Cameron (NYSE:CAM) is a leading provider of flow equipment products, systems and services to worldwide oil, gas and process industries. Leveraging its global manufacturing, sales and service network, Cameron’s 11 operating divisions work with drilling contractors, oil & gas producers, pipeline operators, refiners and other process owners to control, direct, adjust, process, measure and compress pressures and flows.
The company generates annual bookings in excess of $8 billion with more than 24,000 employees at more than 250 locations around the world. Cameron is headquartered in Houston, Texas and derives approximately 2/3 of its business from outside the United States.
To provide quantity survey/cost control support to Erha North Phase 2 Project Management team with a view to reducing variation cost from 3rd party fabrication
- Responsible for cost monitoring and control, checking and certifying fabrication sub-contractor estimates change order and additional work estimates/costing;
- Strategizing and negotiating VORS and any cost adjustments; Preparation of final quantity settlement and generating cost report for project closed out.
- Through the life of the project, fabrication subcontractor will claim and file for additional cost for change in scope of work referencing provision of the contract. It will be the responsibility of successful QS to validate these claims using available tools within the contract to ensure the claims are valid and identifying on time where savings can be made to avoid such technically where possible.
- Support site manager and PMT for directing the day to day work including subcontract works to optimal complete scope of work in the most efficient and cost effective manner
- Manage the commercial and contractual risk aspects of outsourced project scope to meet overall project requirements including schedule, cost, and quality goals.
- Monitor fabrication subcontractor process and procedures to maximize Cameron’s opportunities to improve margin and reduce risk.
- Support commercial performance for the contract and sub contract scope including risk mitigation, change management and overall profitability.
- Effectively negotiate on behalf of Cameron and the Erha North Phase 2 Project during Vendor and/or Client commercial interactions.
- Ensure lessons learnt from other projects are implemented to avoid VORs from fabrication subcontractor. Ensure same a closed out and filed for implementation on future projects.
- Provide risk assessment and recommendations regarding complex contractual risk issues with fabrication sub-contractor with a view to mitigating same.
- Other duties as may be assigned during project execution
Other miscellaneous clerical duties as assigned by the project team, including but not limited to assisting Project Managers with reducing and where possible eliminating variation orders from fabrication subcontractor
Desired Skills & Experience
- Cost and Contract Management experience in Oil & Gas. Must have performed role as Contract Engineer, Quantity Surveyor, Cost Engineer and Estimator on various engineering & construction projects
- Experience in administration of international Contracts & Subcontracts during execution phase for Oil & Gas – for EPC & Subcontractor clients
- Cost Management capabilities on cost control & monitoring – managing all invoices, claims, variations, procedures and milestone progress.
- Familiar with International Method of Measurements and have understanding on tendering & procurement procedures for projects in Africa
- Strong command in verbal and written communication both technical and non-technical. Innate ability to identify potential problems and propose a solution as well as a quality and safety conscious individual.
- Degree in relevant Engineering discipline
- Professional qualification in quantity surveying and or cost control will be added advantage
- Computer use and versatility
- Use of planning and cost control software will be added advantage
Critical Competencies: Indicate the key competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities) the jobholder would be expected to demonstrate for optimum performance in the position.
Company Competencies; Position Competencies
° Project Cost Control
° Detailed Estimating and Costing
° Cost Reporting / Cost Management
° Claims Review and dispositioning
° Measuring and Evaluating Contractor Performance
° Cost Estimating
° Contract Administration
° Contract and Tender strategies
° Contracts Engineering
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment21 hours ago
South African Rapper, Cassper Nyovest Lauds Wizkid’s ‘Made In Lagos’ Album
- Entertainment15 hours ago
‘How Can You Be Angry That Someone Is Happy’ – Singer Davido Blows Hot
- Entertainment17 hours ago
Wizkid Calls Out British Rapper, Tinie Tempah And His Manager Over Unpaid Debts
- Entertainment21 hours ago
Singer Jennifer Lopez Goes Nude On New Cover Art
- Entertainment21 hours ago
Davido’s ‘The Best’ Featuring Mayorkun Hits 10M Streams In Its First Week
- National News19 hours ago
We Deliberately Shut Down Refineries – NNPC GMD
- Entertainment21 hours ago
‘I’m Rooting For Burna Boy To Win The Grammys’, Says Tiwa Savage
- Entertainment20 hours ago
Laycon Becomes Most Followed BBNaija Winner On Instagram; Hits 2.5M Followers