American University of Nigeria (AUN) is the first private, American Style university in Nigeria. AUN opened its doors to its first class of students in the Fall 2005 semester. AUN has, within the past five years of its establishment, emerged as the country’s most preferred university.
Title: Facilities Electrical Engineer
Department: Facilities Management
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Oversees whom: N/A
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The AUN Electrical Engineer will be the lead Professional responsible for the supply of power to the University and its affiliate facilities. The Engineer will lead discussion, perform planning for power needs and distribution, oversee and/or execute designs, develop projects, and directly supervise execution, quality and standards, maintenance, trouble shooting, and repairs of electrical network.
DETAILED LISTING OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee, manage, maintain 11kv and 33 kv lines along with transformers and central power distribution facility (generators, switching station, transformers, synch panel, busbar, etc).
• Confer with engineers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
• Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical equipment, facilities, components, products and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purpose for AUN and affiliates.
• Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software.
• Direct and coordinate manufacturing construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes and customer requirements. Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications.
• Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standard.
• Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
• Supervise and train project team members as necessary.
• Investigate and test vendors and competitor’s products.
• Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily on time and within budget.
• Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
• Plan layout of electric power generating plants and distribution lines and stations.
• Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment and major repairs.
• Develop budgets, estimate labor, material, and construction costs.
• Compile data and write reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects
• Conduct field surveys and study maps, graphs, diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems.
ship with other colleagues and clients.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge – Keeping up-to date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Documenting/Recording Information – Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
• Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates – Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Communicating with Persons outside Organization – Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
• Trouble shooting – Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
• Reading Comprehension – Understand written sentence and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Equipment Selection – Determining the kind of tools and equipment need to do a job.
• Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Mathematics – Using mathematics to solve problems.
• Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Science – Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
• Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Written Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so other will understand.
• Engineering and Technology – Knowing of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Computers and Electronics – Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including application and programming.
• Telecommunication – Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
Requirements for the position:
• A Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar field from a recognized and reputable tertiary institution.
• Engineering registration / certification.
• Knowledge of applicable university policies and procedures.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
• Expert level competence with MS Office package and other relevant applications.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
• Ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, creates / implements actions plans and monitor progress towards goals.
• Attention to detail
• Capacity to develop positive Interpersonal relation
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- Entertainment16 hours ago
‘We Will Never Forget Lekki Massacre’ – Rapper M.I. Abaga
- Uncategorized15 hours ago
Government official has a hand in the present situation of the country – Babangida
- Uncategorized21 hours ago
UN Secretary General, Antonio Guterres Reacts To Police Brutality In Nigeria
- Metro News22 hours ago
Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)
- Metro News24 hours ago
#LekkiMassacre: Hoodlums Storm TVC Station In Lagos; Set Properties On Fire (Video)
- Entertainment24 hours ago
#EndSARS: “People Make The Country” – Cardi B Reacts To Protest Against Police Brutality In Nigeria
- Entertainment19 hours ago
BBNaija’s Vee Reacts To Lekki Shooting
- Uncategorized15 hours ago
Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Explodes Over #LekkiMassacre Of #EndSARS Protesters