Connect with us

News Feed

I’ll Never Return To Chime Again – Wife, Clara

Published

on

Mrs. ClaraChime on Monday left the Government House in Enugu claiming she had been under pressure to remain as wife of the Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime.

clara_chime

She said she would have walked away from the marriage during the period Chime was sick and was away for five months, but remained on “very compassionate grounds.”

Mrs. Chime said her thinking was that the sickness would change the governor’s ways towards her but that he got worse months after his return from cancer treatment abroad.

According to her, on many occasions she attempted to leave but her family members, for pecuniary reasons, insisted she stayed put.

She said even when it was apparent that Chime no longer wanted the marriage, her family would not let her go.

She disclosed this through the mobile phone of one of her male siblings, about four hours after she eventually packed out from the Governors’ Lodge on Monday.

The sibling declined revealing his identity, but stated that he was one of the few family members who supported Mrs. Chime’s agitation to quit the marriage.

He said if he revealed his identity, it could cause a stir between him and other family members with whom members of the Chime family were still holding meetings on the matter.

He claimed that Chime had long lost interest in the marriage but held forth because he (Chime) didn’t want his image stained.

“So there was no need joining other family members into forcing her to remain in a marriage that he (the governor) was no longer interested in,” said the source.

He said, “Governor Sullivan Chime just wanted to keep her within the lodge for fear that she could open up on certain things she knew about him if she was allowed to leave unceremoniously.”

When the source eventually brought Mrs. Chime on the phone to speak with our correspondent, she said, “I regained my freedom to move around on Saturday and I eventually forced my way out of that place (Government House) today (Monday).”

She said, “I am not the one who is sick, but I became sick because of the way I was treated. There are some things people would do to you that make you sick or even die.”

“After treating myself, I will never go back there again. I will not even wish my enemy to marry in that kind of place again.”

When contacted, the state Commissioner for Information, Mr. Chuks Ugwuoke, said he just returned from Lagos and was not aware.

“I have been away in Lagos and cannot speak on anything I don’t know of, especially when it is a family matter. I will call you as soon as I am briefed,” Ugwuoke said.

Meanwhile, a Lagos-based lawyer, Mr. Fred Agbaje, has called on the National Human Rights Commission to probe further into the issue between Chime and his wife.

Agbaje said in a statement on Monday that as personalities who lived on public fund, the citizenry deserved to know the truth about the situation and Clara’s true state of health.

He said both the governor and his wife might not have told the whole truth about the issue.

He said, “There must be an end to sinking lies. The Chimes of this world need another fatter lies to cover their present lies. The truth is that one Mrs Clara Chime is ill. To cover her public odium, she was cleverly and unconstitutionally detained by Chime.

“As for the NHRC, they need to do more research into the Chimes’ affairs and expose every unconstitutionalities, not the present contradictory conflicting charade coming out of the commission.”

Source: Punch Nigeria

Continue Reading
3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. eze

    November 12, 2013 at 2:34 pm

    You marry chime bcos of money,are you not age mate with chimes daughter.the gifte of devil does not last. T

  2. emmanalele

    November 12, 2013 at 7:29 pm

    I want to know if Clara is the 1st wife of Chime and if not who is? Secondly, it is important to find out and investigate further happenings in the Chime’s family as regards this issue and this should be made known tot he Nigerian public because Sullivan Chime’s pride today is on the people’s tax and not his personal funds. The people should be made to know what is happening.

  3. concerned man

    November 13, 2013 at 8:55 am

    Some of you wanting to know what happened, who it happened to, when it happened and why it happened have more terrible family problem than the Chimes’. Because a man is a governor does not mean he shouldn’t have privacy. THIS IS HIS FAMILY AND LET HIM HANDLE IT AS A FAMILY MAN. the woman lost out when she could no longer go down on her knee to call on the author of marriage (God). S/he that quits in the time of adversity his/her strength is little. when she was parading herself as the first lady with all the convoy, did she ever complain? when she was going out with an already married man, did she remembered that what goes around comes around. She is just a woman not a wife, cos a wife will go down on her knee and call upon God to change the heart of her husband. A wife will know what the Holy Book (Bible) said about marriage. A wife will know that though weeping may tarry for a while, but joy cometh in the morning….. I WISH HER WELL AS A DIVORCEE.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

Tinubu finally speaks on Lekki shooting, tells Buhari to find culprits

Published

on

Tinubu finally speaks on Lekki shooting, tells Buhari to find culprits

Former Governor of Lagos state and the All Progressives Congress (APC) Chieftain, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has commented on the Lekki toll gate shooting that left many dead and several others injured.

The Lagos politician who was interviewed via telephone by a Channels TV reporter, Olu Philips, shared his shock over the shooting and also revealed that he is ready to complain to the highest authorities.

Contrary to people’s predictions, Tinubu however denied ordering the shooting and also stated that he can only control his security guard. He again reiterated that he will never be part of any group that uses live ammunition against protesters.

Insisting that he has always been an activist, the APC Chieftain expressed sympathy for the victims of the incident and advised the federal government to “fish out whoever gave the order (for the shooting) and put them on trial”.

He then recalled how he was falsely accused of being behind #EndSARS protests. Tinubu who noted that he doesn’t believe that Buhari ordered the shooting, appealed for calm over the incident. He also denied having a stake in the Lekki toll gate or suffering a loss due to the continous blockage of the area by #EndSARS protesters.

He said,

“It is early hours of the morning, there’s no way I can talk to the authorities or wake them up now. I have tried to reach the NSA, I have tried to reach the head of the army.

“You don’t call the president at this hour, but I strongly condemn the act. There are other means of settling or dispersing protest. Why would they use live bullets? There are rubber bullets.

“I am not even sure yet they are Nigerian army, I am not sure how well the uniforms of the army are controlled. But that is not as critical as the bloodshed that has occurred.

“We have lost our sleep, we have lost our peace of mind, (and) we just have to deal with it.”

Continue Reading

News Feed

Buhari Will Come Up With Solutions In Few Hours -Major General Babagana Monguno

Published

on

Buhari Will Come Up With Solutions In Few Hours -Major General Babagana Monguno

It has been reported that the National Security, Major General Babagana Monguno (retd), on Thursday said the President Muhammadu Buhari, would come up with solutions to the ongoing violence erupting in parts of the country ”in the next few hours”.

Babagana Monguno Says Buhari Is Coming Up With Solutions

According to Punch, May Babagana did not disclose the solutions, he said they would communicate to parties concerned.

Mongunu revealed this in an interview with State House correspondents at the end of a meeting of the National Security presided over the President.

The NSA also did not disclose whether the President will announce the solutions through a national broadcast.

He said,

“The President himself, I have just left his office, is also going to deal with these issues in a specific manner apart from what has just taken place in council.

I believe in the next couple of hours, Mr President will come up with certain solutions that will be agreeable to the entire federation.”

Continue Reading

News Feed

Another Warehouse Loaded With COVID-19 Palliative Allegedly Uncovered In Lagos

Published

on

Another Warehouse Loaded With COVID-19 Palliative Allegedly Uncovered In Lagos

Lagos State residents have again uncovered another warehouse where COVID-19 palliatives are been stored.

The palliatives discovered on Thursday (today), October 22, were meant for residents of Festac-Okota but were secretly stored in the warehouse.

According to reports, at least four people have died at the warehouse due to the hundreds of people that gathered to cart away the food items which include rice, beans, yams, and others.

However, the individual or group of persons who stored up the food items believed to have been provisioned by the government to share for the masses to cushion the effect of COVID-19 are yet to be known as at the time this report is given.

The angry youths and some old-aged citizens in the area gain entrance into the warehouse with force and do away with food items of their choices.

See video below;

Continue Reading

Trending