Connect with us

Metro News

If Not For Al-Mustapha, Abacha Would’ve Killed My Father In 1998 – Lar’s Daughter

Published

on

Hamza Al-MustaphaRep. Benny Lar, daughter of the late first executive governor of Plateau State and pioneer national chairman of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Solomon Lar, who died last week in the U.S, has recalled how Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, former Chief Security Officer to late Head of State, General Sani Abacha, saved her father from elimination on the orders of the military dictator in 1998.

Rep. Lar, who represents Langtang North and South Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, made this known when Major Al-Mustapha paid a condolence visit to the Lar’s family at their Abuja residence at the weekend.

According to the lawmaker, had it not been for the intervention of the former presidential security aide, her father would have been assassinated in 1998.

The Abacha regime was notorious for sending a special hit squad after known opponents of the government especially pro-democracy advocates and the late Chief Lar, who was a member of the G34 that had the likes of Dr Alex Ekwueme, the late Chief Bola Ige, among others, were in the forefront for the return of democracy to the country.

Rep. Lar said her father was marked for elimination after he took a letter written by the group to the late dark-goggle wearing dictator, demanding the exit of the military from the political scene and the unconditional release of all political detainees.

But the plot to assassinate the late elder statesman was leaked by Major Al-Mustapha, who was a kitchen-cabinet member of that regime thereby allowing him to escape unhurt.

In Rep. Lar’s words, “Baba spoke glowingly about you and he called me many years ago, telling me about you. I was in America during that period.

“I didn’t really know what was going on, but wanted me to know you and to meet you. He said any day and any time you meet that man, say a thank you to him for what he did for your father,” she said to Al-Mustapha.

Speaking earlier, Major Al-Mustapha, who had earlier embarked on an appreciation tour to the Gwagwalada Emirate, said he learned a lot of lessons from the late Chief  Lar, who he said was like a father to him.

-Nigerian Tribune

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending