Media24 Nigeria has an exciting opportunity for a talented and passionate Social Media Specialist for its Classifieds division. The Social Media Specialist will report to the Marketing Manager and will be responsible for all aspects of social media management and marketing.
• Create a strategic plan, outlining all social media activities throughout the year with a goal of reaching 20% of monthly unique visitors driven to the site from social media.
• Establish metrics in which to measure the success of all social media activities and implement these metrics across all social campaigns.
• For each activity, establish projections/goals in terms of expected response (Facebook fans, followers, unique visitors, etc.) and compare it to actual outcomes for each campaign.
• Establish and manage profiles on all of the more well-known sites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. These profiles should demonstrate active, professional use and be in line with overall social and marketing strategy.
• Monitor trends with current tools. Find out what people are using and how they are using them.
• Work with marketing manager to ensure all marketing campaigns, be it offline or online, contain a complimentary social element.
• Relationship development – maintaining existing accounts, interacting with “friends” and “followers” on these sites.
• Manage and respond to all questions, queries and concerns that come through the various social media channels and work in alignment with the customer support manager in terms of a united way of communicating with our customers.
Desired Skills & Experience
Skills and Competencies
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Technically savvy
• Excellent understanding of social media
• Openness to learning new tools
• First-rate writing skills
• Ability to contribute individually and participate in cross- functional teams
• Marketing skills
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Social Sciences or related field
• 2+ years experience in a similar role
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be part of this team, please forward a comprehensive CV listing relevant skills and experience for attention: Human Resources via email: [email protected] listing the job title in the subject line.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 06 September 2013
Should you not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.