Connect with us

News Feed

SCANDAL: Saraki Used Us And Forced To Resign Against Our Wishes – Kwara Chairmen, Councilors

Published

on

Coalition of Council Chairmen and Councillors in Kwara State, have alleged that former governor, Bukola Saraki unjustly, illegally and unconstitutionally forced them to resign from their respective positions.

bukola_sarakiNormally, the elected officials in the 16 Local Government Councils should be in office for a 3-year term as recognized by the law.

In this case, the tenure of the aggrieved persons should ordinarily lapse in November 26, 2013 as against 10th November, 2013, the date they were“forcefully” directed to resign en mass.

The group told the journalists that for reasons best known to Saraki, a serving Senator, his protege Governor, Fatai Ahmed and the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the state, they were all forced to resign to allow the incoming LG executives to take over.

They claim the following: “we were only handed with already prepared draft of resignation letter, with a strict instruction that we append our signatures or face the consequences.”

Leaders of the coalition in an SOS forwarded to the media and signed by Abdumumini Alege (ILORIN WEST), Ajeigbe Soliu (ASA), Semiu Otolorin (ASA) and Bashira Lawal (WEST) noted they were afraid to protest against the leaders at the Great Hall in Ilorin on Tuesday.

Explaining further, the officials said the dummy sold to them was that with the resignation, the payment of the last month salary (October) as well as severance package would be made easy.

Now the petitioners doubt payment of salary for November, which they would have been entitled to before the unilateral order was issued.

Bringing the formal complaint to the public, the petitioners believe they shouldn’t suffer the double jeopardy of losing their jobs and remunerations only because of the “evil orchestration of some few selfish individuals in our great party”.

The members of the coalition lament that Saraki treated them unjustly, which they consider a double standard. They are disappointed that they have been used and abandoned by the party leader so quickly.

Coalition of Council Chairmen and Councillors in Kwara State, have alleged that former governor, Bukola Saraki unjustly, illegally and unconstitutionally forced them to resign from their respective positions.

Normally, the elected officials in the 16 Local Government Councils should be in office for a 3-year term as recognized by the law.

In this case, the tenure of the aggrieved persons should ordinarily lapse in November 26, 2013 as against 10th November, 2013, the date they were“forcefully” directed to resign en mass.

The group told the journalists that for reasons best known to Saraki, a serving Senator, his protege Governor, Fatai Ahmed and the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the state, they were all forced to resign to allow the incoming LG executives to take over.

They claim the following: “we were only handed with already prepared draft of resignation letter, with a strict instruction that we append our signatures or face the consequences.”

Leaders of the coalition in an SOS forwarded to the media and signed by Abdumumini Alege (ILORIN WEST), Ajeigbe Soliu (ASA), Semiu Otolorin (ASA) and Bashira Lawal (WEST) noted they were afraid to protest against the leaders at the Great Hall in Ilorin on Tuesday.

Explaining further, the officials said the dummy sold to them was that with the resignation, the payment of the last month salary (October) as well as severance package would be made easy.

Now the petitioners doubt payment of salary for November, which they would have been entitled to before the unilateral order was issued.

Bringing the formal complaint to the public, the petitioners believe they shouldn’t suffer the double jeopardy of losing their jobs and remunerations only because of the “evil orchestration of some few selfish individuals in our great party”.

The members of the coalition lament that Saraki treated them unjustly, which they consider a double standard. They are disappointed that they have been used and abandoned by the party leader so quickly.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says “I’m Still The Jagaban”

Published

on

Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says “I’m Still The Jagaban”

 

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, former governor of Lagos State and National leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress on Saturday paid a courtesy visit to the governor of the state, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Tinubu, in his visit to the governor, stated that contrary to false news making the rounds, he did not travel to France, adding that he is still the Jagaban.

He also denied rumours that his son Seyi was kidnapped or chased out of his residence outside the country, emphasizing that nobody can chase him or his family out of Lagos.

The former governor’s visit comes after the infamous shooting of unarmed protesters in Lekki area of the state.

Watch video below;

Continue Reading

News Feed

Air Force Intervenes, Slams Policemen For Shooting At A Crowd (Video)

Published

on

Air Force Intervenes, Slams Policemen For Shooting At A Crowd (Video)

A viral video has captured moment soldiers of the Nigeria Air Force intervened and slammed some policemen for shooting at a crowd.

Air Force slammed Policemen

The incident which occurred at a yet to be identified venue showed some men of the Nigeria Air Force calling on officers of the Nigeria police to cease fire.

In the videos also, residents were seen running helter-skelter while soldiers used a megaphone to call for calm. “Stop shooting, the Air Force are here”, the soldiers could be heard screaming.

However, the policemen appeared reluctant in taking orders from the soldiers until one of them showed proof of his rank by pointing to the stars on his shoulder.

The soldier also warned that if they refuse to ceasefire, he would charge them and their headquarters for inciting violence.

The officer who spoke on behalf of the Air Force then commanded the policemen to move their van behind theirs so the Army would serve as a buffer between them and the crowd.

Watch videos below;

Continue Reading

News Feed

#EndSARS: Hoodlums vandalize Senator Gershom Bassey’s family house in Calabar

Published

on

#EndSARS: Hoodlums vandalize Senator Gershom Bassey’s family house in Calabar

Senator Gershom Bassey’s resident has been vandalized and looted by hoodlums rampaging the streets of Calabar.

Information Nigeria gathered that the hoodlums overpowered the security men attached to the property.

 

This is in spite of the  24 hours curfew declared in Cross River state.

Some of the buildings already vandalised include the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) office along Marian Road, Cross River State Transport Regulatory Agency (CRTRA) office and banks along Mayne Avenue and 8-Miles Calabar.

Federal institutions like the Ministry of Agriculture, Cross River Basin Authourity, and Federal Psychiatric Hospital were also vandalized.

Houses belonging to some politicians were not spared. Some of those affected include Senators Gershom Bassey and Victor Ndoma Egba. Bassey’s houses located at Mayne Avenue by White and the one at Asari Iso were looted and burnt.

Egba’s house located within the same Asari Iso axis was also vandalized.

To restore normalcy, military personnel have reportedly taken over major streets.

Continue Reading

Trending