Hosting a child’s birthday party can sometimes feel overwhelming. There’s so much to arrange that it can often feel like a huge production. It needn’t be stressful though, and there a few simple things you can do to ensure a fun and stress free event.
Stress-free Party Planning
1. Plan, plan, plan. About four weeks before the big day, start making plans. Write everything down and keep a checklist so that you can keep track of where everything’s at. It will help you see at a glance what is still left to be done so you can use your time more efficiently. Your planning doesn’t have to be complicated. Simply break the event down into the major components – invites and guest list, food, games, decorations, loot bags etc and then make a list of things to do for each component. Breaking it down like this will make the whole event seem much less overwhelming.
2. Date and time. There’s no right or wrong time, but the point is to find what will make it as relaxing and easy as possible for you. When selecting a date, it can be a good idea to check with some of the guests to see if they are free on the date you’ve chosen before you actually hand out any invites. That way you avoid any disappointment if your child’s best friend or favorite cousin can’t make it.
3. Make it a team effort. Enlist the help of family, friends and even the birthday child if they are old enough. Jobs like filling to loot bags, blowing up balloons, or even baking the cake can all be delegated out to family members or willing friends. It makes for a really fun event when everyone has been involved.
4. Games and entertainment. This can be one of the most stressful parts of the party. How to entertain all those kids? It doesn’t have to be complicated. Younger children require very little in the way of structured games and entertainment, especially preschoolers when they are in a group with other kids. They will be happy to run around and make their own fun. If you’re really worried they will be bored, simple things like bubble wands will be all they’ll need to get them partying. Older children’s entertainment needn’t be complicated. Something that lets them get creative always goes down well – why not pre-bake some cookies or cup cakes and let the kids decorate their own or hang a roll of paper across an outside wall or fence and let the kids paint a mural.
5. Make ahead. There are plenty of things you can do ahead of time so that you can relax and enjoy the party instead of running around sorting everything out. Filling the loot bags, hanging up the decorations, even baking the cake a week ahead and freezing it, these are all things that can be done ahead of time to make the big day so much more relaxing.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Politics5 hours ago
BREAKING: Senator Abbo Dumps PDP; Joins APC
- Politics24 hours ago
Umahi Sacks Tertiary Institution’s Boards Headed By Ex-Minister, Ambassador
- News Feed5 hours ago
Lai Mohammed reacts to second report on Lekki tollgate shooting
- News Feed21 hours ago
COVID-19 vaccine: US embassy celebrates Nigerian doctor Ogbuagu
- News Feed21 hours ago
BBC Names Aisha Yesufu As One Of 100 Most Influential Women In The World
- National News23 hours ago
Buhari Commissions Oil Refinery To Process 5,000 Barrels A Day
- National News8 hours ago
Family Of Slain Vendor Demands N500m Compensation From Gbajabiamila, Threatens Legal Action
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Socialite Pretty Mike And His 6 Pregnant Babymamas Make It To The Wendy Williams Show