Connect with us

Politics

I Did Not Request For Armoured Cars – Oduah

Published

on

stella-cars1The embattled Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah, who is currently enmeshed in a N255 million armored cars purchase scandal, has explained that she never requested for the said cars just as she blamed her media aide for misinforming the Nigerian public.

Ms Oduah, while fielding questions from the House of Representatives Committee on Aviation, admitted that though NCAA needs new operational vehicles, the armored cars were not meant for her use but for foreign dignitaries.

“Nothing in the stated documents mentioned my name. I did not request for any vehicles. All I did was to approve the purchase, subject to the agency doing the needful. NCAA followed due process as required by law.

“The Federal ministry of aviation under my watch has always ensured we act in a prudent manner and under the ambit of the law” Oduah defended.

She further explained that the cars purchased were included in the “needs” of the NCAA in its quarterly budgeting.

“It is not true, cannot be true that NCAA bought bullet proof vehicles for honourable minister of aviation. My understanding is that what NCAA has done is to plan for its vehicle needs for the next three years under the Medium Term Expenditure Framework”.

The minister also took a swipe at numerous online publications, saying their allegations were not substantiated but based on the “erroneous” comment of her aide – Joel Obi, who initially admitted that the cars were purchased for Ms Oduah’s use following clear and present threats to her life.

-Daily Trust

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. nat

    October 31, 2013 at 6:06 pm

    I think the hon minister of Aviation has said it all, i see no reason why she should be blamed for approving a need” necessary for the FAAN, & that so called aide of hers, with a misinterpretation & misconception of Stella’s perception, shuld hav his head examined, that is how the spread tales of woes for money.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021

Published

on

Ekiti Extends Curfew Indefinitely
Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021

Governor Fayemi

Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi has presented the proposed budget for the 2021 fiscal year in the State.

The Governor on Monday presented a budget estimate of over N109 billion for the 2021 fiscal year.

Governor Fayemi, while presenting the budget at the State House of Assembly complex yesterday in Ado-Ekiti described the 2021 budget as “Budget of Recovery and Economic Restoration.”

Also Read: #EndSARS Protests Politically Motivated – Kogi Governor

The budget has a recurrent expenditure of N57, 997,898,982.62k while the capital expenditure has N51, 668,386,739.99k.

Fayemi, said the budget proposal presented contains the policy thrust, programmes, and vision of his administration for 2021, saying efforts shall be made to source the needed resources to fund the budget.

Continue Reading

Politics

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over ‘Disappointing, Empty’ Speech – PDP

Published

on

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP
National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP

Muhammadu Buhari

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has blasted President Muhammadu Buhari over his nationwide broadcast over the ongoing #EndSARS protest rocking the country.

Recall that Buhari in his speech called for an end to the protest, adding that his government had already accepted and started implementing demands of the protesters.

He, however, failed to acknowledge the shooting of protesters by soldiers of the Nigerian Army at the Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Also Read: President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech – Full text

Reacting in a statement on Thursday night by its spokesperson, Kola Ologbodinyan, the PDP said Buhari’s address was depressing and failed empathy test.

The party appealed to Nigerians, particularly the youth, to remain calm and allow a return to normal life in the collective quest for peaceful co-existence in the overall interest of the nation.

Continue Reading

Politics

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

Published

on

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

PDP

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condemned the killing of peaceful #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos.

This was contained in a statement titled “EndSARS- Lekki Massacre,” signed by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, late on Tuesday.

Ologbodiyan said, “The Peoples Democratic Party, condemns in very strong terms, the killing of peaceful protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos as well as other parts of our country.

Also Read: Shehu Sani Condemns Shooting Of #EndSARS Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate

“It is shocking that security agents and, in some cases, thugs, were reportedly deployed to end the lives of promising Nigerians. This, to say the least, is saddening.

“Those responsible for the heinous murder of the innocent and harmless Nigerians must account for their nefarious acts.

“The PDP calls on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately direct an end to these wanton killings across our nation.

 

Continue Reading

Trending