Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Global Power Company is accepting online applications for the position of Engineering Manager – Power Projects located in Lagos, Nigeria through September 4, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Chevron Global Power actively participates in the development of Power Generation Projects across different Chevron business units. The Engineering Manager will be seconded into the Nigeria-Mid Africa business unit to lead the technical development of the AGURA IPP Project.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Manage the detail Engineering design for Power plant, Gas pipeline, Transmission line and substation expansion works
- Ensure the Project major equipment purchase orders are in line with the requirements in the Project Specifications
- implement all relevant VIP, Best practices and lessons learned
- Implement and lead the IIF culture development in the associated detailed design offices
- Work with external stakeholders (partners, regulatory agencies, etc) to ensure timely approvals of project documents, permits and licenses
- Work with Asset Management/Operation Assurance group to ensure integration of Operations Input into the detail design
- Manage the Cost and Schedule for the Engineering effort, plan actively to mitigate overruns
- Provide field engineering support to relevant teams during the construction and commissioning periods
- Provide active mentoring to Engineers on the projectRequired Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years of related engineering experience.
- Project Engineering Expertise – From conceptual design to detailed engineering and construction field engineering support
- FEED and detailed Engineering experience on gas and steam turbine based power generation equipment. General understanding of Power Generation Plants from a design and operating perspective.
- Demonstrated Project Management Knowledge (CPDEP)
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and consult project teams throughout Chevron Companies (PRC, ETC)
- Understanding of project development and execution processes.
- Ability to apply Business/Contractual concepts to problems and develop solutions
- Strong interpersonal relationship builder, communicator, and customer focused
- Experience of working on a Power Plant major capital project in the EPC execution phase
- Required experience supporting conceptual design of Power Generation Plants and working knowledge of tools and processes associated with project development.Preferred Qualifications:
- Understanding of Chevron EPC ContractsRelocation Options:
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will be considered.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- Entertainment10 hours ago
“Those Inmates In Benin Were Illegally Released By Authorities” – BBNaija’s Tacha Claims
- News Feed13 hours ago
Thugs set prisoners free after hijacking #EndSARS protest in Edo
- National News13 hours ago
BREAKING: Edo Government Declares 24-Hour Curfew
- Education16 hours ago
NECO Shifts Exam Over #EndSARS Protest
- Entertainment14 hours ago
‘Arrest Us Too’ – Genevieve Nnaji Reacts To Arrest Of Protesters In Kano
- Travel13 hours ago
Exotic Resorts May Be the Best Bet for a Holiday
- Trending16 hours ago
#EndSARS: FG Should Not Act As If People Trust Them – Seun Kuti
- Entertainment9 hours ago
#EndSARS: ‘We Want To Change Established Systems’ – Singer Bez