Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies. It consists of the businesses of Upstream Americas, Upstream International, Downstream, and Projects & Technology. With approximately 87,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories, Shell is helping to meet the world’s growing demand for energy in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
1. Demonstrate a high commitment to Health Safety & Environment (HSE) and ensure that all well site activities are carried out in conformity with Shell’s Health, Safety, Environment & Security Policies and in accordance with Quality management principles.
2. Ensure that Completion activities are carried out in compliance with the company HSEMS and HSE policies/standards and with relevant systems & procedures for executing Completion activities
3. Manage and maintain well integrity for the asset by planning and executing routine well integrity maintenance in line with current approved group standards and procedures.
4. Ensure that all resultant corrective maintenance activities are carried out in line with company standards/procedures
5. Provide technical advice on process safety contingencies in completion operations.
6. Manage CWI workshop, including testing, maintenance and storage of Company equipment and materials
7. Manage the interface with Asset Development, Assets and Engineering Teams
8. Coordinate service contractors to ensure that high quality services are provided in accordance with their respective contracts.
9. Liaise with the Community Relation Officers to work out strategies with the host communities to minimise disruption of activities in Well completion operations
10. Manage the process of obtaining DPR approvals and other governmental permitting requirements.
11. Manage the progress of work on well completion & relates critical issues to the Team Leader for resolution and directives
12. Manage staff assigned to his/her team including the Completion Engineers/Supervisors
13. Direct the organisation of logistics/expedites materials and equipment
14. Manage the preparation of economic analysis for decision making in a problem well
15. Manage all contractor services to ensure that high quality services are provided in accordance with their respective contracts.
16. Drive the full implementation of the rDTL (revitalized Delivering the Limit) process during well completion program execution, thus optimising the operational and technical performance of Well Intervention and contractors under his/her custody
17. Promote rDTL (revitalized Delivering the Limit) working culture among the well site team to continuously improve historical performance year on year
18. Visit Well Intervention companies and contractors to discuss and source equipment and services related to the job
19. Promote inclusion of relevant new technology procedures and equipment in well completion activities
20. Provide feedback in the R&D trial and improvement loop of new technology
21. Monitor the HSE, operational, commercial & technical performance of the units and contractors under his/her control, measure the quality of the products and services and formulate routes for improvement
Desired Skills and Experience
1. A professional engineer in possession of a degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering or science discipline.
2. A minimum of 10 years experience in Well Intervention Engineering with 2 years as a Field Supervisor.
3. Good supervisory skills, with sound knowledge of well control techniques and well intervention operations practices
4. Good analytical, communication and writing skills, with PC fluency and familiarity with well intervention engineering software.
5. Proficient in English language, both in speech and in writing.
6. In possession of valid WIPC certificate.