Do you wince with pain every time you go for a run? Have your breasts been feeling a little saggy lately? Or does your neck hurt when you hit the treadmill? Well the solution to all these problems may lie in opting for a good sports bra! As surprising as it may sound, most women don’t realise the importance of good support while exercising. No wonder they complain of frequent aches and pains. Still having doubts about our claim? Then read on to find out the 4 mysterious powers of a sports bra!
1. Prevents sagging
Whether you are going for a high-on-energy aerobics session or just for a walk in the park, your breasts need good support. Breasts are a very fragile organ. Its natural support comes from Cooper’s ligament which is a connective tissue that helps maintain the shape and structure of your breasts. While exercising, the breasts tend to move a lot and Cooper’s ligament starts stretching, which can lead to sagging of breasts
2. What experts say: A study conducted by the University of Portsmouth proved that breasts can bounce as much as 21 cms while exercising.
What does a sports bra do: A sports bra restricts your breast movement and provides it with adequate support.
Be on the lookout for: While buying a sports bra, always ensure that your breasts are not spilling out of the cups as it can cause great discomfort.
3. Prevents neck and back strain
If you are a little heavy around your bust area, then there are high chances of you suffering from back and neck pain while exercising. Your back muscles have to work really hard to ensure that your breasts and your shoulders remain in place while exercising. But muscles are prone to wear and tear and eventually they do become weak, causing pain in your neck and back.
4. What experts say: A study by the University of Portsmouth found that around 50 per cent of women face breast pain while exercising.
What does a sports bra do: A sports bra distributes the weight evenly to your back and shoulders and helps your muscles keep them in place.
Be on the lookout for: An extremely tight sports bra can make things worse for you
5. Provides support
If you are into competitive sports or are planning to run a marathon for fun, then a sports bra is a must have for you. While running or maybe lifting something, your breasts tend to swing. They require some support to keep them in place.
What do the experts say: A study by the University of Portsmouth has revealed that swinging breasts increase the strain on your body and can cause decreased performance levels, sometimes even leading to injuries.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment16 hours ago
Faithia Williams Condoles Iyabo Ojo Over Mother’s Death
- National News21 hours ago
NLC, TUC Stage Walk Out From Meeting With FG
- National News19 hours ago
CCB Invitation: Magu Can’t Access Assets’ Documents, Says Lawyer
- Entertainment17 hours ago
“It’s Different And Classy” – Cardi B Praises Erica’s Fashion Style
- News Feed15 hours ago
Iyabo Ojo Finds Out Her Mum Lied About Her Age (Video)
- Metro News20 hours ago
Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu
- National News20 hours ago
Saraki Reacts To Kidnap, Killing Of Worshippers In Zamfara Mosque
- Entertainment12 hours ago
Cossy Orjiakor Replies Fans Who Criticized Her For Wearing A Racy Outfit While Preaching About God