Metro News

It Is Sad That Muslims Are Being Tagged As Terrorists In The Media – Sultan Of Sokoto

Why You Should Buy YouTube Views Cheap
Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa'ad Abubakar III

Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III

Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III has frowned on the way Muslims were being tagged as fundamentalists in the country, saying suicide bombers were not representing Islam but were mere criminals, who should be dealt with according to the laws of the land.

Speaking during a dinner with journalists in his palace in Sokoto on Sunday night, the monarch stated that Islam abhorred terrorism and the taking of life of innocent people without due process, adding that there was no plan whatsoever to emasculate any religion in the North.

The Sultan maintained that there was no compulsion in religion, and as such, no true Muslim would use force to compel others to convert to Islam.

“So, if anybody wants to wage a war to compel others to convert to Islam whereas Almighty Allah said in the Holy Quran that there is no compulsion in religion, then that person is not a true Muslim and not acting for Islam.

“Therefore, I want to call on all those who think that what is happening in the North in particular is a plan to exterminate other religions, to have a rethink because there is no plan to emasculate any religion.

“It is indeed sad that Muslims are being tagged as terrorists in the media in this country. I have never heard of Christian terrorists but all we hear in the media is Muslim terrorists, when it happens to be a Muslim. This issue is everywhere in the world where people are tagged Islamic fundamentalists.

“As long as we continue to label other people negatively because of the religion they belong to or certain activities being done by a particular religion, then we will continue to have a problem. Why not treat such terrorists as common criminals and deal with them according to the laws of the land?” the monarch asked.

1. Jimoh oladunmoye wasiu

August 6, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Sultan have spoken the reality

2. george.

August 6, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Please the sultan of sokoto if muslim is not a symbol of terrorist as you say, thank god for your comment, that says. “you have not hard of christan terrorist” yet you say muslim are not terrorist. Tell us whot are they? .a child that goes to seveen market an course war on seveen of the markets, is it only him that goes to the market? Any where in the whole word you hear about sucide bomber it is a muslim why? Nigeria,aflganistan, iran. Iraq,labanon,damasicous,syria,egypt.even in europ.amirica.asia any where you hear of sucide bomber he or she most be a muslim why!

3. victor

August 6, 2013 at 4:25 pm

You have said Islam should not be associated with terrorism, why are all the notorious terrorist in the world use Islam as a way of passing their information. Until this is idea is eradicated, most people will see Islam as a terrorist religion.
    I do not share this belief but people act according to what is at hand.

4. Hanifa

August 6, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Victor and geoge no body want u 2 buy any idea sultan have say d fact is it only all doz country u list dat do bomb wat of oda country dat use 2 do bombin.note all diz bombing is all set up by d enemies of islam.but Allah(GOD)have promise 2 protect islam no mater how d enemies try 2 spoil d name islam mean peace nd is peace 4 ever

5. Bello

August 6, 2013 at 7:54 pm

It is rather unfortunate dat muslims are engaged in terrorism, but dat dos not mean Islam encourages d act. Islam is a true religion of peace!

6. mustapha MUHAMMAD

August 6, 2013 at 10:42 pm

if you want learn about ISLAM, go study islam, dont study MUSLIMS. ISLAM is perfect. MUSLIMS are not. I am a muslim, Islam is perfect but I am not, if I make a mistakes, blame it on me, not on my religion

7. Olawale Oyebode

August 7, 2013 at 4:49 am

As a matter of fact, the royal father has says his own opinion and view concerning problems facing Nigeria as a Nation in term of terriorist. But, it ought to be noted that ignorance is the only problem facing most Islamic followers. And that is why they were causing trouble throughout the world. Most of them beliefs one can fight for God. But, how can a human being fight for God? I’m of opinion that those Islamic Leaders has a very paramount role to play so as to enlightning their followers back from evil perspective of destroying and disorganising everywhere for the sake of their religion. I think God know the best and serving God needs to come from our innermost and our mental commitments. Not that we should use every power in our vicinity so as to justified our religion. God Bless Nigeria!!!

8. Funsho

August 7, 2013 at 7:59 am

D northerns claim islamic name as their tribal name. Take 4 instance, i’m funsho and u wil identify my tribe frm my name. Dis is not so in hausa tribe. Our former head of state ‘Gen. Yakubu Gowon’ is not a muslim but takes dat name as an hausa name wch is not. Not every northerns are muslims and not everyone bearing muslim names are muslims. Saying Islamic terrorists or muslims are terrorist is just a way of staining others religion. Muslims are those who follow d teaches of Islam and Islam has never and wil never teach immoral act. Therefore anyone who act immorally irrespective of their religion shld be named terrorist not any aspect of their culture.

9. Arnold sambarah

August 7, 2013 at 7:20 pm

God bless sultan of sokoto he has spoken well.

10. Ayo

August 8, 2013 at 11:09 am

Muslims are always very angry when you say anything negative about their faith, they can even put up a fight if you don’t stop what you are saying.
    Now we have a group called Boko Haran.. They claim to be fighting for their religion( Islam), they make use of mosques as their arsenal, they engage in terrorist activities, destroying lives and properties all in the name of their religion..
    Most of these activities are being carried out in the north where more than 65% of the population are muslims..
    Now some wil say; Islam is a perfect religion of peace, and that BKH are not real muslims. Then, what are the real muslims doing about these people tarnishing the image of islam ( Absolutely NOTHING)..
    I expect all muslims around the world to be mad about these groups; BKH, Al queda etc. Using their most precious faith (Islam) to do evil..
    But the ‘real’ muslim only complain in words and watch the image of their religion go down the drain..
    This is a hard fact ; Only Muslims can put an end to terrorism. Because all the terrorist groups worldwide Operate under the guise of Islam..
    Until all the muslims in the world will stand up and say No to terrorism, the people of the world have no choice but to believe that Islam somehow teaches its faithfuls to be terrorist.

Metro News

Femi Otedola Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting

Femi Otedola Finally Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Femi Otedola

Femi Otedola

Nigerian businessman, Femi Otedola has finally reacted to the shooting that took place at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos on Tuesday.

Information Nigeria recalls men dressed in military wears opened fire on unarmed #EndSARS protesters, who convened at the area.

Otedola took to his Instagram page on Sunday to commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives in the unfortunate incident.

Sharing a photo of the Nigerian flag, he wrote;

“The horrors that have been unfolding in our country have left me filled with sadness. I deeply commiserate with those who have lost their loved ones and as a father, I share the sentiment of my three daughters who protested in Lagos and London. As a young boy of 16, I participated in the ‘Ali Must Go Protest’ of 1978, so I understand the determination of our youths who rightly want our country to be better. We must all do our part to make Nigeria great! I will continue to do my own quota in providing for those who are most in need of support in our country in these tough times .…F.Ote💲”

Read Also: Femi Otedola Spotted Dancing With His Children (Video)

Otedola’s post

Otedola’s post

Metro News

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” – Brother Claims

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” - Brother Claims
Oke

Oke

Information Nigeria recalls a graphics designer identified as Oke, was killed hours after tweeting “Nigeria will not kill me” on Wednesday.

It was reported that the young man had passed away after he was hit by a stray bullet.

The deceased’s younger brother, Daniel has come out to clear the air regarding the circumstances leading to his death.

Daniel revealed his brother was stabbed on the neck by thugs who infiltrated and ransacked their home.

In his words;

Good day, My name is Obi-Enadhuze Daniel younger brother of the now deceased Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze @O_Okee . I, my brother and mother lived at makinde police barracks, mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.

Today at about 11 o’clock in the morning the police station at makinde was attacked by thugs who wanted to destroy the station, I my mom and brother were holed up in our house.

The attack went on for hours before the thugs eventually breached the police and proceeded to set the station on fire, after accomplishing this they set their sights to the barracks and began the assault, they proceeded to destroy every car in the barracks, my mom’s 2 cars where destroyed and set on fire and then they infiltrated our house by breaking the door they then proceeded to ransack the house and carted away with everything we own.

my brother on trying to get them to take everything but spare us was pushed to my mom’s room and stabbed on the neck, the attacker then proceeded to attack me but missed my neck but got my chin instead, after this my mom and I carried my brothers body to the entrance of the station soliciting for help from the thugs still ravaging the barracks, we were finally able to put him in a wheelbarrow and took him to a hospital where he was rejected because “he was already dead” unfazed we moved him to another hospital where he met the same treatment this was where he bled his last drops of blood and died, his body has now been moved to a morgue

we have lost every single thing we own, as our house was completely ransacked and set on fire the only thing left is my brothers phone and at about 8 o’clock this evening the barracks was still on fire but Okechukwu has paid with the ultimate price

I and my mother are homeless with nothing now but we’re safe for now, we thank everyone that has been able to reach out to us, and were able to share consoling words with us in these trying times, God bless you

While we were holed up in the house the three of us said these words together and we say it again ” THREE OF US ARE HERE, THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER, THREE OF US ARE SAFE”

Let it be known that my brother @O_Okee  was NOT killed by a police bullet but died a hero protecting my mother and I.

If you see this please retweet, let the world know how Okechukwu died. He was NOT killed by a police bullet but thugs in his home!”

Read Also: RIP Oke: Barely 3hours After Tweeting “Nigeria Will Not End Me” #EndSARS Protester Dies From Gunshot

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.