Metro News

I Regret The Reactions My Essay Generated, Says Fani-Kayode

Femi-Fani-Kayode-2As reactions continue to trail former Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode’s three part essay that followed the deportation of some destitute of Igbo extraction from Lagos to Anambra State, the controversial former minister has once more stressed that he was misunderstood.

In an interview with LEADERSHIP Sunday yesterday in Abuja, Fani-Kayode said his true intentions as expressed in one of the articles, “The Bitter Truth About The Igbo”, was misconstrued by Nigerians especially the Igbos.

According to him, “It was never my intention to hurt anybody or to in anyway disparage the Igbos, just in the same way that I felt that my brother and friend Orji Uzor Kalu’s  comment about Lagos being ‘no man’s land’ and that 55% of the revenue generated in Lagos and businesses in Lagos belong to the Igbos. I didn’t take offense personally and I didn’t think the Yoruba people did, but we disagreed with him. And in the same way, I didn’t feel my own analysis about the Igbos would upset the Igbo people, they may disagree but I really didn’t realise that it would upset them to this extent. So, it is regrettable that anything I had said would have made anybody fell uncomfortable.  It certainly wasn’t my intention to hurt anybody,

“I can’t apologise for my expressions in my essay.  What I can say I regret is the reactions that it elicited among people. My historical expressions have not been in any way refuted, there are historical facts and am not going to pretend and say that I was not accurate. So, I can’t apologise for historical facts that I enunciated, but what I can say however, that has been much of big regret for me is that my intentions were misconstrued by members of the Igbo community in this country. I have absolutely nothing against Igbos.

“As a matter of fact I have very strong ties with the Igbo people, myself and my family for three or four generations we have very strong ties with the Igbos. So, for anybody to say that am anti-Igbo that means I have been misunderstood which is regrettable. This is only an intellectual debate; it doesn’t go deep with me. It is an intellectual exercise,” he stressed.

1. chudyjames

August 18, 2013 at 4:13 pm

these is just ranting of an ant, am not surprise its as a result of envy and jealousy, new York and new jersey are competing for development your busy laying claim to dirty Lagos, china and Singapore are building tallest building in the world and one EFCC fugitive, is busy hating progressive people, even some dead wood country countries like Zimbabwe still criticize america, and outdated and disillusioned people of AFGHANISTAN still criticize Israel which is best economy in the entire middle east with almost zero unemployment level, your hating and envy only make us stronger, check out SUPPER EAGLE 75%IGBO SUPER FALCONS 80%IGBO, NOLLYWOOD 85%IGBO, MUSIC INDUSTRY 55%IGBOS, commerce is in total control of igbos, ask average banker in Lagos, he or she ll tell you that aside few yahoo Yoruba boys and few rogue Yoruba politician the rest cash is owned by igbos, take a tripe to apapa ship deport and ask who owns the arriving containers, i believe the INDIAN, CHINESE AND LEBANESE BUSINESS MEN in Lagos know the value of igbos more the EFCC FUGITIVE FEMI KAYODE, the then fct minter mallan nasiru el rufai ADMITTED that Abuja is the 6th igbo state, that 75% of properties in Abuja is owned by igbos and 90% hotels owns by igbos, mr femi get get life or better still work down the street ang hug transformer.

• Osemudiamen

August 20, 2013 at 1:06 am

So far so good! I appreciate some of our Yoruba brothers who reamained impartial in this debate by admitting that what is wrong is wrong! Analytically, Orji Uzor Kalu only referred to the position of Lagos and the Igbos as it concerns development therein;whether he was right or wrong is a matter that can be verified. But Femi Fani Kayode dabbled into the matter to instead of reply appropriately to the claims or insinuations of Kalu if they are; he rather chose to castigate,insult, cajole,condemn and berate the entire igbo race through his baseless biased assertions and negatively and prejudiced account of the history of Nigeria politics which was geared towards hatred and incitement of crisis to say the least. He went further into self and tribal aggrandizement. Who asked you all those FFK? Why must you go into irrelevance? Why did you not attack only Kalu and not the whole igbo tribe? Why did you not remain within the limits of the issues raised?
      Further, the matter became even worse such that people started wondering whether Femi Kayode was still of sane mind or has he been inflicted with madness by the ancestors,spirits and cutodian forces of Igbo Dynasty for advertently attacking the Igbo race. Now, should a sane man of FFK’s calibre show off his ignorance by spitefully mentioning persons names in a debate of this nature and to depict his low moral by not having any male Igbo associate or friend. It’s appaling!
      From what FFk said above, he is only regretting when he should also be apologising! I think it has not dawned on him yet the level of havoc he has wrecked in the minds of average Yoruba and Igbo man and Nigerians at large. Presently, Nigeria is on healing process of the past wounds which must be encouraged not chattered! Long live United Tribes of Nigeria!

2. kalu obinna

August 18, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Mr Femi fani kayode, I dare you to engage me in a public debate. What could be more preposterous than these which you called historical facts. Send me a debate invite via my mail address, and I will teach you the anthropological history of our dear country Nigeria, which you twisted to suit your ethnocentric and egocentric nature. Let’s go for a debate Mr femi…enough of this wallowing in oblivion.

3. Ebere Dim

August 18, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Igbos are the most industrious people in Nigeria, so Mr Fani mind the nonsense you blabber.

4. Adeyemi

August 18, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Please my Igbo brother Femi has apologies please lets come together and move this country forward let forget what ever femi said please

• uchenna

August 18, 2013 at 9:47 pm

@Adeyemi, you are a true son of your father. Thank you for taking such stand. People like you are the type we look forward to seeing that will move this country forward, irrespective of political, tribe and religious divide.

• NOLLYPACO

August 20, 2013 at 2:19 pm

TRU TALK BRO U AR A PATRIOTIC NIGERIAN AN DATS D KIND WE NID IN OUR TODAY’S POLITICS.

5. molebaba

August 18, 2013 at 6:13 pm

@Ade
    yemi, Ƴѳu̶̲̥̅̊ spoke well despite my Igbo brothers angry comments. But the fact still remains that ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ brother FFK is still in illusion about the essence A̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ role of the Igbos in Lagos.

6. Prince Chigara

August 18, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Femi Fani Kayode you were one of the very few people I least expected to get caught up in such an issue. You have just reminded us of the marginalization been faced by the IGBOS. Eg all regions in this country have SIX states how many has the SOUTH EAST, as a man I don’t believe with your kind of person who is enthocentric and careless with your words and comments can offer any trace of hope for this country.
    Today you have lost all the respect I have for you. Now I know as an Igbo man I should be very careful with EVERY Yoruba person.
    For my fellow Nde Igbo ka anyi lota ulo ka yi hara ndi ofe nmanu obudu ha, ka anyi mezie ala igbo. O na ewutem ka oma na afufu ndi igbo na ata na NIGERIA. Egbe bere Ugo bere nke si ibeya ebele nku kwaya

7. Alvin Opara

August 18, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Point of. Correction, your claims have been disputed in it’s entirety. Go and read Dr Okafor’s article disputing your claims and see how shallow minded and ignorant you are. https://www.informationnigeria.com/2013/08/opinion-the-lies-of-femi-fani-kayode-part-1-the-lie-about-the-yorubas-being-nigerias-earliest-graduates-by-dr-samuel-okafor.html

8. evo

August 18, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Please my igbo people, chief FFK has appologised, or at least he has made an attempt, pls my people for the sake of peace, let us also meet him half way as he has done. Pls sheath ur swords, am sure lessons have been learnt both ways. Igbo, yoruba, hausa, n other minorities r one weda we accept it or not, hope we know dat God doesn’t see us as divided but as one. We should try and tolerate if we can’t love our neighbours. Hand in hand let’s make project “NIGERIA” work.

9. miss

August 18, 2013 at 11:54 pm

His a big fool ever think he can compare himself or any yoruba man with even a cripled igbo man.

• egbjnr

August 19, 2013 at 3:47 pm

hummmmmmmm are u learned?

10. gail

August 19, 2013 at 2:45 am

@ffk,no be who wey first call police dey win case! Learn how to tame ur mouth,u talk too much! See the way shama maliga finished ur whole household,hung dr dirty linen out in d public about ur wife & daughters sexual escapeds. Change ur ways!

11. Isy

August 19, 2013 at 3:11 pm

FFK is just a confused nit wit that does not know what is ailing him, his first reaction would have been to douse the tension that Fashola caused but instead he was quick to jump into conclusions on OUK’s statements of fact because he feels he is well read, his kind should be neglected because cocain & whisky has a greater part to play in any of his write up.

12. NOLLYPACO

August 20, 2013 at 2:23 pm

We can stil liv as 1 irrespectiv of wat ffk has said,i jst hope he has learnt his lessons from al of this.

13. Pro-B

August 20, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Its a wonder that in this age and time when racism and other forms discrimination are being are receiving global attention and condemnation, our wonderful rogue of an ex-minister is busy wasting the ink in his unfortunate pen to write his “Nigerian History According to FFK”, at a time when a black man could sit in the exalted oval office in the white house, another ‘Very-idle’ black man can find time and energy to spread hate among the people he claims are his own people. Ethnicity and tribal segregation has been the bane of this country, and I have always been of the view that Nigeria should spend double the efforts the global community spends fighting racism, in fighting these vices.

In any case, oh rogue ex-minister, here are some truths I would like to share with you; for one, you are no Yoruba man as the ones I know are not as daft as you have proven to be. Secondly, You dont deserve to be called a Nigerian, rather, you deserve to be mobbed and lynched for all the atrocities you and the likes of you have committed in this country. Shameless, thieving ex-minister of ‘deviation’.

14. Don

September 23, 2013 at 5:08 am

femi you be fool oh

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.