Connect with us

News Feed

Ogun To Relocate Kara Market

Published

on

In its bid to relocate cattle dealers at the Kara market along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway to a suitable place, a team of Ogun State officials, led by the state Deputy Governor, Prince Segun Adesegun, yesterday visited the proposed new site located at Arepo village in Ifo Local Government Area of the state.

sfl-goat-dip

Speaking at the proposed site, Prince Adesegun assured the cattle dealers that the site would be provided with adequate water and other amenities to assist the cattle dealers.

He explained that his visit to the new site was prompted by the state governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, who, he said, was determined to find a convenient place for the dealers to carry out their business.

The State Commissioner for Physical Planning, Mr. Adebayo Fari, who was on the entourage, disclosed that the government was working to ensure a smooth relocation of the cattle market to a comfortable and convenient place that would meet the needs of the dealers.

He revealed that a team of surveyors had been assigned to the new site to ascertain the suitability of the area for the new market. He described the present market as an eyesore that was becoming an embarrassment to the state government.

The State Commissioner for the Environment, Dr. Lanre Tejuoso, assured that the new market would not pose any environmental threat, adding that adequate measures had been taken to make the environment friendly.

He expressed delight at the level of development in the area, saying that it was an indication that the state was making steady progress.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

“Passport secured” – Nigerian man flaunts Canadian lover (Video)

Published

on

“Passport secured” – Nigerian man flaunts Canadian lover (Video)

A Nigerian man has taken to social media to flaunt his Canadian lover amid violence and protest in the country.

The man, simply identified as Bimbo, expressed that he is happy to be with his lover, a foreigner.

 

 

In a video that has since gone viral, Bimbo could be seen flaunting his older Canadian lover at a time some Nigerians are making plans to travel abroad considering the situation of things in the country.

In the video shared via his handle, @Bimbotwits, the young man could be seen teaching his Canadian lover some Nigerian slangs as she made attempts to pronounce them correctly.

“They say love is blind, but i seebit in your eyes. Canadian passport secured,” he captioned the video.

See below:

Continue Reading

News Feed

Lekki Toll Plaza should be renamed Lekki Memorial: Actor Alex Ekubo

Published

on

Lekki Toll Plaza should be renamed Lekki Memorial: Alex Ekubo

Alex Ekubo, popular Nigerian actor, has suggested that the famous Lekki toll gate be renamed in memory of protesters who lost their lives during the protest.

Ekubo added that the dead protesters paid the ultimate price while trying to put an end to police brutaity.

 

According to the thespian, Lekki Toll Plaza should be renamed ‘Lekki Memorial’ in what he described would be in memory to those who died for the cause.

The actor also suggested that it should be made toll-free.

He wrote on Twitter ;

Lekki Toll Plaza, should be renamed Lekki Memorial Way… & be made Toll Free… in Honor of our fallen comrades…

Continue Reading

News Feed

Buhari has ordered probe into Lekki shootings: Minister

Published

on

Buhari has ordered probe into Lekki shootings: Minister

Sunday Dare, Minister of Youths and Sport says Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered probe into shooting of end SARS protesters in Lekki area of Lagos.

The minister made this known in an interview on Arise TV on Friday.

About 53 protesters were killed, and many left wounded after soldiers opened live ammunition on the #EndSARS protesters Tuesday night.

When the minister was asked about the silence of the president on Lekki shootings in his #EndSARS address, Dare said Buhari would speak after the outcome of a probe he had ordered.

He said; “For sure the president has ordered an investigation, he had a national security meeting yesterday.

“I can tell you that this is already ongoing because the president wants to have all the facts which will absolutely be made public.

“It is important to get all the facts right before we go forward, in this case, it’s going to be difficult to hide these facts because we live in a multimedia world and we have pieces of evidence and corroboration and I think it is important to get the facts right.

“I think that’s the path the president has towed and I am sure that when the facts are made available, this president – because he has integrity – will level with the Nigerian people about what happened on Tuesday in Lekki.

“Previously, we just had lip service that SARS scrapped. For the first time, you have a presidential pronouncement that SARS has been dissolved followed by the inspector-general and then we saw quick steps thereafter.

“And I think when you look at what has happened in the past and the level of responsiveness and concrete steps, the whole five demands of the youth were wholeheartedly accepted by the president and he set up a process.”

Continue Reading

Trending