Connect with us

Metro News

Security Forces In Adamawa Kill Two Notorious Boko Haram Field Commanders In Shoot-Out, Arrest Six

Published

on

Nigerian ArmyThe Nigerian Military Special Operation Unit, Mubi Battalion, Adamawa, on Tuesday said it killed two notorious Boko Haram commanders during a gunfire exchange.

Lt. Col. Beyidi Martins, the Commanding Officer, Operation, told newsmen in Mubi.

Martins said the unit was making a successful progress in containing the activities of the sect and other miscreants that terrorised the state.

“Two notorious Boko Haram field commanders, Abubakar Zakaria Ya’u and Muhammed Bama, declared wanted, had been killed by the special operation unit, Mubi,” Martins said.

He said the operation that led to the killing of the two commanders was successfully carried out following collective effort by the military, members of the State Security Service (SSS) and other security operatives.

Martins, who commended the support and cooperation given by the people of the area, said the activity of the sect was weakened in the state.

“On July 30, the unit received a call from some good Samaritans that there was an attack going on at a Mubi Bureau de Change, where some armed miscreants invaded the area.

“On arrival, the special operation unit personnel cordoned the area.  Sighting the army, the terrorists opened fire on them.

“And during the exchange, six suspects were arrested while four escaped with degree of injuries, and later, their corpses were found.”

He said during the operations, four Russian made AK47, 500 live ammunition, N3 million and 5.4 million CFA were recovered.

The commander said that the money would be returned to the owners.

He said the Federal Government had awarded contract for the building of Army barrack in Mubi as part of efforts to strengthen security operation in the area. (NAN)

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending