People get married for various reasons and that’s why sometimes couples don’t stand the test of time when they begin to have some challenges in the marriage.
Check out top 10 secrets to a happy marriage.
1. Happy couples enjoy each other’s company: Its simple,they like to be together, do things together, spend time and talk about things together. They tend to work on their flaws, get along together and just love each other regardless.
2. Happy couples fight reasonably without escalating things too much: No doubt there will be mis-understandings, arguments but they tend to control their choice of words, work on their mistakes to build a stronger and closer relationship.
For example, University of California (Berkeley) researchers looked at “connected” couples and discovered that they tend to use plural pronouns (“we”, “us” and “ours”) rather than singular pronouns (“I”, “me” and “mine”). As a result, they were less likely to feel stressed out after the disagreement than couples who used singular pronouns. “Using ‘we language’ during a fight helps couples align themselves on the same team, as opposed to being adversaries,” notes lead author Benjamin Seider.
3. Happy couples forgive each other: It maybe hard to forgive and forget, but they do forgive and let it go. When they have done something wrong or hurtful, they offer an apology. When they are the wronged party, they accept the gift of an apology.
Successful couples travel the pathway toward forgiving, which is outlined by author Clarissa Pinkola Estes, who cites these four stages for arrival at complete forgiveness:
— Forgo: Take a break from thinking about the person or event for a while.
— Forebear: Abstain from punishing, neither thinking about it nor acting on (the offense) in small or large ways. Give a bit of grace to the situation.
— Forget: Refuse to dwell; let go and loosen one’s hold, particularly on memory. To forget is an active — not passive — endeavor.
— Forgive: Make a conscious decision to cease to harbor resentment, which includes forgiving a debt and giving up one’s resolve to retaliate.
4. Happy couples have it in mind that marriage is a long time thing and a serious commitment. “There are only two options regarding commitment. You’re either in or you’re out. There’s no such thing as life in between,” they don’t just make promises to each other; they commit, keep to their marital vows.
5. Happy couples are always positive-minded: They pay close attention to what’s going on in each other’s lives and tend to be there for each other. They compliment each and look on the bright side.
6. Happy couples learn from mistakes and grow to be better: They don’t dwell on mistakes rather they use that as a stepping stone to be better to each other and to have a healthy marriage. This in turn build a stronger bond and of course love between the couples.
7. Happy couples tend to keep the love burning and stronger: They try not to fall out of love for each other, rather they find ways to keep igniting the passion and the romance going between them. Create time for each other, go on a date, have romantic dinners, surprise getaways and more.
8. Happy couples bring each other joy. Your partner is the one person you want to be with when you are depressed or going through some challenges because they make you happy.
9. Happy couples believe in the 60/40 rules rather than the 50/50 most people think. You give 60 and take back 40, its vice-versa not a one-sided thing.
10. Happy couples have shared values: They tend to share the same ideas, goals, understandings and are on the same page. Well maybe not all the time but a larger part of the time.
Poet Robert Browning put the secret to successful couples in a nutshell when he wrote, “Success in marriage is more than finding the right person: It is being the right person.”
Source: Your Tango
Nengi Reacts To A Tweet Wathoni Made About Her In 2017
BBNaija star, Rebecca Hampson Nengi reacts to a tweet made by fellow ex-housemate, Wathoni Ayansi about her in 2017.
Taking to her Twitter handle, Nengi wrote;
“Just saw this tweet Wathoni made about me in 2017.. made me smile @wathonianyansi love you b”
#ABetterTime: See Social Distance -Fans Shades Wizkid As Davido’s Album Surpasses 60 Million Streams
#LekkiMassacre: CNN Dares Nigeria Government, Updates Second Report (Video)
The Cable News Network, CNN seems not done with the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government with the television channel releasing another report on the shooting at the Lekki toll gate during the End SARS protests.
Recall that the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, called out CNN over its report on the incident.
He added that CNN was biased in its report and needs to be sanctioned.
The Minister also addressed a letter to the management of CNN in Atlanta.
The network, however, on Tuesday released the second report with more damning footage showing soldiers shooting at unarmed protesters on October 20, 2020.
The second report also shows the Commander, 81 Division, Brig.Gen Ahmed Taiwo, admitting before the judicial panel in Lagos that military men had live ammunition in their weapons while at the tollgate.
CNN also noted that the statement of Brig.Gen Taiwo contradicts that of the Minister who had claimed last week that the army fired blank bullets.
It was also revealed in the new report, the moment when protesters were running as soldiers open fire at the tollgate.
Watch video below;
— Ayemojubar 👠 (@ayemojubar) November 23, 2020
- Entertainment23 hours ago
Davido Celebrates Late Mom On Her Posthumous Birthday
- Entertainment23 hours ago
“Your Obsession With 2Face Will Be Your Death” – 2Face’s Brother Slams Blackface
- Entertainment24 hours ago
Blackface Drags Wizkid, Burna Boy For Stealing His Song
- Entertainment7 hours ago
‘You Are A Disgrace’ – Actress Adesua Etomi Knocks Lauretta Onochie Over Her Tweet
- National News22 hours ago
2020 Finance Bill Exempts Minimum Wage Earners From Tax: Buhari
- News Feed21 hours ago
“Marriage requirement is very high in Igboland” – Lady says her brother spent less than N50K on traditional marriage items to marry his wife from Benue
- National News23 hours ago
Court Remands Nigerian Senator, Ali Ndume, In Prison
- News Feed21 hours ago
Man narrates horrible experience with a slay queen in Abuja restaurant