Connect with us

Metro News

Mother Of Quadruplets Wants Your Assistance To Sustain Babies

Published

on

file: a set of quadruplets

file: a set of quadruplets

Mrs Alice Akor, a mother of five who delivered quadruplets about six months ago, on Thursday in Abuja appealed for help from government and well-meaning Nigerians.

Akor said she and her family had since April been battling to make ends meet and sustain the children, and would now really appreciate help from any quarters.

Akor gave birth to quadruplets on April 23, 2013 at the National Hospital in Abuja.

Akor, a National Diploma (ND) holder, said she had been finding things difficult since after the birth of her quadruplets, after struggling to pay the hospital bills of almost N700,000.

She said she was selling clothes before the babies’ arrival, but she has had to stop this due to the financial burden and physical demands of raising her children.

“It was when my pregnancy was five months old that I knew it was quadruplets. I had earlier thought it was only one baby because it kicked like one baby.

“But after I did a scan at the Daughters of Charity Hospital in Kubwa, they referred me to the National

Hospital where I started the ante-natal the following week.

“I was put on bed rest for six weeks before the Caesarean section on April 23, 2013,” the woman said.

Akor said her husband had to borrow money to offset the bills before she and the children were discharged from the hospital.

“I had no money to pay, and I slept there (in the hospital) for two days before they could discharge me. But, right now, I need Nigerians and the government to assist me,” she said.

Akor said she also has fears about the children’s future, saying she would love to give her children the best form of education.

“Training the children to higher institutions is my fear now, and I want to start to lay the foundation for a better future for them by bringing them up in the right ways,” she said.

Akor said feeding the children with milk formula costs her family not less than N15,000 every week but it had become difficult to continue.

She said caring for the children was also difficult because of the type of accommodation she and her husband had.

“Right now, my husband does not have any job, other than staying around to help me take care of the children, while I cannot do any work for now.

“So, I need Nigerians and the government to assist me,’’ Akor said.

Looking back at how she came about having the quadruplets, the mother of five said it was a divine gift she and her family could not refuse.

“Since I had a baby boy before, we (she and her husband) prayed for one more to make it two children for us.

“Our wish was to have two children, but when it turned out to be four, who are we to query God or reject the children?

“We just have to accept things as they are and find a way of sustaining them. But, in this, we will need the help of government and other Nigerians,’’ she said. [NAN]

Continue Reading
3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. Ikemeke

    October 25, 2013 at 7:36 am

    what a country is this? Public hospital bill as high as 700k for cs child birth and the could not draw govt attention to such a case like this? But a fellow citizen would go for a N200m worth of car.

  2. sassy diva

    October 25, 2013 at 8:34 am

    Worry not woman..4 d Lord dat gave u dis lovely kids will neva abandon u..it is well!

  3. kennedy

    October 25, 2013 at 11:32 am

    Novera ventures! Novera ventures! Novera ventures…….. Meet
    rich nigerian men and ladies for a relationship or keep them as
    your sex partner, change your financial status now by meeting
    a rich sugar daddy or mummy anywhere in nigeria……….contact
    mr ken on this number…………
    08160803755

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending