Connect with us

Politics

Farida Waziri Disclaims Letter Written To Obasanjo, Threatens To Sue

Published

on

Farida-WaziriFormer chairperson of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Farida Waziri has disowned a letter purportedly written by her pleading with former President Olusegun Obasanjo prevail on President Goodluck Jonathan to renew her tenure in office for a second term.

Mrs Waziri said the letter was a “total forgery” and threatened to seek legal redress against those responsible for the forgery.

“The letter is a total forgery. I had no such contact or communication with former President Obasanjo,” she said in response to an enquiry. “I might consider legal action against them because what they have done is criminal.”

In the letter dated June 24, 2011, and printed on a purported EFCC official headed paper, Mrs Waziri allegedly promised to bring former Ogun State governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel to book for his “atrocities” and “insult” to the former president which resulted in his daughter, Senator Iyabode Obasanjo losing her election to the Senate for a second term.

The sudden emergence of the letter followed on the heels of recent war of words between former President Obasanjo and Mrs Waziri over her credibility and performance during her tenure as head of the EFCC.

In separate interviews granted Zero Tolerance, a magazine published by the EFCC media unit, Mr. Obasanjo picked holes with Mrs Waziri’s appointment by questioning her competence for the anti-corruption top job.

He also stated that information at his disposal suggested that Mrs Waziri was head hunted by a former Delta State governor, James Ibori, who is currently in jail for corruption.

But Mrs Waziri denied the claims by the former president insisting that she was very qualified to head the anti-graft agency. She also threatened to expose Mr Obasanjo’s shady dealings.

The sender of the letter she allegedly wrote to Mr Obasanjo made it clear the note was in response to the threat to expose Mr Obasanjo.

Mrs Waziri disclaimed the content of the letter and accused a “corrupt US-based lawyer and a UK-based blogger” of collaborating to forge the letter and circulating it on the Internet.

See letter below

BUE5EdOCYAE0E5Q

Politics

Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021

Published

on

Fayemi Orders Resumption Of All Workers In Ekiti
Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021

Governor Fayemi

Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi has presented the proposed budget for the 2021 fiscal year in the State.

The Governor on Monday presented a budget estimate of over N109 billion for the 2021 fiscal year.

Governor Fayemi, while presenting the budget at the State House of Assembly complex yesterday in Ado-Ekiti described the 2021 budget as “Budget of Recovery and Economic Restoration.”

Also Read: #EndSARS Protests Politically Motivated – Kogi Governor

The budget has a recurrent expenditure of N57, 997,898,982.62k while the capital expenditure has N51, 668,386,739.99k.

Fayemi, said the budget proposal presented contains the policy thrust, programmes, and vision of his administration for 2021, saying efforts shall be made to source the needed resources to fund the budget.

Continue Reading

Politics

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over ‘Disappointing, Empty’ Speech – PDP

Published

on

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP
National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP

Muhammadu Buhari

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has blasted President Muhammadu Buhari over his nationwide broadcast over the ongoing #EndSARS protest rocking the country.

Recall that Buhari in his speech called for an end to the protest, adding that his government had already accepted and started implementing demands of the protesters.

He, however, failed to acknowledge the shooting of protesters by soldiers of the Nigerian Army at the Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Also Read: President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech – Full text

Reacting in a statement on Thursday night by its spokesperson, Kola Ologbodinyan, the PDP said Buhari’s address was depressing and failed empathy test.

The party appealed to Nigerians, particularly the youth, to remain calm and allow a return to normal life in the collective quest for peaceful co-existence in the overall interest of the nation.

Continue Reading

Politics

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

Published

on

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

PDP

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condemned the killing of peaceful #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos.

This was contained in a statement titled “EndSARS- Lekki Massacre,” signed by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, late on Tuesday.

Ologbodiyan said, “The Peoples Democratic Party, condemns in very strong terms, the killing of peaceful protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos as well as other parts of our country.

Also Read: Shehu Sani Condemns Shooting Of #EndSARS Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate

“It is shocking that security agents and, in some cases, thugs, were reportedly deployed to end the lives of promising Nigerians. This, to say the least, is saddening.

“Those responsible for the heinous murder of the innocent and harmless Nigerians must account for their nefarious acts.

“The PDP calls on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately direct an end to these wanton killings across our nation.

 

Continue Reading

Trending