The All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate in the November 16 governorship elections in Anambra State, Senator Chris Ngige has taken Governor Peter Obi to the cleaners on the development of the state since the inception of his administration.
Ngige had while speaking with journalists at the induction of new officers to the Army Officers’ Mess of 302 Artillery Regiment, Onitsha, claimed that Gov. Obi has achieved only seven percent out of the 100 percent blue print he left during his brief stint in office as governor.
Ngige, who was governor of the state from 2003-2006, said he was forced to contest the governorship election due to the poor development in the state, adding that he did 23 percent out of his blue print while Obi did only seven percent, making it a total of 30 percent and stressed that he will complete the remaining 70 percent if voted into office again.
“Each time I am confronted with this question by journalists of what I forgot in the government house, I always said that I forgot something, I forgot my blue print which I wanted to use to develop Anambra State. I forgot that blue print which has been abandoned on Governor Peter Obi’s table. I was able to do 23 percent from the blue print while Peter Obi did seven percent in eight years; that is why I am going back to implement the remaining 70 percent and develop the state. If other state governors are not interested in developing their states, I am in a hurry to develop Anambra State and bring it to the front burner of the world”.
Ngige, who represents Anambra Central in the Senate, challenged Governor Obi to come up with his performance report since he assumed office and berated him for flagrant abuse of the state’s resources by sharing the common wealth of the state to individuals for selfish political reasons.
But in a swift reply, Gov. Obi has accused Ngige of lacking the moral justification to judge his performance since he could not bring development to the state during his short period in office, adding that his administration has been able to bring the much desired development to the state.
Mr. Obi also accused the senator of trying to draw the state back to the dark days of violence and anarchy when government property and lives were lost, noting that what Anambra State needs is a continuation of progress in all sectors to consolidate on developments already achieved in the state by his administration.