WorleyParsons – Has had a presence in Africa since the 1970’s when Parsons E&C established their offices in Cairo, Egypt. Since that time the company has continued to spread across the continent and in 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Ltd. Over the past five years, WorleyParsons has executed more than 100 projects in over 15 countries. In 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Ltd.
WorleyParsons is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Ref No: 37185
Location: Lagos, LA NG (Primary) Port-Harcourt, RI NG
- This position is responsible for developing strategic and operating plans to ensure the delivery of materials and supplies to contractors undertaking the construction of pipelines, brownfield modifications offshore and four well-head platforms in three fabrication yards located in various yards in Nigeria.
- The incumbent will develop and implement the supply chain strategy, to support the costs and schedule objectives of the Satellites Field Phase Two (SFD2) Project. This will include development of capabilities and supply chain initiatives to support the overall supply chain process over a multi-year horizon, with particular regard to enhancing Nigerian Content, including responsibility for supply chain processes, infrastructure and resources.
- Provision of regular reports to Project and Programme Management showing performance against metrics for cost, schedule, quality, HSE and any other metrics as may be required.
- The Supply Chain Manager (SFD2) will be a part of the project leadership team and report to the Project Manager, though functionally the reporting line is to the Contracts and Procurement Manager.
- Manage and ensure the correct, safe and quality execution of procurement to the value of USD X.XX million.
- Assures the supply chain is fully integrated with key stakeholder groups, including: engineering, QA/QC, Construction, HSES, Legal, Project Controls and Human Resources.
- Leads and fulfills the project supply chain requirements for purchase orders, sourcing coordination, expediting, logistics, supplier surveillance and warehousing.
- Develop the sourcing plan and schedule for the Satellites Field Phase 2 (SFD2) project, which has been designated a major project.
- Ensure that execution visibility is provided for the project and the sourcing organization
- Identify and resolve bottlenecks in sourcing
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the Project’s: Engineering Plan, QA/QC Plan, Construction Plan and HSE Plan.
- Establish and implement project purchasing strategies, policies, and procedures
- Ensure timely issue of Request for quotation and Purchase Orders Coordinate, monitor and expedite all support activities related to Sourcing’s on going deliverables on PO’s and subcontracts.
- Be responsible for supply line input to monthly reports
- Ensure timely issue, receipt and understanding of weekly supplier reports for assigned project(s) and ensure slippages and road blocks are detected, managed and reported.
- Responsible for managing diverse functional teams to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of supplies and materials to contractors in support of the Projects baseline cost and schedule objectives.
- Establishes appropriate policies including the “tailoring” of Corporate or Programme level policies and procedures.
- Analyzes performance using the appropriate tools and metrics and develops strategies to mitigate and / or improve deficiencies and / or performance.
- Assures accurate forecasts for material deliveries through the supply chain are produced and that supply availability targets are met with any delays being mitigated from both a costs and schedule perspective.
- Ensure timely expediting of suppliers.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure fulfillment of supply chain objectives.
- Collaborate with Engineering to source new and alternative raw material
- Collaborate with Engineering and Procurement to source new and alternative finished goods
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with all supporting functions
- Ensure that specific end-customer requirements are properly addressed with suppliers
- Support resolution of issues with any supplier invoices, grievances, claims, conflicts, product non-conformance or quality issues.
- Assess and give input to supplier evaluation forms and Risk Assessments.
- Manage priority sourcing.
- Evaluate all purchase orders to ensure that order quantities are the most cost effective possible for material and freight costs
- Assess project spare position
- Arrange supplier meetings with appropriate personnel to review and resolve any problems or issues as needed
- Communicate all pertinent issues and concerns regarding suppliers, raw materials, and finished goods to all appropriate supervisors, Managers, and Project Managers.
- Education: minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Logistics, business, engineering or a related field, however, a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Professional certification by a recognized body would be an asset and is preferred.
- Experience in setting up a new warehouse operations would be an asset.
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills are a requirement.
- Strong computer skills, strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Outgoing and articulate communication style. Great natural energy.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Personal qualities that include integrity, respect for diversity and the ability to inspire and motivate.
- Minimum of Fifteen (15) onshore and offshore years of supply chain experience in the oil and gas experience, with progressive supply chain knowledge and responsibility.
- Strategic development & planning experience would be an asset.
- Experience in management of personnel, including defining tasks, making work assignments and evaluating performance.
- Knowledge of international transport process for importation of product from Europe and Asia would be an asset.
Application Deadline: 19th November, 2013