
If you find that you are constantly putting yourself down, below are 10 simple ways to help you shift from contentious feelings within to having loving, positive feelings that help you become who you desire to be.
1. Express Self-Love: Each time you look in the mirror look into your eyes and say, “I love you.” Expressing your self-love is empowering. It opens your heart to believing in yourself more fully. Don’t worry if it doesn’t come naturally at first. Keep practicing and soon you’ll be able to say those three words to yourself, and mean them, too.
2. Forgive Yourself: Do you know anyone who hasn’t made a mistake or who doesn’t wish they made a better choice? I’ll answer that for you: no. Our mistakes help us learn what it is we want to be, do or have to help us expand our lives to become our magnificent selves. Do yourself a huge favor and forgive yourself here and now.
3. Smile and Laugh Often: The power of a smile goes a long, long way. It lifts your spirits, brings a sense of happiness to others around you and brings out your inner beauty, which glows radiantly from you. Be light hearted, don’t take life so seriously and laugh often. Spend time with loved ones who make you laugh out loud.
4. Have a Personal Motto: Mottos are a reminder to stay positive. Have a motto in the present tense that expresses your desired end result. Repeat your motto throughout the day and when you see evidence that your desires are coming to fruition always give thanks and relish in that which has manifested.
5. Make YOU a High Priority: Make you a high priority by caring for yourself as you deserve to be cared for. Treat yourself with the utmost respect and love. Show your body how much you care for it by nourishing it with wholesome foods and exercise regularly.
6. Wear Flattering Clothes: Dress for success! When you wear clothes that complement your figure and fit correctly it raises your self-confidence. Wear clothes that uplift your spirit, wear colors that bring out your skin tone and eyes. You can always see how people think of themselves by the way they dress.
7. Take Pride in Your Accomplishments: When you acknowledge your accomplishments—no matter how small—you are supporting your dreams and higher beliefs. Be sure to only share your exciting news with those who support and uplift you. Negative people will steal your enthusiasm for life, leaving you emotionally stressed out and will cause self-doubt.
8. Pamper Yourself with TLC: Make time to pamper yourself and take some serious R&R each day. Showing yourself tender, loving care makes you feel refreshed and results in more inner-peace, which keeps inner battles between your mind and body at bay. When you fail to put you first you fail to respect the larger part of you, which causes distress and unwanted feelings within.
9. Be Positive: You attract what you are, so if you want positive people around you then be positive. Let go of energy-sucking friends who drain your beautiful life-giving energy. Surround yourself with positive, uplifting family and friends who also have big dreams and love to share joy in life. Be the kind of friend you want to have. Choose to be positive and in turn your close friends will be more positive too.
10. Dream Big: Don’t be afraid to dream big dreams! Your mind is the key to expansion and enlightenment. If you remain unwilling to dream you will not live your truth and that’s not a fun way to live. Believing in your dreams opens the magic of imagination and creation.
Exotic Resorts May Be the Best Bet for a Holiday
An exotic vacation usually means exploring a distant foreign country, whilst resorts are places
to go for rest, sport, or which offers a particular speciality, with many resorts being part of a
popular tourist destination or on or near a beach. If you are planning a vacation to an exotic
resort it can be a once-in-a-lifetime vacation to a far-flung destination or a luxurious place to
stay closer to home where you can enjoy some pampering.
Why stay at an exotic resort
Exotic resorts often offer all-inclusive vacation deals, along with other options that leave you
to plan your stay more precisely to your own wishes. These resorts offer excellent customer
service, superb accommodation and facilities and are usually to be found in beautiful settings.
Here are some of the best resorts from around the world for you to consider:
Four Seasons Resort, Seychelles
This famous resort has made many feel they have entered Paradise. The gentle ocean breeze
floats up the granite hillside and into your tree-house villa tucked away from the other guests
staying at the resort. This is perfect for encouraging you to relax, either by your private pool
or in the clear blue waters of Petite Anse Bay. Perfect for a romantic stay, there is a Spa for
pampering and the chance for a sunset meal on a deserted beach.
Some enjoy simply sitting on their balcony, gazing at the ocean between reading their book,
sketching or checking out international bookmakers and betting sites for the chance of a
flutter. If you want another type of adrenaline kick, check out the resorts excellent kayaking
and snorkelling facilities, which are recommended by nearly all who try it.
Anantara Resort, Hua Hin, Thailand
The ultimate tropical getaway, the Anantara Resort is an award-winning site modelled on a
traditional Thai village and is just three hours drive south of Bangkok. The location is where
Thai royalty and aristocrats have been holidaying for almost one-hundred years. Today, you
can visit historical attractions alongside theme parks and shops as well as vineyards and golf
The resort is set among 14 acres of lush tropical grounds with lotus-filled lagoons and
meandering pathways through exotic foliage, with many rooms overlooking the shoreline.
Each day, chefs prepare freshly caught local seafood alongside Thai specialities. The resort
also has an award-winning spa located within a lagoon-inspired oasis offering you the perfect
opportunity to relax.
Kurumba is a well-established resort that opened almost 50 years ago and continues to offer
superb hospitality and contemporary facilities. There are seven speciality restaurants offering
cuisine from Italy to the Middle East as well as Thila, a restaurant which extends out over the
water which offers gourmet breakfasts and seafood dinners.
You can go snorkelling over the nearby reef full of colourful marine life or sign up to a dive
package as part of your stay, or just enjoy a private pool when staying at one of the spacious
villages. There are also deluxe beachfront bungalows offering direct beach access and views
of the crystal-clear waters.
Healthcare Workers To Receive Coca-Cola-Funded PPEs From Nigerian Red Cross
Since the outbreak of the Coronavirus disease in Nigeria, our healthcare workers have continued to lead the charge against the disease. As the number of recorded COVID-19 cases in Nigeria began to increase, these healthcare workers rose to the challenge and fought tirelessly to protect the lives of Nigerians impacted by the disease.
Considering the risks these healthcare workers face, there is a crucial need for adequate protective equipment for these brave frontline workers.
Coca-Cola is excited that over 400,000 Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) procured to support the intervention efforts of the Nigerian Government and other key stakeholders to fight the COVID 19 pandemic have arrived. We do believe that this will to provide succor to our healthcare workers on the frontlines
These PPEs comprise N95 respirators, surgical masks, examination gloves, face shields, medical gowns, no-touch thermometers, disposable aprons, heavy-duty rubber gloves, rubber boots, basic masks, disposable gloves, and hand sanitizers.
Since the first confirmed case of the disease in Nigeria reported in February, over 800 healthcare workers have contracted the disease. While Nigerians are encouraged to stay home where possible and practice social distancing, these healthcare workers are needed across the country in the continued fight against the disease.
This donation forms part of The Coca-Cola Foundation’s COVID-19 relief interventions in Nigeria. The Coca-Cola Foundation has provided $2.5m in grant to IFRC who seeks to directly impact the lives of 1.4 million people in Nigeria and across other countries in West and Central Africa under this partnership.
Taking Care of Tomorrow’s Leaders Today – The itel, Lagos Food Bank Example
Waking up to a special meal or choice gift is the best feeling ever. Hundreds of children in Mushin, mainland Lagos, had a filling taste of this feeling for the October 1 st celebrations. It’s an experience they will remember for a long time.
Being one of the most responsible corporate citizens around, celebrating Independence Day was always going to be on the radar for itel Mobile. To make this possible and memorable, the brand got to work in earnest. The focus of the work was picking the best way to commemorate the 60th independence anniversary of the most populous black nation on earth.
The efforts soon paid off through an impact-driven partnership with the Lagos Food Bank Initiative. With the arrangement, both partners considered a couple of activities capable of affecting communities positively and bringing smiles to people’s faces in Lagos. At the end of the exercise, taking care of children, the leaders of tomorrow, in the commercial city secured the highest votes.
With the decision, itel Mobile set about making this happen. Not surprisingly, the decision was
influenced by giving children the means to excel and prepare them for leadership and nation-building, for them to enjoy better life. For the good of their immediate family, community and the Nigerian society.
Idiko, Mushin, a suburb of mainland Lagos, was chosen as the benefiting community. And the partners strategically reached out to the beneficiaries, children and families, with gifts of love, care, happiness and support made possible by the itel Love Always On CSR initiative.
Over 1,000 families benefited from the gesture as well as 600 children, and each one of them received food packages to celebrate Nigeria’s 60 th Independence Day commemoration.
Speaking on the event and itel’s Love Always On CSR Initiative, Oke Umurhohwo, itel’s Marketing Manager said, ‘We wanted to mark this year’s Independence Day celebrations differently, and that is why we did something so momentous for our children. Children are the backbone of any longstanding community, and as such, we are proud to be able to give back and support them on their journey as leaders of tomorrow and for a better life.’
To meet the demands of the memorable event, 30 volunteers joined the customer-centric brand and the Lagos-based NGO to share smiles, and to convey just how important it is to love and take care of today’s children who will ultimately become leaders of tomorrow.
With the thoughtful activity, there are insights for everyone, from the government to citizens, on partnerships that are capable of making life better for children. Indeed, itel Mobile and the Lagos Food Bank Initiative have offered a great template on bringing this to reality.
- Politics23 hours ago
PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria
- Uncategorized23 hours ago
More Than 120,000 People Signed Petition For The UK Government To Sanction Buhari’s Government Over Human Right Abuse
- Uncategorized14 hours ago
Government official has a hand in the present situation of the country – Babangida
- Entertainment16 hours ago
‘We Will Never Forget Lekki Massacre’ – Rapper M.I. Abaga
- Uncategorized20 hours ago
UN Secretary General, Antonio Guterres Reacts To Police Brutality In Nigeria
- Metro News21 hours ago
Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)
- Metro News23 hours ago
#LekkiMassacre: Hoodlums Storm TVC Station In Lagos; Set Properties On Fire (Video)
- National News23 hours ago
They are still shooting at Lekki – DJ Switch