The faction of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) led by Abubakar Baraje on Saturday faulted the judgment of an Abuja Federal High Court which a day earlier, directed the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, and the PDP to strike out Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola’s name from its records as national secretary of PDP and replace it with Professor Wale Oladipo.
In a statement signed by the faction’s national publicity secretary, Eze Chukwuemeka Eze, which described the judgement as shocking and a miscarriage of justice, the group claimed that Oyinlola was never served any notice of the court process before the judgement by Justice Abdul Kafarati in the suit filed by the Ogun State chapter of PDP against the former Osun State governor.
However, Oyinlola, who is the national secretary of the Baraje-led PDP, is still in court appealing the judgment that sacked him from office earlier this year.
The statement reads, “The Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje-led PDP wishes to condemn this obvious and glaring miscarriage of justice as the judgment was given in spite of the pendency of Prince Oyinlola’s suit over the subject matter at a superior court of competent jurisdiction – the Federal Court of Appeal Abuja.
“We wish to inform Nigerians that Prince Oyinlola was never served any court processes before the judgment was delivered.”
It stated further that “The judgment, unfortunately, dishonours the Court of Appeal and His Lordship’s pronouncement on the subject matter negates procedures outlined in the Constitution of the PDP for the emergence of the party’s National Secretary.
“We see the Judiciary as the last hope of the common man and a defender of the weak against the strong. We therefore wish to appeal to the Judiciary not to indulge itself in anything that may tend to give the contrary impression.
“We, meanwhile, appeal to our supporters and to all PDP members to remain calm as arrangements are being made to appeal this judgment and ensure that justice is done in this matter.”
PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria
This was contained in a statement titled “EndSARS- Lekki Massacre,” signed by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, late on Tuesday.
Ologbodiyan said, “The Peoples Democratic Party, condemns in very strong terms, the killing of peaceful protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos as well as other parts of our country.
“It is shocking that security agents and, in some cases, thugs, were reportedly deployed to end the lives of promising Nigerians. This, to say the least, is saddening.
“Those responsible for the heinous murder of the innocent and harmless Nigerians must account for their nefarious acts.
“The PDP calls on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately direct an end to these wanton killings across our nation.
#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari
He stated this during an interview with Africa Independent Television AIT on Monday night.
Bello called on his fellow state governors to tack charge in their respective states so as to prevent loss of lives and properties due to attacks by hoodlums.
He, however, warned Nigerian youths to resist the temptation of using the current situation in the country to seek an undemocratic change in leadership.
The Governor warned that those interested in the presidency must wait till 2023 and go through democratic processes.
He urged the protesting youths to leave the streets and embrace dialogue.
#EndSARS: Protesters Rain Curses On Me: Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina has revealed that he has been receiving curses from Nigerians through phone calls and text messages over a false report that he advised his principal to shun protesters.
Adesina stated in an article he wrote titled: “An Enemy of the People’ published on Thursday evening.
￼Adesina denied that he advised President Buhari for whatever reasons on the End SARS protesters, but said an online platform falsely accused him that he told Buhari to “ignore the protests and not give in to the demands of ‘Twitter warriors’.
He explained that his telephone numbers were posted on social media, thereby, making people reach out to him with curses.
- News Feed21 hours ago
Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet -Deceased’s Brother
- Entertainment19 hours ago
Actress Ada Ameh Breaks Down In Tears; Begs Government To Allow Her Bury Daughter (Video)
- News Feed21 hours ago
“They took all my years of hardwork” – Uche Elendu Laments Looting of Her Store by Hoodlums (photos)
- News Feed18 hours ago
“I don’t care about #EndSARS”- Edo state deputy governor’s son slams protesters
- National News21 hours ago
You’re a total idiot – 2Face and Blackface clash again
- News Feed21 hours ago
Lagos Deputy Governor, Obafemi Hamzat Clears The Air On Lekki Light Outage
- National News22 hours ago
SERAP Drags Buhari Government, Military To ICC Over Shooting Of #EndSARS Protesters
- National News20 hours ago
Lekki Toll Gate Shooting: Osinbajo Breaks Silence