ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is the global body for professional accountants. We are a ‘not for profit’ organisation that offers qualifications and sets examinations to enable individuals to access the accountancy profession. ACCA monitors its accountants in all sectors and in all countries to enable them to reach a high level of competency and experience, creating the best accountants to deliver organisational growth.
Job Title: Education & Learning Manager
As our Education and Learning Manager you will be responsible for developing business and maintaining relationships with Universities and Approved Learning Providers (ALPs). Your main focus will be driving opportunities to develop and implement nation wide plans to grow the number of accredited universities which provide quality tuition. The role will require significant collaboration with universities’ leadership (Deans or Heads of faculties), ALPs, the ACCA Education Team based at central headquarters (CHQ) in London and Head of Education and Development for West Africa.
Key to your success will be the ability to ensure that ACCA’s growth in Nigeria is sustainable. To achieve this you will be accountable for developing ACCA’s reputation and position as a strong qualification of choice to enhance employability. This will be achieved by ensuring increasing brand awareness and recognition of ACCA in Nigeria through engagement with relevant stakeholders such as universities, polytechnics and learning providers to grow the number of ACCA students, and ultimately members, in the market.
This role will rely on your ability to partner with relevant stakeholders, providing advice and guidance to tuition providers wanting to start teaching the ACCA qualification and become ALPs.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Show an awareness of, and interest in, the changing environment of accountancy training and education worldwide
• A solid understanding of the education systems in Nigeria, ideally, within the University landscape
• Possess an innovative and imaginative approach to education and teaching methodologies and issues.
• Have proven experience and success in developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
• Experience of successfully operating in a B2B professional environment
• Have practical experience of managing projects, preferably within an educational or training environment.
• Be able to work under pressure, on own initiative and within agreed budgets
• Be able to demonstrate well developed written and verbal communication skills