TRAGIC: Teenager Burnt To Death In Lagos Fire

Tragedy struck, yesterday, as a teenager was burnt to death in a fire that engulfed a building in Ishawo area of Ikorodu, Lagos State.

The teenager’s parents and two other persons were said to have also been burnt in the fire, which started in the wee hours of the day.

It was gathered that the victims were being attended to at the emergency unit of an undisclosed hospital.

The cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained at press time, but it was gathered that it may have started from one of the rooms on 30, Femi Ogunyeye Street, while occupants of the six-room apartments were asleep.

An alarm raised by one of the occupants, who woke to ease himself, alerted others.

However, the female teenager and members of her families were reportedly choked by smoke, which hampered their attempt to escape.

Sympathisers were said to have dragged the teenager’s parents and two others out.

Their effort to rescue the teenager, said to be crying for help, failed as the fire had reportedly engulfed the entire building.

Men of the fire service, who arrived the scene, reportedly prevented the inferno from spreading to other buildings.

Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Mr. Rasaq Fedipe, confirmed the incident.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here