Connect with us

Metro News

Al-Mustapha Vows To Resolve Kaduna/Plateau Border Disputes

Published

on

Hamza Al-MustaphaThe border clashes between Kaduna and Plateau States are unacceptable and must be addressed quickly, says the former Chief Security Officer to late General Sani Abacha, Major Hamza Al-Mustapha.

Al-Mustapha, who made this known weekend during a tour of Southern Kaduna communities, where he donated relief materials to victims of crises in Attakar Chiefdom in Kaura Local Government Area of Kaduna State, also vowed to play a reconciliatory role.

He pleaded with both communities on the need to eschew bitterness and forgive one another for peace to reign, warning that if something urgent is not done to end the crises now, the upcoming generation will grow in hate.

“The killings taking place in Southern Kaduna are unacceptable. Our parents have been leaving in peace. My mission here is a mission of peace and nothing else. The 2011 election the crises and border disputes between Kaduna and Plateau communities, from what we have gathered, are fanning crises in Southern Kaduna.  I will ensure that the Kaduna and Plateau border dispute is resolved. Even if it will take me to go to court, I will go to ensure that the boundary dispute which has led to the killing of many people is resolved if Kaduna and Plateau State governments do not address it,” Al-Mustapha said.

He added: “All those affected by crises will be invited to Abuja under my sponsorship for heart-to-heart discussions because what is happening in Southern Kaduna is worrying. Anything that affects you here in Kaduna that needs a solution from the Plateau State government, inform me and I will take the matter to them for prompt action.”

Al-Mustapha noted that all the delegates the community will be sending to Abuja for the peace meeting must be patient and sincere in their submissions.

He urged the people to sheathe their swords, saying “It is time to forget the past and shame the devil. The world needs peace”.

“Our children will grow to hate if these crises continue. There should be no crises; everyone should be treated equally. Please, anyone that has lost his loved one should forgive. Christians and Muslims should forgive one another”, he said.

-Daily Trust

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. wedding book reviews

    December 13, 2013 at 3:33 am

    Today, I went to the seashore with our kids. I identified a sea shell and gave that to my own 4 12 months old girl and said You are able to hear the actual ocean in the event you put this for your ear. She place the covering to the woman’s ear and also screamed. There had been a hermit crab inside and it pinched the woman’s ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off matter but I had created to notify someone!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending