Connect with us

Politics

FEC: Jonathan Directs Prompt Completion Of Abandoned Constituency Projects Nationwide

Published

on

FECPresident Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday directed the Minister of Special Duties, Alhaji Tanimu Turaki, to ensure prompt completion of all abandoned constituency projects across the country.

Jonathan gave the directive at the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting he presided over at the State House, Abuja.

The Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, who briefed State House correspondents on the outcome of the meeting, said the council discussed the progress in the implementation of the projects.

He said the president reiterated the resolve of the administration to complete the projects for the benefits of the people at the grassroots.

Maku recalled that the president had directed the Minister of Special Duties to take over the supervision of all constituency projects to ensure efficient implementation and prompt completion.

“Constituency projects, you will recall are projects that are allocated mainly in constituencies of members of the National Assembly and such projects are mainly suggested by the National Assembly members, but of course implemented by the various MDAs.

“But, over the years, we have had difficulties in the implementation of these projects because of the turnover in the National Assembly.

“You find out that those projects started by legislators who were unable to return to the house or the Senate are often abandoned by those who succeed them.

“This had made it difficult for orderly execution and implementation of those projects. Another problem is due to project design and location of project.

“Sometimes, you will see a project that has to do with water supply located in the Ministry of Information or in a ministry that does not have the technical capacity to implement it.

“The president, therefore, decided to address it in fundamental way, through coordinating all the projects in one ministry under the supervision of the Ministry of Special Duties,’’ he said.

Turaki, who spoke in same vein, assured that in compliance with the directive of the president, his ministry would hit the ground running to ensure prompt execution of the projects.

He said that as at the last count, about N75 billion had been set aside for the implementation of constituency projects across the country. (NAN)

Politics

Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021

Published

on

Fayemi Orders Resumption Of All Workers In Ekiti
Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021

Governor Fayemi

Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi has presented the proposed budget for the 2021 fiscal year in the State.

The Governor on Monday presented a budget estimate of over N109 billion for the 2021 fiscal year.

Governor Fayemi, while presenting the budget at the State House of Assembly complex yesterday in Ado-Ekiti described the 2021 budget as “Budget of Recovery and Economic Restoration.”

Also Read: #EndSARS Protests Politically Motivated – Kogi Governor

The budget has a recurrent expenditure of N57, 997,898,982.62k while the capital expenditure has N51, 668,386,739.99k.

Fayemi, said the budget proposal presented contains the policy thrust, programmes, and vision of his administration for 2021, saying efforts shall be made to source the needed resources to fund the budget.

Continue Reading

Politics

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over ‘Disappointing, Empty’ Speech – PDP

Published

on

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP
National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP

Muhammadu Buhari

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has blasted President Muhammadu Buhari over his nationwide broadcast over the ongoing #EndSARS protest rocking the country.

Recall that Buhari in his speech called for an end to the protest, adding that his government had already accepted and started implementing demands of the protesters.

He, however, failed to acknowledge the shooting of protesters by soldiers of the Nigerian Army at the Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Also Read: President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech – Full text

Reacting in a statement on Thursday night by its spokesperson, Kola Ologbodinyan, the PDP said Buhari’s address was depressing and failed empathy test.

The party appealed to Nigerians, particularly the youth, to remain calm and allow a return to normal life in the collective quest for peaceful co-existence in the overall interest of the nation.

Continue Reading

Politics

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

Published

on

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

PDP

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condemned the killing of peaceful #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos.

This was contained in a statement titled “EndSARS- Lekki Massacre,” signed by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, late on Tuesday.

Ologbodiyan said, “The Peoples Democratic Party, condemns in very strong terms, the killing of peaceful protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos as well as other parts of our country.

Also Read: Shehu Sani Condemns Shooting Of #EndSARS Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate

“It is shocking that security agents and, in some cases, thugs, were reportedly deployed to end the lives of promising Nigerians. This, to say the least, is saddening.

“Those responsible for the heinous murder of the innocent and harmless Nigerians must account for their nefarious acts.

“The PDP calls on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately direct an end to these wanton killings across our nation.

 

Continue Reading

Trending